Priceline Express Deals

Probably time to think of workarounds to this new policy. For those who book HW/PL deals within 30 days, there will be no FP+ impact. DME is potentially concerning. Has anyone had recent experience filling out the online DME form? I assume you can only enter names for the number of folks in the reservation?
Filled the form out today, included my two children on the form. But I’ve read elsewhere on this forum (transportation board, maybe?) that to use DME, the name must be on the reservation.

On my second call to WDW yesterday and again this morning, I mentioned DME being the reason for needing them added to the reservation. One CM said to call DME and the other said to add the kids at the resort for the return trip to MCO ... but neither would budge on adding them today :/

I’m betting Hotwire doesn’t want to add the kids because it knows they could’ve collected additional money on the reservations. The fact they are offering to cancel it is nice considering their policies.

I’m betting Hotwire doesn’t want to add the kids because it knows they could’ve collected additional money on the reservations. The fact they are offering to cancel it is nice considering their policies.
Maybe? I’ve had no trouble getting them (Expedia) to add children in the past. That they won’t add kids the same week as a Disney policy change makes me skeptical.

Using HW/PL is a risk - it’s not for the faint of heart - but I knew that going in. 🙃

Probably time to think of workarounds to this new policy. For those who book HW/PL deals within 30 days, there will be no FP+ impact. DME is potentially concerning. Has anyone had recent experience filling out the online DME form? I assume you can only enter names for the number of folks in the reservation?
Do you think this will also be the issue with Priceline to add on kids as well? Or does the new policy solely concern HW?

-
Do you think this will also be the issue with Priceline to add on kids as well? Or does the new policy solely concern HW?

Sounds like so far there have only been reports of HW having issues???

I've also been wondering if it's just HW or is it PL too?
Also wondering if there is only a lack of reports for PLE since they haven't had much Disney inventory lately (far as I can tell?)

Hopefully, this gets sorted out soon for everyone!!

... I’m going to say that it’s probably all 3rd party bookings. I can’t imagine that Disney Travel is singling out Hotwire. I guess it could be as narrow as only Expedia owned companies, which would include HW, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Cheaptickets .... but I don’t know anything about that for sure.

I spoke to Disney Wholesale again today. With each phone call, I'm getting more pieces to this puzzle :upsidedow
Here's what I've learned today:
  • This is not a new policy (requiring 3rd parties to make any changes to a reservation), but they only recently began strictly enforcing it.

• Expedia is aware they have to make the call/send an email to Disney to do this ... but it may take some insistence to get that accomplished.

• I did not ask if this is specific only to Hotwire, but I feel confident saying that at a minimum it's all of the websites under Expedia. I don't know if that includes Priceline, but I would assume that it does and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.
The takeaway (for me) is that Expedia (HW) knows they have to send this email to Disney and they will do it, with pushing.

So needless to say, I did NOT get my teens added to my reservation. LOL

I spoke to Disney Wholesale again today. With each phone call, I'm getting more pieces to this puzzle :upsidedow
Here's what I've learned today:
  • This is not a new policy (requiring 3rd parties to make any changes to a reservation), but they only recently began strictly enforcing it.

• Expedia is aware they have to make the call/send an email to Disney to do this ... but it may take some insistence to get that accomplished.

• I did not ask if this is specific only to Hotwire, but I feel confident saying that at a minimum it's all of the websites under Expedia. I don't know if that includes Priceline, but I would assume that it does and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.
The takeaway (for me) is that Expedia (HW) knows they have to send this email to Disney and they will do it, with pushing.

So needless to say, I did NOT get my teens added to my reservation. LOL
Thank you for sharing what you've learned!

(Gosh, hard to believe it was only recently I added DD to a reservation and it was so easy peasy. Had no idea this was a policy. I hope PL and not sure about other sites allow people to everyone to a reservation. With PLE, I've tried to put our usual 3 adults, 1 child and it kicks me back to 2 adults.)

Thank you for sharing what you've learned!

(Gosh, hard to believe it was only recently I added DD to a reservation and it was so easy peasy. Had no idea this was a policy. I hope PL and not sure about other sites allow people to everyone to a reservation. With PLE, I've tried to put our usual 3 adults, 1 child and it kicks me back to 2 adults.)

I've made various modifications to 3rd party reservations in the past with no trouble - so it's doubly frustrating to know how easy it can be & that I just happened to book at the same time Disney decided to buckle down on their policy.

I don't look forward to contacting HW again. It stresses me out every time they threaten to cancel my reservation. LOL

Are you sure HW is really charging more to add kids? I was just looking and when I added two children, the price didn't change. I found AOA Cars Suites for 5/1-5/4 and whether I added two children under 12 or 3 adults and 1 child, the price was always the same. So maybe the solution is to add them when you create reservation. I know the last time once the placeholders were there, when I went to link the reservation in MDE, it let me match the placeholders to people in my friends/family list.

Can anyone tell me what this one is?

Attachments

• 5ECAC75E-F16C-4E84-B39E-1C39CA408B57.png
    5ECAC75E-F16C-4E84-B39E-1C39CA408B57.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 61
Are you sure HW is really charging more to add kids? I was just looking and when I added two children, the price didn't change. I found AOA Cars Suites for 5/1-5/4 and whether I added two children under 12 or 3 adults and 1 child, the price was always the same. So maybe the solution is to add them when you create reservation. I know the last time once the placeholders were there, when I went to link the reservation in MDE, it let me match the placeholders to people in my friends/family list.

my POFQ reservation went up $150 when I added my 2 kids.

It's got to be Coronado because I'm getting the you've booked here before too, and that's the only 3.5 star I've stayed at.
I was thrown off because I’ve booked Coronado before, and I did not get that hint. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter