• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

There have been times when both sites have released things months in advance and all the way to the end of the year in question.
But lately, Hotwire has been rolling things out 4-6 weeks out - although at this point doesn't look like we're going to see anything in October, which isn't surprising with the anniversary.

For the long term, I'd check once in awhile up to 3 months out, then I'd start looking once a week or so and increase to a few times a week by the time you are 2 months out. Also, check here- always people reporting things.

You can also watch for blog posts on Touring Plans blog - when I see things I write them up there! :)

ooh i didnt know that was a thing. Sweet. Ill try to find it on there. Thanks!

Than you! Very helpful!
I've gotten great deals on mods for this weekend - one by booking about two weeks ago and one by booking last night. Thought I could start an FAQ/tips for opaque booking sites since the on-site Disney hotels are now appearing. (Is this allowed?)

If there's interest, and others want to post their wins, I can update the first post with more tips, FAQ and wins.

BE AWARE THAT GETTING A SPECIFIC HOTEL THROUGH AN OPAQUE BOOKING IS NEVER GUARANTEED. Using available clues, you can narrow it down and have a "good bet" at success. However, until you hit the purchase button and get your confirmation with hotel name, there is no way to know for sure. Opaque booking includes inherent risk and if you are risk averse it is best for you to book through traditional routes.

The below is based on my experiences & research, but if others have different experiences I'd love to hear them!

TIPS

Priceline

The on-site hotels will be in the areas "Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek" and "Walt Disney World - Disney Springs." If it is outside these areas, it is (probably?) not an on-site hotel.

The hotel will not have a resort fee. (Resort fees are common in Orlando. You will see it listed as "Hotel fee, $xx.xx (Due at hotel)."

The amenities will typically I nclude "free parking," which is an uncommon amenity in Orlando.

Hotwire

The on-site hotels are in areas "Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek" and "Disney Springs."

The hotel will not have a resort fee. (Resort fees are common in Orlando. After you click on the hotel, you will see a box with a big red button that says "Book Now." If the hotel has a resort fee, there will be small grey print under this box that says, "This hotel charges guests a resort fee of USDxx.xx per room per night."

The dead giveaway amenity is "airport shuttle." Because WDW is so far away from MCO, few hotels in the key zones have airport shuttles. (On-site hotels, of course, have DME.)

Sample hotel sets - Priceline

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Area: Walt Disney World - Disney Springs
3.5*
Listed amenities: Free parking, indoor or outdoor pool, restaurant

(Possible amenities: Free Internet (in room,) Free Parking, Outdoor Pool, Restaurant)

Caribbean Beach Resort
Area: Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek
3*
Listed amenities: Free parking, free internet (in room,) swimming pool

(Possible amenities: Free Internet (in room,) Free Parking, Outdoor Pool, Restaurant)

Just wanted to report something weird I've been seeing the last 2 or so weeks on Priceline. and not sure it's been mentioned here so want to share.

So I'm checking dates mid-September and an AK Savanannah (transparent) keeps popping up for $276 a night (with some variation depending on the exact dates). On the website, it appears it'll let me book that rate. It's non-refundable. I see the same rate on the app but if I click to book it, it jumps to $329(ish - I forget the exact rate) and it's a Standard room.

I can't remember which resort (Yacht?) but the same thing happened where the rate on the app changed when I clicked "book". Usually, the apps seem to show the lower rate but if you're looking, be sure to check the website too for these nonrefundable, transparent deals for WDW resorts.

Side note: the ASMo transparent, refundable $80 rate on PL for mid-September seems to be over. It changed yesterday to $140 for a Standard room.

Is this Dolphin? The Passholder rate right now is only $50 more so not the best deal on Hotwire if it is. Yet. Just wanted to see if I’m thinking about this right! Thanks!

Is this Dolphin? The Passholder rate right now is only $50 more so not the best deal on Hotwire if it is. Yet. Just wanted to see if I’m thinking about this right! Thanks!
Without more info like review count etc hard to say for sure - but the only 3 resorts with this rating are Poly, Dolphin and Signia Hilton Orlando BC. (They just rebranded to add that Signia to the name.)

I would bet it was the Dolphin, just based on the price. Poly super unlikely at that price and HOBC tends to be a little cheaper. The tell would be the mandatory resort fee on the booking page: $39 would be Dolphin, $45 would be HOBC.

Without more info like review count etc hard to say for sure - but the only 3 resorts with this rating are Poly, Dolphin and Signia Hilton Orlando BC. (They just rebranded to add that Signia to the name.)

I would bet it was the Dolphin, just based on the price. Poly super unlikely at that price and HOBC tends to be a little cheaper. The tell would be the mandatory resort fee on the booking page: $39 would be Dolphin, $45 would be HOBC.

View attachment 602151

The screenshot I posted has the $39 resort fee, which made me think it was Dolphin. Unfortunately, the review count wasn't listed on that deal.

The screenshot I posted has the $39 resort fee, which made me think it was Dolphin. Unfortunately, the review count wasn't listed on that deal.
That’s likely the Dolphin or the Swan—the Swan, Dolphin and Swan Reserve all have a $39 resort fee on Priceline. If you go to the next page to select a room, you should see “two queen beds no view” or “two double beds no view,” and you’ll be able to tell which resort it is (Dolphin has doubles and the Swan has queens). I don’t know any other Disney/area resort with “no view” as an option other than the Swan and Dolphin.

That’s likely the Dolphin or the Swan—the Swan, Dolphin and Swan Reserve all have a $39 resort fee on Priceline. If you go to the next page to select a room, you should see “two queen beds no view” or “two double beds no view,” and you’ll be able to tell which resort it is (Dolphin has doubles and the Swan has queens). I don’t know any other Disney/area resort with “no view” as an option other than the Swan and Dolphin.
The double bed type is a good tip-off clue for Dolphin - but, for others new to the game: Swan on HW is a 4.4-guest rated resort, so can't be this deal.

It’s back on HW. Looks like the dolphin based on the $39 resort fee, the 4.3 rating and the other ratings. It doesn’t show the number of guest reviews. It also has double beds when you go to choose a room.

Does anyone ever see the Universal Resort hotels in the opaque deals? Thinking of a split vacation between WDW and Universal.

So we just decided to pull the plug on a trip in about two weeks! But, now movies isn’t showing as a hot rate anymore for our dates! What do we think the chances it pops back up are? I’m kinda freaking out now!

Does anyone ever see the Universal Resort hotels in the opaque deals? Thinking of a split vacation between WDW and Universal.
They do but not nearly as often - and usually the savings is minimal compared to refundable bookings. If you see them, just be sure to compare the all-in hidden deal cost to UOR's own pricing from their site. I typically would want to see something around 20% off to make a non-refundable deal worth it to me to book.

So we just decided to pull the plug on a trip in about two weeks! But, now movies isn’t showing as a hot rate anymore for our dates! What do we think the chances it pops back up are? I’m kinda freaking out now!
I just randomly checked 9/19-9/23 and see Movies out there for $69 (53% off). So, it is still out there - if your specific dates aren't flexible, just keep trying, maybe try clearing your desktop browser and mobile app cache (or even delete/reinstall your app) and that can help.

Last edited:
I just randomly checked 9/19-9/23 and see Movies out there for $69 (53% off). So, it is still out there - if you're specific dates aren't flexible, just keep trying, maybe try clearing your desktop browser and mobile app cache (or even delete/reinstall your app) and that can help.
Cleared everything and waited and just checked again and 17-22 is back for $78! 3 star with 4.3 rating! So still Movies!! Yay! About to pull the plug! Thank you!

Just need 1 night on 9/22 before checking into the Boardwalk for the week, but it’s almost impossible to find. I can book All Stars for multiple nights on Priceline transparent (including the one night I need) for $68, but when I try to edit my date down to that one night, it says nothing available. Guess I’ll just keep checking. I have All Stars Movies booked through Disney for $151, but definitely hoping to save a few dollars.

Just need 1 night on 9/22 before checking into the Boardwalk for the week, but it’s almost impossible to find. I can book All Stars for multiple nights on Priceline transparent (including the one night I need) for $68, but when I try to edit my date down to that one night, it says nothing available.
I've seen a few people report that non-hidden deals aren't showing up on single night searches a lot - and that does happen often on HW's hidden deals too. You have to play around and find the magic start/end dates etc.

I just played around with your date, and the best I could do was get Movies to show for a 2 night booking starting on your date. I even tried using the Draw feature in the app with the single date, which sometimes teases deals out.

I wonder if it might be worth a try calling Hotwire and saying you see the deal for the multi-days and you wonder if they can help you book just the one? I have heard of people calling in for other similar issues and their support people get it done. Can't hurt, anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter