Pressed pennies

BMAEC

Mouseketeer
Do the pressed penny machines at the parks still take pennies? I read about new machines where you don’t put in your own penny and wasn’t sure if this is widespread. Also, can you use your magic band to pay the pressing fee? Or Apple Pay? Wondering if I need to pack quarters too. Not sure if this is even the right board but we leave in a couple hours for Orlando so running out of time!

I don’t know about magic bands and Apple Pay, but I have seen several machines where you can use your card to buy a whole set of pressed coins.
They still have pressed penny machines around the parks that take pennies and quarters. I saw them all over on my last trip. The old style ones do not take cards or other forms of payment. Most take 1 penny and 2 quarters.

And there is the one Pressed Penny that is FREE-the one that is part of some France Missions in Agent P's World Showcase Adventure.:)

I don’t know about magic bands and Apple Pay, but I have seen several machines where you can use your card to buy a whole set of pressed coins.
They still have pressed penny machines around the parks that take pennies and quarters. I saw them all over on my last trip. The old style ones do not take cards or other forms of payment. Most take 1 penny and 2 quarters.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? lol
How much does a whole set cost?

Seems like the machines are not all the same. I didn’t see any that accepted magic band as payment. Most still just take 50+1.

I brought coins for the kids but honestly any concession stand will give you change, too. Otherwise you’ll be carrying 20 lbs of coins and jingling around the park...

Make sure you have a place to put them, they can be hard to keep up with!

We were there last month and got several pressed pennies. We found several of the traditional style (had to refill our M&Ms container with more pennies and quarters a couple times throughout our trip.) We also saw several machines where you put in your card and didn't have a way to use your own penny - what you got was a penny from the machine. I don't remember seeing a way to pay with the Magicband (that would have been more convenient than using a card) but maybe we just didn't see it, and we don't use Apple so I don't know about Apple pay.

We also saw several machines that pressed quarters rather than pennies.

Definitely get a bunch of quarters because we saw the traditional machine more than the other. Sounds like you've already left but I bet the hotel can tell you how you can get quarters!

We saw these and realized it's a brilliant strategy for the people who own the machine! Those coins had "2 of 8" or whatever stamped on it, indicating it's part of a set, so some people are going to want to buy the entire set rather than just 1 or 2 designs. The price per coin was either the same as buying them individually or slightly cheaper.

Last edited:
I brought coins for the kids but honestly any concession stand will give you change, too. Otherwise you’ll be carrying 20 lbs of coins and jingling around the park...

We always have a bunch of quarters and pennies in our suitcase but only fill our M&M container about half full, then refill it each night as needed. It definitely weighs down your backpack if you bring too many!

That’s what I said when I saw one! I enjoy trying to find a set and the fun in the challenge. But I saw people using them and could see people using it if it was a set they really wanted or if they didn’t have cash or change.
I forget how much they are.

There are many many traditional pressed pennies at Disney! They are everywhere if you look! Bring quarters and pennies...most are 2 quarters a d a penny to use...there are a few that also do pressed quarters...those are 5 quarters to use.

There are some that take credit - but more that don’t!

We have bought the ones that are pre-pressed sets, but only because we wanted some of the designs. It's the only way to get some of them. Here are some good websites for the machine locations, what they have, and the cost. I have not seen any that take MB or Apple Pay. The ones that have pre-pressed take cash or credit.

https://www.ctmgroupinc.com/disney/ (This is the company that makes the WDW machines.)
http://209.221.138.252/Locations.aspx?area=14 (pennycollector.com, Look for the individual parks, Disney Springs, or hotels)

We have bought the ones that are pre-pressed sets, but only because we wanted some of the designs. It's the only way to get some of them. Here are some good websites for the machine locations, what they have, and the cost. I have not seen any that take MB or Apple Pay. The ones that have pre-pressed take cash or credit.

https://www.ctmgroupinc.com/disney/ (This is the company that makes the WDW machines.)
http://209.221.138.252/Locations.aspx?area=14 (pennycollector.com, Look for the individual parks, Disney Springs, or hotels)

The ctmgroup is the site that I used to use - but now when I click all I see is a picture of the blue screen with the 6 parks but I can’t click them to get to the old interactive maps. Does this work for you? I’m on an iPhone if it matters...

The ctmgroup is the site that I used to use - but now when I click all I see is a picture of the blue screen with the 6 parks but I can’t click them to get to the old interactive maps. Does this work for you? I’m on an iPhone if it matters...

It worked for me. The blue ovals bring up a map of the park, then you click on a square containing a name location to bring up a picture of the machine and designs at that location. It's not as nice as having a list though. I am using Chrome on my laptop. It looks like the page uses Java script. Are you using Safari?

EDIT: I tried it on my iPhone using Safari. If I double clicked a few times, it eventually came up. However, sometimes double clicking just seemed to zoom in. Chrome was about the same but no zooming. I think it's just taking a long time to load, so it appears to do nothing.

Last edited:
It worked for me. The blue ovals bring up a map of the park, then you click on a square containing a name location to bring up a picture of the machine and designs at that location. It's not as nice as having a list though. I am using Chrome on my laptop. It looks like the page uses Java script. Are you using Safari?

EDIT: I tried it on my iPhone using Safari. If I double clicked a few times, it eventually came up. However, sometimes double clicking just seemed to zoom in. Chrome was about the same but no zooming. I think it's just taking a long time to load, so it appears to do nothing.

Nice! Thank you! I just clicked a bunch of times and eventually it actually took me to the map I know and love!! I was so bummed when it stopped working last year...glad to know it’s still there at least!

We were just there last week and did pressed pennies for the first time! It was so much fun! We’ve really gotten into things like that and pin trading. I brought a bunch of pennies and quarters with but we had to keep restocking since we were getting so many pressed pennies. We ended up buying one of those books that hold all of your pennies. They had one lying on top of one of the penny machines and it has the four different parks on it.

So yes, there are still TONS of old fashioned penny machines around. We saw one pressed quarter machine and a couple of the ones for your card where it gives you the whole set. We didn’t do the sets because it wasn’t as fun to us to do it that way. We did do one pressed quarter because it was stitch so we had to.

DD and DGD did some pennies this last trip. There was one machine that had a change machine by it for a dollar you got 4 quarters AND 2 shiny pennies. I thought that was nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter