Priceline Express Deals

I am in a pickle - booked a resort package for All Star Movies 02/28 - 03/04, made FP bookings and also made a transparent booking at Coronado springs for the same dates in Priceline in the meantime. Would Disney Customer Service let me cancel the resort part of the package and plug in my Priceline resort booking and let me keep the tickets and FP linked to the package?
Yes. Sort of. Technically, you will be cancelling the package, and rebuying stand-alone tickets. Start by plugging in the booking for Coronado, so you know that's in MDE (sometimes there's a lag with 3rd party bookings, and you don't want your onsite status to lapse). Since you are more than a month from the start of your trip, you can cancel the package for a full refund. One option is to purchase the new tickets you want, link them to your party in MDE, and then cancel the package. Since you would have both valid tickets and a qualifying on-site stay, your FP would be unaffected.

If you don't want to purchase new tickets before you have the refund in hand from the old package, call Disney. In theory, I think you would have 24 hours from cancelling your tickets before Disney cancelled your FP (the same as if you cancelled a qualifying resort stay - you get an email saying your FP are in danger of being cancelled unless you take action). So that would be enough time to purchase new tickets. But if you want to play it safe, do it over the phone so you know the transactions are happening at the same time.

Will you have a car? Asking because that makes a split AKL/offsite stay fairly simple. I’ll be there the week before, but will try to give u some ideas later tonight. I seem to remember MarBee is going that week, so she may have advice. Spring Break is challenging, but if you treat it like a puzzle, and you’re flexible, it can be fun!
We won’t have a car. I am finding the swan for the middle two nights so we me end up doing grand destino, swan, then akl or akl, swan, akl. I just keep telling myself it will be like 3 vacations in one lol . Thanks so much for all of your help!

POR is showing for $222 on HW
Are you okay with offsite? There are some great hotels in the area.
Yes, we’ve done offsite before... just prefer inside of course! Lol nothing like being in the Disney bubble!!
I didn’t see POR for that price! I’ll check again, thank you!
But I will keep looking until last minute!

We won’t have a car. I am finding the swan for the middle two nights so we me end up doing grand destino, swan, then akl or akl, swan, akl. I just keep telling myself it will be like 3 vacations in one lol . Thanks so much for all of your help!
Disney’s luggage transfer service includes the Swan, so that’s one thing that can ease the moves

That’s great to know! I tried to find info on a luggage service and couldn’t find anything. I’ll have to look at that-thank you!
Disney will transfer your luggage between any of their resorts, including the Swan/Dolphin. No other non-Disney hotels are included in the service at this time.

Last trip, we just left our bags with bell services at Pop, went to the park, and our bags were waiting for us when we checked into the Swan that afternoon.

Yes. Sort of. Technically, you will be cancelling the package, and rebuying stand-alone tickets. Start by plugging in the booking for Coronado, so you know that's in MDE (sometimes there's a lag with 3rd party bookings, and you don't want your onsite status to lapse). Since you are more than a month from the start of your trip, you can cancel the package for a full refund. One option is to purchase the new tickets you want, link them to your party in MDE, and then cancel the package. Since you would have both valid tickets and a qualifying on-site stay, your FP would be unaffected.

If you don't want to purchase new tickets before you have the refund in hand from the old package, call Disney. In theory, I think you would have 24 hours from cancelling your tickets before Disney cancelled your FP (the same as if you cancelled a qualifying resort stay - you get an email saying your FP are in danger of being cancelled unless you take action). So that would be enough time to purchase new tickets. But if you want to play it safe, do it over the phone so you know the transactions are happening at the same time.

Thank you for your detailed reply. I think I will purchase the tickets, link them to MDE and then cancel the ASM package. I just realized that I should call Disney wholesale to add my kid to the Priceline booking and then add it to MDE. I booked the package thinking if I may have to cancel my trip, I can just cancel the package and not worry about losing the ticket money but it is time to decide! Wondering whether we would be given a room in the old Coronado resort or Grand destino for a 2 Queen, Standard View. I paid $210 per night, incl tax

I booked the package thinking if I may have to cancel my trip, I can just cancel the package and not worry about losing the ticket money but it is time to decide!

Just so you know, if you buy stand-alone tickets, and cancel the trip, you can apply the value of the tickets to new tickets at a later date (assuming they were not used at all).

I had a vacation all planned out for this past November, but two weeks before I was set to leave, my mother became very ill. I ended up canceling the hotel for a full refund (since room-only reservations only need to be canceled a week in advance).

Today, I called Disney and bought tickets for a rescheduled trip for May. I only had to pay the difference in ticket prices (less than $5 in my case). The only caveat is that if you go at a time that is less expensive, Disney won’t refund the difference.

Can anyone help me out with this? Aug 19-27, Hotwire, Bonnet Creek, 3 stars, $99 USD per night (62% off), 1.3 m from AK, 2.8 m from Epcot, 1.4 m from HS.

I used a site which revealed it as the Riviera, but that seems too good to be true... definitely feels like an all-star or something to me!

Can anyone help me out with this? Aug 19-27, Hotwire, Bonnet Creek, 3 stars, $99 USD per night (62% off), 1.3 m from AK, 2.8 m from Epcot, 1.4 m from HS.

I used a site which revealed it as the Riviera, but that seems too good to be true... definitely feels like an all-star or something to me!
I think 🤔 it may be All Star Mus because its 3 stars, 4.0/5 Very Good, and is 1.3 miles from AK. All Star Mov is the other 3 star, 4.0/5 but is 1.6 miles from AK.

I'm trying to determine what room this HWHR deal is. I know you guys are more experienced than me. So here it is:
9-27 to 10-2. Bonnet Creek. Says its 69% off. Original price $368. Going for $113 a night.
Based on landmarks and rating, I think its Allstar Music. That high price makes me think its a family suite but bed type says 2 double. That price seems high for a standard room. Any ideas?

Just so you know, if you buy stand-alone tickets, and cancel the trip, you can apply the value of the tickets to new tickets at a later date (assuming they were not used at all).

I had a vacation all planned out for this past November, but two weeks before I was set to leave, my mother became very ill. I ended up canceling the hotel for a full refund (since room-only reservations only need to be canceled a week in advance).

Today, I called Disney and bought tickets for a rescheduled trip for May. I only had to pay the difference in ticket prices (less than $5 in my case). The only caveat is that if you go at a time that is less expensive, Disney won’t refund the difference.
That's a very useful tip. Thank you very much for explaining how it all works. I think I will take the Coronado route then!

I'm trying to determine what room this HWHR deal is. I know you guys are more experienced than me. So here it is:
9-27 to 10-2. Bonnet Creek. Says its 69% off. Original price $368. Going for $113 a night.
Based on landmarks and rating, I think its Allstar Music. That high price makes me think its a family suite but bed type says 2 double. That price seems high for a standard room. Any ideas?

They very often display the "original price" as whatever the price of the most expensive room onsite is - it doesn't mean you're getting the room that IS the highest price. It's a little deceptive but technically not wrong because they're referring to a list price for the hotel in general not a specific room.

I think its either All Star Spo or POP as its 3 stars and rated 4.1/5 Very Good. All Star Mus is 4.0/5, as well as All Star Mov. I'm leaning towards Sports because in the HW app it only shows two reviews (that aren't very detailed).

There is another 3 star, 4.1/5 for $129 that I think is POP because the reviews in the app note that the rooms were updated to include a Murphy bed. There's also another review about linking the res to MDE (So at least you know it almost certainly has to be a Dis property.) :earboy2:

For room type, I don't think anyone has a way to determine if you'll be getting a standard, pool view, suite, etc. So sorry I'm not much help there.

I think its either All Star Spo or POP as its 3 stars and rated 4.1/5 Very Good. All Star Mus is 4.0/5, as well as All Star Mov. I'm leaning towards Sports because in the HW app it only shows two reviews (that aren't very detailed).

There is another 3 star, 4.1/5 for $129 that I think is POP because the reviews in the app note that the rooms were updated to include a Murphy bed. There's also another review about linking the res to MDE (So at least you know it almost certainly has to be a Dis property.) :earboy2:

For room type, I don't think anyone has a way to determine if you'll be getting a standard, pool view, suite, etc. So sorry I'm not much help there.

I didn't know you could access the reviews. Is that only on the app? I can't find a way through the website.

I didn't know you could access the reviews. Is that only on the app? I can't find a way through the website.
Yes! Only through the app and only a select number of reviews are shown (some resorts show 0 reviews). I stumbled across the reviews earlier this week and thought they were helpful. Sometimes they don’t show the entire review (& this is probably because they included the name of the hotel in the review and it’s give it away.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter