• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Laurajelwell, it looks like an expensive time. I can see Coronado for $194 on Hotwire. It’s 3.5 star, 4.1 rating.

I noticed that hot wire will only let me add a child if they are under 11? Why is that

Hey all I'm new here! Not new to Disney though. We're going on a quick weekend getaway April 23-26th just the hub and I. Usually we book with my TA but she can't find anything good for AP through Disney. Lots booked up and the stuff available is higher pricing than we had last year at spring break. When should I start really keeping an eye on the PL and HW deals? Or is it too late at this point. Only thing I see is Coronado for 199 on Priceline.
I have been searching for the 22-26 for months and nothing much has become available. I missed AOA lm room for $139 when I went to look for a code, but was gone when I got back! Haha! Hope you have better luck!!

I noticed that hot wire will only let me add a child if they are under 11? Why is that
There are hotels that don't consider under 18 children...a lot cut off at 12. The old Sheratons were that way, I've been told, which is why the Marriott site STILL has the bug that was introduced after the merger that adds on extra person fees for children 12 and older for US hotels.

Debating on pulling the trigger on a PLE Swan deal. ($186/night before fees). How much of a pain is it going to be for me to add my 2 children? Will there be an extra fee?

Debating on pulling the trigger on a PLE Swan deal. ($186/night before fees). How much of a pain is it going to be for me to add my 2 children? Will there be an extra fee?
We stayed at the Swan through PL and I didn't bother adding my kids. We were guaranteed a room with 2 queen beds so I just didn't bother.

We stayed at the Swan through PL and I didn't bother adding my kids. We were guaranteed a room with 2 queen beds so I just didn't bother.
I guess it wouldn’t matter for anything right? We are already within 30 days and have fast passes, so we are set I guess.

I guess it wouldn’t matter for anything right? We are already within 30 days and have fast passes, so we are set I guess.
EMH is the only thing I can think of and you could probably have the kids added on at the resort for that (or just display one room key for the total party).

Add them when you get to the hotel. You want them to be linked in MDE if you're planning to do EMH because their magic bands will be scanned.

Though, I have heard of people using their room keys for EMH, so that's an option, too.

If you click to book it, does it have a resort fee? Or any other taxes/fees besides the usual? Airport shuttle?

My initial guess (and it’s just a guess- I’m not very good at this) was the Wyndham Orlando Bonnet Creek. But maybe the Wyndham is only 4* (not 4.5*) on Priceline. Looks like a good price for a 4.5*!

If you click to book it, does it have a resort fee? Or any other taxes/fees besides the usual? Airport shuttle?

My initial guess (and it’s just a guess- I’m not very good at this) was the Wyndham Orlando Bonnet Creek. But maybe the Wyndham is only 4* (not 4.5*) on Priceline. Looks like a good price for a 4.5*!

Pretty sure it’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. There were not any resort fees and it says there is an airport shuttle.

EDIT: Actually I think it’s the Swan. AKL is rated 4*

Attachments

• 873001F6-3B11-4F68-A8E1-9D4EF5C92318.jpeg
    873001F6-3B11-4F68-A8E1-9D4EF5C92318.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 10
Pretty sure it’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. There were not any resort fees and it says there is an airport shuttle.

EDIT: Actually I think it’s the Swan. AKL is rated 4*

I just saw your edit- AKL is a 4* unless it’s changed.
I think the Swan is a great guess- but here are the amenities at the Swan:
(and I think the Swan does show a resort fee on PL, but not sure).

Attachments

• 19F9162A-A716-4585-8436-01038CB90FB1.jpeg
    19F9162A-A716-4585-8436-01038CB90FB1.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 8
Didn't Priceline remove the Airport Shuttle as an amenity for Disney hotels for PLE?
(Seems they like to mess with us! lol)

What are your dates? I’ve stayed at the Swan so I’ll get the hint clue

There are hotels that don't consider under 18 children...a lot cut off at 12. The old Sheratons were that way, I've been told, which is why the Marriott site STILL has the bug that was introduced after the merger that adds on extra person fees for children 12 and older for US hotels.
I am staying at the Dolphin (Marriott) next month. I called to add my 14 year old twins to our reservations and they did it for free. I told them my wife made a mistake when booking (she actually only booked the room for one person). I called a few months prior, though, and said I needed to add my kids--that's when they wanted to charge us a different rate. Strange, but we are linked on MDX so it's all good!

When I search on HW I just put down 4 adults (My wife, myself, and the 14 yo twins) and I get the exact same results as when I search 2 adults and 2 children.

When are your going? I've seen the Dolphin for $200/night in April. If you can get that, it might save you a huge headache.

There has been a lot of trouble with PLE. They only book for 2 people. However, you are talking Swan and not Disney so you might not encounter the issues many have had here in trying to add their children to a Disney resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter