• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Just want to give everyone a heads up. I was originally traveling with a friend attending a work conference 03/23 - 03/27. 800 people total were booked at YC/BC and I believe BW. When they booked, attendees were offered the option to stay additional nights at the corporate rate.

The conference was canceled and they're letting people who booked extra nights decide whether to keep them. The deadline to decide is tomorrow, and they're already releasing some of the rooms that are definitely canceled. I could have kept our room at BC, but even though the conference rate is awesome, it's still out of my price range. That's why I ended up booking POFQ through Hotwire for $110/night.

Be on the lookout the next few days for a bunch of rooms becoming available. It will be interesting to see if they show up direct through Disney, through HW/PE, or both.

The Swan is finally coming up for me in HW as a Hot Deal for my dates (4/19-4/22). I'd really love to be over by Epcot since the whole purpose of our trip is to take advantage of Flower and Garden. Right now I'm at CSR with an AP discount paying $165/night. The Swan is $215/night plus resort fee. Think it'll go any lower or do you think this is the best I'm going to find? Today is the first day I've ever seen it on PL or HW for my dates.

Unfortunately it's not. It was a coupon from betterbidding.com - they have different coupons at different times, so keep checking. They have two Priceline coupons now - 5% off 3* and above for 2 nights or more or $20 off $100 - 2 nights or more.

I ended up with two concurrent reservations for POFQ purchased at two different times - one with a coupon and one without. Now I'll be there 03/27 - 04/02.

I just need to figure out if there's a way to combine the reservations, or if I can just ask them if I can stay in the same room...
Fax the resort - the room assigned should hopefully be able to work that out.

So .... here’s a question ... has anyone seen anything on HW about allowing cancellation for coronavirus?

Our trip isn’t for a few weeks yet, and I am hopeful we’ll have a lot more information by then, since things seem to be changing hourly.

Just curious if anyone has seen/heard any chatter already.

So .... here’s a question ... has anyone seen anything on HW about allowing cancellation for coronavirus?

Our trip isn’t for a few weeks yet, and I am hopeful we’ll have a lot more information by then, since things seem to be changing hourly.

Haven't heard much, this is about the closest I've seen and specifically states PL and HW prepaid car bookings aren't refundable. As for hotels -
https://www.forbes.com/sites/christ...my-vacation-coronavirus-edition/#73037a3c1b19"Hotels. If you booked a refundable rate, you can get your money back. If you bought a less expensive "prepaid" rate, you may not get your money back unless the hotel closes."

Hope everything works out with your trip!

I would venture a guess that they have force majeure clauses in the contracts, I know airlines do. Basically, these clauses say that if it's circumstances beyond their control they don't have to issue a refund. Most major companies have these, so these HW and PL deals are probably pretty iron-clad nonrefundable.

To be clear, I assume that it’s going to be non-refundable ... part of the high risk/high reward part of using HW & PL. But, I traveled during hurricane Matthew and while I didn’t cancel our room, I remember that there were banners all over the site about policy changes. I didn’t read them 😂😂😂

Coronavirus is something we (the global we) haven’t dealt with, and I’m very interested to see how this all unfolds.

I’m also hopeful that all is well, I can change my flight to add a night and score a great last minute room deal ;)

Would someone be kind enough to help? This is the first time I have ever looked at Hotwire and I think I may have found the Grand Floridian. My finger is getting twitchy Lol and I would like to book, but I would be deviated to end up off site:

July 10-19
Walt Disney World-Bonnet Creek
4.5 Star
$396
Fitness Center
Golf Nearby
Pool(s)
Resort
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa service

The little map shows .7 miles to the Magic Kingdom.

Is this the GF?

Thanks!!!

I work at a major chain hotel in CO and we already have had 11 cancellations for March because of the virus. We are allowing people to cancel with no penalty, if PL or any other 3rd party booking site calls us we will authorize the cancellation.

Cruiselines are allowing cancellations (credit for future cruise) up to 48hrs before sail away - and they have the MOST restrictive cancellation policies in the travel industry.

Not saying that this is what the PLE hotels will do, but I do not see Disney or even Marriott not allowing some sort of cancellation or rebooking for prepaid no cancel reses.

Would someone be kind enough to help? This is the first time I have ever looked at Hotwire and I think I may have found the Grand Floridian. My finger is getting twitchy Lol and I would like to book, but I would be deviated to end up off site:

July 10-19
Walt Disney World-Bonnet Creek
4.5 Star
$396
Fitness Center
Golf Nearby
Pool(s)
Resort
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa service

The little map shows .7 miles to the Magic Kingdom.

Is this the GF?

Thanks!!!

Yeah it is. The only other 4.5 star is AKL Jambo House. I've seen GF on Hotwire for late August in to September for a few weeks now.

Can anyone tell me what this one is?
View attachment 480274
This screen capture doesn't show review count, but when I search in app the result on the map page says 600 reviews - if this is the same deal (think it is) then is Hilton Orlando BC.
This is a fine example of PL leaving the resort fees off of the booking page- but you would still be liable to pay them. Right now resort fees are $40 per day.

This screen capture doesn't show review count, but when I search in app the result on the map page says 600 reviews - if this is the same deal (think it is) then is Hilton Orlando BC.
This is a fine example of PL leaving the resort fees off of the booking page- but you would still be liable to pay them. Right now resort fees are $40 per day.
Uuuuugh! Toying with my emotions here PLE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter