• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Does Priceline have an upcharge if you are booking a one night express deal? I am kicking around booking a night at the swan before checking into CSR and was checking priceline for prices. One night is listed at $227, with multiple resort fees ($30, $58 or $86??). When I go to book, the taxes are $28. When I check the express deal, the room is $184, but the taxes are $47??
Every PE deal has a fee built in and they bundle it into the taxes and fees part of the booking.
(The mandatory/resort fee should be a separate line item, but they have been known to leave them off completely, so just be aware if you are booking a resort that normally has a fee and there isn't one on the PE deal, you will still need to pay it on site.)

Wow. You are awesome!

Just to expand on this a little more, the hot deal I was referring to is in fact for a 3.5* 3.7-guest resort, which lines up perfectly as Wyndham Garden LBV. The deal $48/night, down from $76, which is pretty much the regular price on other sites. Like I said before, when they say "your hot rate is guaranteed to be 1 of these 2" on the app, one option is ALWAYS Wyndham Garden no matter how many times I refresh the choices.

So question...if they're fudging the resort fee by listing it as $36 when the normal fee I see everywhere else is $24, which am I paying at check-in? With the $36 fee, I'm ultimately only saving $60 on my trip, but with the normal fee the savings jumps to $107.

I'm not sure why they would fudge the resort fee, but you'd pay what the actual resort fee is at the hotel (Hotwire/Priceline etc have nothing to do with those charges). If you don't already have a rewards membership with Wyndham, set one up and mention it at check in - when we were there last year having the blue membership knocked $10 off the resort fee per night.

I'm not sure why they would fudge the resort fee, but you'd pay what the actual resort fee is at the hotel (Hotwire/Priceline etc have nothing to do with those charges). If you don't already have a rewards membership with Wyndham, set one up and mention it at check in - when we were there last year having the blue membership knocked $10 off the resort fee per night.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely sign up for that. It's assumed they might be incorrectly listing the resort fee as a way to throw people off the scent of what the actual hotel is since it's a hidden deal. Other than that, every other metric lines up for it being Wyndham.

So question...if they're fudging the resort fee by listing it as $36 when the normal fee I see everywhere else is $24, which am I paying at check-in? With the $36 fee, I'm ultimately only saving $60 on my trip, but with the normal fee the savings jumps to $107.
Sorry, I haven't heard any reports on what happens when there is a discrepancy between hidden deal fee and the actual resort fee. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

But, without any other info, I'd assume I'm getting hit with the higher of the two amounts. Not sure I'd personally want to put the effort in to to fight the charge on site, but I suppose that's a possibility. Also not sure what Hotwire's Terms of Service says about that. (I know Priceline's TOS says even if their deal fails to show a resort fee, you are still liable to pay it.)

FWIW: I also see Wyndham Garden in DS on a bunch of Priceline Express deals in October, here's one for $53 on 10/21.
It is the only 3.5* 6-rated resort in DS.

On those deals the resort fee is the expected $24. In my matcher sheets I list all of the various fudged resort fees I've seen over time - this one has several, but I always put the most recent first in line. I don't think I've see the other fee amounts or a NONE in a long time - I don't record that many deals on this resort since I'm usually helping people ID Disney resorts. :)

Finally, It looks like there are some Priceline codes at RetailmeNot right now you can apply to bookings of 2 days or more that'll get you an additional 7% or a flat rate off depending on booking. You have click through the RetailMeNot site for those codes to work...

Does anyone happen to see any express deals on Priceline for a Walt Disney resort for Nov 12-14? We are trying to decide if we want to do a very quick trip as flights are low from Texas those days.
Thanks!

Does anyone happen to see any express deals on Priceline for a Walt Disney resort for Nov 12-14? We are trying to decide if we want to do a very quick trip as flights are low from Texas those days.
Thanks!
Only thing out there on Priceline Express in November right now is the Dolphin for varying prices. Here is the Dolphin for $130 per night for those exact dates. (Price is before parking and resort fee.)
Nothing on Hotwire in November.

Thanks!
Wait till October 12th or so.. once I waited for the 30 day mark they were much easier to find.... then just look for your first day sometimes they dont show when you are looking for the whole trip.
I was so excited to get a flight so cheap out of DFW .. the first time it is cheaper to fly

I'm seeing the Swan with resort view for $169 for my dates in December. What do you guys think? Good enough deal to book now?
I’d personally wait. Although December is historically a more expensive time, I’m thinking prices may actually drop with less people traveling this year. I’m no expert though. Just my two cents.

Priceline is sending out 15 percent off coupons today. I just got mine. Need to book by Saturday. Be on the lookout if your going to book shortly.

Does anyone know how resort fees are charged through Priceline? I know it says "due at hotel" but the total to be charged to my card includes the fee. Does it all get charged at once when I book?

Does anyone know how resort fees are charged through Priceline? I know it says "due at hotel" but the total to be charged to my card includes the fee. Does it all get charged at once when I book?
I believe if you pay them on the Priceline site, you're all set, they shouldn't hit you twice for that fee. (I'd screen shot the charges and keep the receipt handy in my email just in case.)

But be aware there are times with hidden Express deals where they fail to show/charge the mandatory fee. If that happens, the last time I checked the Priceline Terms of Service they say you will need to pay them on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter