Pretty much says it all

Did you grow up in a "soda and appetizer family" or a "water is fine" family & where are you now?

• Total voters

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
I grew up in a water is fine family, married into an apps family and had apps kids and realize we sometimes just don't get each other, it really is the little things ;)

2022-07-20_21-07-24_000 (2).jpg

Apps only when we will share the app AND an entree

Usually "water is fine" but my husband almost always orders a beer.

Water.

If dining out with friends for a nice evening meal, nicer restaurant, then an appetizer and glass of wine.

I don’t think I’ve ever ordered “just water” as a beverage in a restaurant. Coffee, iced tea, soft drink, wine, cocktail, etc.

Appetizers maybe 10% of the time, and those are almost always to share.

Soda or water seems unrelated to appetizers as I see it. You could do appetizers with either. I know if we went out to eat with several of our relatives like on a holiday we would usually share appetizers. Typically, everyone doesn't like the same things so we might order a dish of mushrooms and some other things for those who didn't. Before the days it was trendy to drink bottled water, some ordered a glass of water since usually that is free while soda wasn't.

Growing up we weren't that big of eaters, so if our family went out to dinner, appetizers would be too much food along with the main meal as well as dessert. We almost always ordered pop instead of water. Many restaurants would bring out glasses of water for everyone regardless of what else you were drinking.

If a group of co-workers went to a restaurant after work, we always ordered some appetizers for those who were bigger eaters. Generally, everyone paid for their own beverage since there is a wide variety of prices.

Grew up in water only family. Definitely no appetizers. Now? My kids can order soda. I usually order a drink or 2. Sometimes an appetizer, sometimes not.

Growing up we got whatever we wanted. We always got drinks, not necessarily apps but if we wanted them we could.

As I became an adult I’m a water person but sometimes get alcohol. If I want an appetizer or something I’ll get it. So I guess now I’m a water person to save a few dollars but have no issue if the family orders drinks (most of us just get water but not because they have to).

The most annoying of all is a family that makes their kids get water. Then they read the menu and see the kids meal comes with a drink, so they are then allowed a drink. You know a big tip is coming your way when that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter