Price increase too much?

I think some of these comparisons being made are unreasonable. So dining in Venice is cheaper, but at what cost did it take to get there? Are you paying for Disney characters to be there? While a meal may be cheaper, what does trip to trip overall comparison look like? I can’t just drive to Venice for a two day visit but many can for Disney. And while some children may love. Entice, I doubt it would hold the wonder and awe that many small children get from Disney, which is why many families pay the high price.

Everyone vacations differently. If I can’t afford to go to Disney and stay on property and eat what I won’t, I just won’t go. I prefer the whole experience. I can’t imagine staying off property, shuttling back and forth to eat meals, cooking or packing food for the parks, etc. That is not a vacation for me, though it may still be for someone else.

Having said that, I can’t imagine paying the prices to stay at the GF or the Poly. Others do, and Disney gives them that choice.

Bottom line, I don’t think you can compare a Disney vacation to any other vacation. As many have pointed out, Disney doesn’t care who gets priced out because there are plenty in line waiting to fill the spot.

I agree. I do price different destinations and find that for the most part the cost per person per day is just about the same. Our current WDW is a tad more money because I planned additional dining experiences for my family however still not out of reach for us. My kind of vacation is not for everyone, (I would reather chew glass and die than camp, and a beach vacation in New England makes my blood curdle) but it works for us.

For the heck of it I just checked airfare to Venice. For my family of four, I’d pay as much in airfare alone as I am paying for five days at Disney with the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter