• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pressed pennies

WDWRNTLK

Retirement goal - RN in the Magic Kingdom!
Hi all -
We’re headed down on the 19th and I want to verify something I’ve heard recently about the pressed penny machines. My son collects them and it’s a big deal to find new ones to add to his collection.
Do the machines still exist? And if so do they still work the same way? 1 penny to press and 2 quarters for payment?
I’ve heard someone say that they only take cc now which takes away some of the fun but at least they would still be available.
Long story short, do I need to pack Pennie’s and quarters or not?

There's still a machine in the Splash Mountain store and (if my memory is correct) it only took credit cards.

Most of the machines are now $1 per penny using a $1 bill. Some that offer 8 different designs allow you to use a credit card to purchase all 8 for $5.

There was a Minnie 2021 one upstairs at the Poly that still takes coins. I got it in July—and lost it before I got home evidently 🙄

There is a machine in the lobby of Boardwalk. I don't recall what it cost, but it supplied the penny.

Some take pennies & quarters, some take bills, and some take credit cards. It's pretty haphazard. The Press Coins site (https://www.presscoins.com/) is pretty good about showing locations, designs, and even the machines. If you can see a crank in the picture, then it takes pennies & quarters. Otherwise, it takes bills and/or credit cards. Here's the link to the 50th anniversary ones.

https://www.presscoins.com/news/newcoins.php
EDIT: Some may take pennies & quarters but not have the crank. You can see in the picture if it has a bill or CC slot.

Last edited:
I had friends visit in October that were collecting them wherever we could find them. They used a cc or Apple Pay, so I didn't pay attention to other forms of payment. There is a section on the MDE telling you where all the machines are...just use the search to find them in each location 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter