• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

I am looking at September 22-26. I see Coronado Springs for $165 hot deal, but there is a $79 hot deal that does not match to any of the values, but I keep seeing people saying they are finding Movies for $80. Anyone who’s better at this than me take a guess at what the $79 hot deal is Sept 22-26?

I finally figured out how to use the resort matcher and I believe it is one of the all stars. That’s an amazingly low price.

Has anyone compared rates on the app vs the browser? There seems to be app only deals. I wasn't sure if they were more likely to have Disney hotels or not. I've been comparing both just in case 10/2-10/7 pops up.
App is usually a little cheaper (I usually see a $5 difference) and there are some app-only ones I think (I'm not seeing any difference for September now though but they say "app only"). Good idea to check both.

I am looking at September 22-26. I see Coronado Springs for $165 hot deal, but there is a $79 hot deal that does not match to any of the values, but I keep seeing people saying they are finding Movies for $80. Anyone who’s better at this than me take a guess at what the $79 hot deal is Sept 22-26?

yeah it’s probably movies, I’ve found the rate can vary by a few dollars depending on the day of the week in your date range. Weekends are typically more expensive so that changes the average daily rate. And yes it was cheaper on the app plus I found a $25 off code. 4 nights for $348 total!

I just booked Movies for $80 a night on Priceline (transparent) for two nights in September. For Movies, it said the last room left when I booked it, but I think they're lying lol - still listed and would have let me book again 10 minutes later :).

Originally I had 4 nights at Music at about double the price per night. Think I'm going to do 2 nights somewhere else with the savings (and the additional amt I was willing to kick in) since those will be resort days and a Boo Bash night. So excited

If anyone's looking for September dates, check Priceline for their transparent bookings!

In addition to the $80 Movies rate (refundable within 5 days like Disney), now I'm also seeing (transparent but non-refundable rate) for AKL Savannah View for $276 a night. I don't think I've ever seen that this low?!

If you have to cancel a transparent deal that you got through Priceline, do you call Disney or do you call Priceline to get a refund?

If you have to cancel a transparent deal that you got through Priceline, do you call Disney or do you call Priceline to get a refund?
I've never done it far as I can recall, but there is a "cancel button" at the bottom on my reservation (Priceline website)and here is the text:
"Cancellation policy
Any cancellation received within 5 days prior to arrival date will incur the first night charge. Failure to arrive at your hotel or property will be treated as a No-Show and will incur the first night charge (Property policy)."

(We aren't arriving until well after 10 p.m. so I made sure to do online check-in and put the time in because of what this says.)

I really want to try this- so afraid though it will not be a Disney resort.
How do I see transparent booking?

Hi, I wanted to say Thank you as I have booked a number of Priceline/Hotwire stays from this groups insights!

Looking at 9/3-9/4 stay. On Hotwire I believe I see Coronado at $129 but I not sure about this deal is it AKL?:

New Home Rate: Bonnet Creek
4.6/5
103 Reviews
was $308 reduced $149 52% off
2.3 miles from search

Thanks!

Hi, I wanted to say Thank you as I have booked a number of Priceline/Hotwire stays from this groups insights!

Looking at 9/3-9/4 stay. On Hotwire I believe I see Coronado at $129 but I not sure about this deal is it AKL?:

New Home Rate: Bonnet Creek
4.6/5
103 Reviews
was $308 reduced $149 52% off
2.3 miles from search

Thanks!

I would say no based on the spreadsheet. Based on 4 stars and 4.6/5, it would be JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa. AKL is 4.4/5 with 999 reviews. I've yet to book anything this way...just learned about the spreadsheet, so others feel free to tell me I'm doing this wrong. lol

I really want to try this- so afraid though it will not be a Disney resort.
How do I see transparent booking?
Transparent bookings are the ones where they show you the hotel name. It's the opaque bookings, called Priceline Express on Priceline and Hotwire HotRate on Hotwire, where you have to take an educated guess as to what hotel you'll get (unless you don't care).

To do a search on Priceline, go to Priceline.com, provide a location (Lake Buena Vista, FL works well for Disney) and your travel dates and Click "Find Your Hotel." The search results will include both transparent and Priceline Express hotels. JJTNY's resort matcher is a useful tool for identifying Priceline Express deals; it is linked at several places in this thread, including Post 7335 on page 367.

Doing a Hotwire search is similar. JJTNY has a resort matcher for Hotwire too; its link is also in Post 7335.

If you cannot identify what opaque hotel you're looking at after using the resort matcher, asking for help on this thread is a good place to get help. Providing search dates, area, hotel's star rating, number of reviews, review rating and any other info you have will help others identify what you're looking at.

Edit: Priceline Express deals and Hotwire HotRate deals are non-refundable and have extra fees included in their taxes and fees. Be sure to compare bottom line prices, and if you're not getting a bargain, don't book them. In my opinion they're not worth it unless you're saving at least 20% off the transparent booking price.

Last edited:
I would say no based on the spreadsheet. Based on 4 stars and 4.6/5, it would be JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa. AKL is 4.4/5 with 999 reviews. I've yet to book anything this way...just learned about the spreadsheet, so others feel free to tell me I'm doing this wrong. lol
It looks like you're doing it exactly right. The resort matcher spreadsheet even has the JW Marriott at 103 reviews.

So I have a family of 5. By the sound of things it seems like you’re not guaranteed a room which may sleep 5? Like, most seem 4 at most?

So I have a family of 5. By the sound of things it seems like you’re not guaranteed a room which may sleep 5? Like, most seem 4 at most?
Yes. HW and PL room hidden deals guarantee enough space for 2 adults. With Disney having many more 4 person rooms than 2 person rooms, though, the risk is fairly minimal. When you’re looking for a 5 person room, though, I wouldn’t risk it. The only exception is if one of the kids is under 3, then you can get a 4 person room and a pack n play.

Yes. HW and PL room hidden deals guarantee enough space for 2 adults. With Disney having many more 4 person rooms than 2 person rooms, though, the risk is fairly minimal. When you’re looking for a 5 person room, though, I wouldn’t risk it. The only exception is if one of the kids is under 3, then you can get a 4 person room and a pack n play.
Thank you - I'm not so much worried about the actual space in the room as I am in terms of being able to use the reservation aspect to enable all five of us to get early admission/EMH

Thank you - I'm not so much worried about the actual space in the room as I am in terms of being able to use the reservation aspect to enable all five of us to get early admission/EMH
You could sneak someone in physically, but it wouldn’t work to get the early admission/EMH for them since they wouldn’t be on the reservation.

So we have a room reserved 9/25-9/29 at POP, total price with tax $767.89. I see Movies on Hotwire for those same dates for $389.59 so almost half! So no brainer to switch right? Basically reserved Pop for the Skyliner, but are only doing 2 park days, MK and Epcot. The only caveat is I have gift cards I was going to use to pay the balance of the room. I'm sure those gift cards will eventually be used on something though. What would DISsers do??
This happened to us, I used my giftcards to buy food .. like a prepaid dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter