Pressed pennies

tseitel

DIS Veteran
Hi. Can anyone tell me what I need for the pressed penny machines? Quarters, bills? Thanks

Dollars and credit card. I mostly used the credit card bc I had to but be careful on my last trip I think from the penny machines my number got stolen. It was no problem with my credit card and I don’t know for sure if that’s how it happened I just encourage you to be diligent about reviewing your activity

Wait... They take credit card now????
In 2019 it was still pennies and quarters. Is that not an option now?
We always give our son a mini M&M tube full of pennies and a pocket full of quarters for him to enjoy.

We always give our son a mini M&M tube full of pennies and a pocket full of quarters for him to enjoy.
We were there this summer, and the only machines we found that still accept coins were at the Contemporary. All the ones we saw in the parks required credit cards, and we looked pretty hard!

Dollars and credit card. I mostly used the credit card bc I had to but be careful on my last trip I think from the penny machines my number got stolen. It was no problem with my credit card and I don’t know for sure if that’s how it happened I just encourage you to be diligent about reviewing your activity
So they saw the number you inserted into the machine?

Yes. Most of the machines are credit cards now. I found one at our resort that was not. We were at Disney last month.

As much as I read these boards I can believe I didn’t know that, lol. Here I was toting around quarters and pennies….

I typically do a lot of pressed pennies, but I was aggravated because now they cost a dollar (petty, I know!) so only bought a few this trip. Also, I don’t think the automatic machines press the image as well.

Yes. Most of the machines are credit cards now. I found one at our resort that was not. We were at Disney last month.

As much as I read these boards I can believe I didn’t know that, lol. Here I was toting around quarters and pennies….

I typically do a lot of pressed pennies, but I was aggravated because now they cost a dollar (petty, I know!) so only bought a few this trip. Also, I don’t think the automatic machines press the image as well.
We were exactly the same. I did my research before going, but we were hoping to still find a few. In addition to the cost, it's just not as much fun to swipe a card and have the machine spit out a penny. Oh well. That TRON coaster isn't going to pay for itself!😂

Also, you can purchase all or several of the designs for more money. $1 is for 1 pressed penny. The machine provides the penny.

My daughter is OBSESSED with the pressed pennies and I've become an expert.

The use of credit cards (or Apple Pay) is very nice (no lugging change) but keep in mind in most cases you can only get the full assortment of pennies (i.e. the 3 or 5 or 7 designs) and have to pay ~$3 to $5 dollars. You can't in most cases use a credit card to buy a single design for $1.

That being said, the credit card purchase is great and I did it probably 15 times last trip without any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter