Priceline Express Deals

You seem confused. You can't book an express deal for a specific resort.
PL states:
Express Deals are an exclusive collection of hotels offering the biggest discounts. In exchange for these low prices, we agree to reveal the hotel name only after you book.

You obviously have a VERY strong preference for Jambo. You should not have used PL Express. I suspect most, probably all but you,are very happy getting either. There really isn't any reason for PL to get back to you. I'd leave it alone. Would you be happy if PL sent you an email stating they made a one time exception and refunded your money? suggesting you refrain from using PL Express in the future.

You're missing the point of PL Express. Low rate in exchange for not knowing in advance the actual hotel. A customer who isn't willing to even accept sister resorts has no business using an opaque booking site.
Actually, I do think she needs to push it.
The point you are missing is that priceline told her she had Jambo house.
Now they are giving her a different resort.
It sets a bad precedent to let them give her a different resort than the one she was showed after booking.

Fortunately, I am not confused in any way.

I researched and received exactly what I wanted from PL, a reservation at Jambo House. To repeat for others who found my post confusing, my PL reservation is Jambo. Disney messed up and put me in Kidani.

PL is like a giant travel agent working on the traveler's behalf with Disney. If PL does not
I'm eager to learn. I don't know everything. Please educate me. How can I tell the difference between Jambo and Kidani? What is listed differently in the amenities?
Canary is only a tool

I'm eager to learn. I don't know everything. Please educate me. How can I tell the difference between Jambo and Kidani? What is listed differently in the amenities?
Canary is only a tool
I think what you’re missing here is that AFTER she pulled the trigger and booked, Priceline sent her an email with her confirmation at Jambo House. Had Priceline sent her an email that confirmed she was at Kidani, she would have no issue after it posted at Kidani in MDE.
This is not a matter of thinking she got one hotel through opaque booking and got a different one. This is a matter of her reservation stating one hotel and MDE stating a different one.
I hope this clears that up for you.

I've never booked through Priceline, but I'm thinking about snagging that $170 AK room in September. I've noticed that PL doesn't ask how many people are staying in the room. Do we just call Disney after the fact to let them know how many people there will be?

Fortunately, I am not confused in any way.

I researched and received exactly what I wanted from PL, a reservation at Jambo House. To repeat for others who found my post confusing, my PL reservation is Jambo. Disney messed up and put me in Kidani.

PL is like a giant travel agent working on the traveler's behalf with Disney. If PL does not put the reservation in properly with Disney, it is up to PL to fix it since we as individuals can't manage the reservation. After hours of work with PL, last night one of their people was able to get Disney wholesale to honor the reservation as is. I am now confirmed in MDE and my reservation with PL matches what I'm seeing in MDE. No confusion there, just getting confirmation from the partner hotel.

I think the OP didn't read thoroughly, because I understood your situation completely. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice other than following the chain of demand as best you can. Good luck with it!

I found excellent flights out there, leaving Friday night coming back Sunday night, for $128 round trip, so figured I'd take advantage. Don't even have to take any vacation for it.

This makes it even better! Have an awesome time! Don't forget to bring me back something :laughing:

I've never booked through Priceline, but I'm thinking about snagging that $170 AK room in September. I've noticed that PL doesn't ask how many people are staying in the room. Do we just call Disney after the fact to let them know how many people there will be?

Yes, easily added after purchase.

And if you're adding adults, you can pay the difference through Disney?

When adding additional guests do we call Disney Wholesale # (407) 939-7671 - is this correct?

One last question about adding guests, how much does it cost to add 2 adults? This would be a WDW PL deal. Thank you!

Is it just me or is there nothing available on PL for Saturday May 4th? I'm looking to add 1 day to my trip. Thanks

is this AKL? I am fairly sure it is but want to make sure. July 1st to July 4. 4.5 stars. doesn't list a resort fee and taxes and fees add up to around 109 (around 17.1%). room rate 175 a night so grand total is 634.59. there was a pop up that said someone had just booked for 344 a night. on the page where all the hotels are listed it says it is 24% off from 230. I also don't see AKL listed at all on the page. I don't think any WDW resorts are listed transparently for those dates.
Amenities
Free Internet Access
Swimming Pool
Airport Shuttle
Fitness Center
Restaurant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter