• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

Our trip is in about 3 weeks now . Was going to wait a bit longer to get the tickets ordered , but jumped this morning with UT . They are still offering the old prices WITH the old MaxPass prices if you want/need it attached to your tickets !
For us , this will prob be our last trip out to DL ( our second trip ) , so it made sense to just go ahead and get the MaxPass for everyday of our 5 day tickets . Saved about $150 for 2 adult 5 day hoppers with MaxPass attached over the new DL prices .
Just to confirm ........ The UT process was simple and seamless . Got our e/tickets instantly and already scanned them into the DL app . No issues ! Will be able to walk right up the turnstyles with UT tickets .
I think they are going to sell out quick , so if you are on the fence ....... just do it !
Now at least we can start practicing / learning how to get a boarding pass on Rise !

Uggghhh, and here I usually recommend buying Maxpass day-by-day. 😭

I honestly didn’t think they would raise it given how last year went. I guess they’re determined to keep bleeding money from the people who are there since attendance is not what they were hoping for, but good grief. Do not like.

The ticket/AP increases aren’t too ridiculous, but Maxpass is a blow IMO.
Yeah, to me the ticket increases are largely symbolic, tick a box type things that management is doing. I thought that they would wait until Summer just prior to Avenger's campus - that way it would feel like value for value.

But right now, with cuts to entertainment and construction all over the place and ROTR being a net neutral (awesome new ride - morning crowds and stress) value, I didn't think it would go up here in the winter.

And, yeah, Maxpass was a no-brainer at 10 and even 15 for me. Now at 20 I'm really having to think about it.

Unfortunately I was waiting on my tax return before I made the decision to get tickets for Easter week. I doubt the old tickets will last long enough.

Ugh. I really like buying directly from Disney, so everything is nice and neat in my app already when we arrive. But I just ran to Getawaytoday and bought 4 tickets! (2-day 1-park-per-day with Maxpass). Saved almost $100, and we're using 3 of them in a few weeks when I take my SIL, niece, and daughter. The 4th ticket is for my son this October. Hopefully it doesn't expire before then, but it's definitely worth the risk. (since I could still use its value) Sad day, as always, when there's a price hike!

If you already have a vacation in the works there is no reason not to.

well it’s not always that simple. We save for our vacations as an item line in our budget and we have 8 months until we go. So right now that bucket of money only has so much in it. And flights for October go on sale next month with southwest and who knows when hallowed tickets go on sale..

Didn’t the flex pass “only” go up $50?
Yes, it’s a $50 increase.

We upgraded a SoCal 3-day ticket and an UT ticket w/MP to Flex on Saturday. I’m glad we didn’t wait to upgrade the SoCal ticket - we had only used 1 day.

well it’s not always that simple. We save for our vacations as an item line in our budget and we have 8 months until we go. So right now that bucket of money only has so much in it. And flights for October go on sale next month with southwest and who knows when hallowed tickets go on sale..

I hear you. If the money isnt there its better to wait then put it on a credit card or something where the interest offsets the savings.

Can anybody relate how much convention ticket rates usually go for? We were planning on waiting to buy our 3 day park hopper and adding maxpass, but with the price increase, it might be worth it to maybe just get them through UT? Does anyone know what the convention rate might be so I can see if it is worth risking and holding out.

Wow... the maxpass increase is pretty steep. I had hoped it might only go up $1-2... but $20 is a lot per day just for maxpass.
I wonder if less people will buy it now at the new price and that that leads to less canceled FPs which is(/was) a great selling point for maxpass in my opinion... that would be even worse than the price increase itself...
I‘ll definitely checking the situation about cancel FPs during the summer months here on the board...

I am running at circles at home for weeks now because I still have no idea if I am able to go to DL this thanksgiving... this uncertainty is killing me... if I‘d only knew one way or the other...and now the price increase... grrr...

Can anybody relate how much convention ticket rates usually go for? We were planning on waiting to buy our 3 day park hopper and adding maxpass, but with the price increase, it might be worth it to maybe just get them through UT? Does anyone know what the convention rate might be so I can see if it is worth risking and holding out.
Before the increase a 5 Day Hopper with MP was $415, not sure what it is now.

Wow. I just so happened to call WDTC on Saturday to add maxpass to our existing reservations. I did it just for convenience but that was a good call.

The prices for a DLR vacation are getting ridiculous. This may be it for us. Sad but true.

Going to be interesting to see what happens if there is a recession like a lot of people are predicting.

Yikes to the maxpass increase. I'm a maxpass loyalist, but $20 a day per ticket is steep. With that increase, I would say it can make more sense to do maxpass is you have parkhoppers. If not, I would only get it if you know the day is super crowded. If you get there early, you can get through 5-6 rides with minimal waits without any fastpasses.

We definitely won’t be doing MaxPass on a regular basis anymore.... probably only during the holiday season when it’s crazy busy and super helpful to have it to ride HM and IASW.

After this trip, I think we might go back to our old FP collection method where I ran around the park all the time with our tickets. For a family of 4, that's $80 extra per day. It was a steal when it was $10/ticket ($40/day). And I could mentally handle it at $15/day. But at the $20/day price point, I think that's too high. Especially when you add $25/day parking on top of it and all the rest.
Us too. Not paying $20. Making fast passes on the phone is free at WDW......

Crumb. I bought AP's in December and forgot to add MP. I called back and was told I could just add it at the gate when we visit in August. oh well- next time I will follow my instincts and not wait for the gate!

I was worried when I read about the increase, but it looks like the Canadian Residents offer is locked in at previous prices. We're buying that before the deadline on Sunday, so I'm glad we didn't miss a chance to snag it at the same price.

It does sound like a lot for MP, but when you compare it to other parks and their "skip the line" tickets (which don't skip the line, but just have priority), the price isn't unreasonable.
This is an interesting point. FP is still free* (free, as in included in cost of admission) and MP is now $20.

What if they added FP to every attraction, stopped free FPs, and charged $200 if you wanted to use FP/MP?

I don’t know if that is better or worse than the current system, but that would certainly be more in line with what other parks are doing with their “skip the line“ type programs. Interesting to think about.

Seems to be they are making things so much more confusing with all these tier things but maybe its just me.

From what I can see, the Tiers only apply to 1-Day tickets. If you are buying multi-day tickets, than the Tiers are not an issue.

Regarding MP, I agree that $20 is a lot of $$$, especially with a family of four on multi-day tickets. It would be nice if they offered a discount for multiple days. For example, $80 to add it on to 5-day tickets is still more than the prior price ($75 for five days), but folks would feel like they are getting a deal.

With MP at $20 now, we would probably just buy it on one person's ticket for the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter