Price increases on PAP's?

SusanD

Mouseketeer
I had planned on buying a PAP with the DVC discount for our September trip. Now it looks like a cast member will be giving us a few day passes to use. The question is if the PAP will be going up in January. I had planned on a January trip as well and hope the substancial DVC discount is still available. Any thoughts?

In the past, AP and PAP prices increased near the begining of December. I haven't heard of any announcements yet this year. I used to always be able to check that at the Disney Store, but no longer.

You can always buy vouchers now and use them next year. The year doesn't start until you take the vouchers to a park or guest relations window and exchange them for the actual passes.

Is there an announcement in advance of a price increase, or does the price just go up with no notice?

gppnj said:
Is there an announcement in advance of a price increase, or does the price just go up with no notice?

I wouldn't count on much advance notice. In the past, word seemed to filter down from CMs at The Disney Store. They would get notice of price increases a couple days ahead of time.

The last AP price increase occurred on 1/2/05 when the Magic Your Way tickets debuted. I'll be pretty surprised if prices don't go up again in the December / January timeframe.

Yes, the traditional price increase date has always been December. That is why we got our AP vouchers now so we would already have them in case the price increased before January. I have even considered buying another set instead of renewing in 2007.

DebbieB said:
You can always buy vouchers now and use them next year. The year doesn't start until you take the vouchers to a park or guest relations window and exchange them for the actual passes.

Renewals start on the date the old one expires.

The way the DVC discount is setup, there is only about a $15 or $20 discount for renewals. Unless you are going to be there right after your renewal date, it might be worth it to just buy a new one on your next trip.

DebbieB said:
The way the DVC discount is setup, there is only about a $15 or $20 discount for renewals. Unless you are going to be there right after your renewal date, it might be worth it to just buy a new one on your next trip.

You are correct, the difference between the initial DVC discounted PAP and the DVC Discounted PAP renewal is $21.30. The difference between the Regular PAP renewal and the DVC discounted PAP renewal is $101.19.

dianeschlicht said:
Yes, the traditional price increase date has always been December. That is why we got our AP vouchers now so we would already have them in case the price increased before January. I have even considered buying another set instead of renewing in 2007.

Diane - Do the vouchers have expiration dates?

I seem to remember back in 2002 that they increased AP prices in September.

I can't find it on the Disney site. What is the non discounted price for pap ap renewal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter