Previous Dining Plan'rs - portion sizes? Much different?

CathrynRose

<font color=brown>R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P
How big are the differences in portion size?

There isnt a special "small" menu, is there? Im not concerned about being hungry but my DF and boys are looking forward to BIG HONKIN' steaks(men :sad2: )

Anyone notice obnoxious differences? TIA! :goodvibes

There are more than enough buffets, all you care to eat restaurants and even all you care to eat menu options like the skillet meal at WCC to accommodate guests with large appetites.

MYW Dining guests don't get a special "small" menu. I don't think the portion reductions are dramatic, just some of the items that used to be sized for sharing have been reduced. A TS meal with an appetizer,entree,dessert and drink should be more than enough food for most guests.

The portions we received on the DDP were HUGE...generally enough for two people with normal appetites.

DDP guests are treated no differently than guests paying OOP. Everything on the menu is the same and so are the portions. If you are concerned that you'll be discriminated against as a DDP guest, then you don't have to even tell them until it's time to pay.

Trust me they will be able to stuff themselves with big honkin pieces of beef to their hearts content - this was my Dad's and god daughter's dream when we went in Nov/Dec.

Also, with steaks, you generally know how much beef you are getting because they are listed by cut and size (i.e. 12 oz New York Strip; 8 oz filet mignon, etc).

Here is a rating of the steaks consumed by our group:

1. Planet Hollywood - it came in first because they were cooked exactly as ordered and they were enormous - they were very tasty.
2. Le Cellier (shocking isn't it) - these were excellent but a little less done than requested (my god daughter blanched for a minute when her mashed potatoes were pink from her medium-well steak). The were sized exactly as to what was specified on the menu.
3. Alfredo's - although we had a bad start to the steaks (one was cold and the other cooked to shoe leather) when it was brought to the Manager's attention they were replaced with two perfectly cooked tender cuts of meat.
4. The Castle - alas it is no more but the steaks were good.
5. Concourse Steakhouse - the steaks were fine but really paled in comparison to the rest of them.

Oh and if your guys don't like sauces or strange toppings on the steaks, everywhere was really great about leaving them off or putting them on the side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter