Previous Covid infection unvaxxed 12+

MyPrince&Princess

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how you deal with a situation where an unvaxxed 12+ Canadian citizen has recovered from Covid about 30 days before returning to Canada? What happens with testing? The PCR will most likely still show positive. What documentation do we need before we leave Canada to ensure she's not assumed to be positive again? Granted we can board a plane with a negative antigen but when we get home, will she have to take a day 1 and day 8 test? Will she have to quarantine? I can't find anything on the govt website that addresses this scenario.

I posted this reply on the sticky thread before I saw you had started another:

All great questions. Things can get really complicated, especially when someone isn't vaccinated.

I don't want to muddy the waters further, so instead I strongly suggest going back to the gov't websites. As confusing as they may be, they are the only 100% reliable source of this information. My read on it is that the proof of recovery (which varies depending where you're going) was primarily a tool to allow you to travel without testing. Is this person going to the States? If so you'll need to look at this:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

Looks like unvaccinated people (who are exempt, such as under 18) are required to test upon arrival, unless they have proof of recovery, which for the US if I recall correctly is an official lab report of infection AND a doctor's letter saying they have recovered and are fit to travel.

As for returning to Canada, I believe regardless of recovery any unvaccinated individuals will need to quarantine for the full 14 days. At least I can't seem to find any exemptions to that based on recent infection - but again please don't take my word for it.

The Canadian government site doesn't make any mention of exemptions from quarantine or day 1/day 8 testing based on previous infection.

Quarantine in a suitable place for 14 days​

Travellers who don't qualify as fully vaccinated must quarantine for 14 days to limit the spread of COVID-19 and variants in Canada.

Planning your 14 day quarantine​

You must demonstrate that you have a suitable plan for quarantine for 14 days. You’re expected to make these plans, within your own means, before travelling to Canada. Your quarantine plan must be entered into ArriveCAN.

Assess your quarantine plan

Starting your quarantine period​

Your quarantine period begins on the day that you arrive in Canada.

For example, if you arrive at 8:15 am on Thursday, October 1, then Thursday is considered day 1 of your quarantine period. Your quarantine period would end 14 full days later, at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, October 14.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ravellers-coming-into-canada#positive-results

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter