Priceline Express Deals

Were those rates for express deals or regular room rates? I was able to find pop century for next week for $135 plus taxes and fees (works out to be around $155 a night including one weekend night). I also had a reservation on Disney for 3 nights but wasn’t able to add the fourth. My AP rate at Disney was about the same, maybe $10 or so less. Called Disney to see if they could add the fourth night and they could not. Said Priceline has different availability and to grab it there if I could. I booked the room with Priceline, cancelled the Disney reservation and added Priceline confirmation to MDE. Good to go, and very happy to get all 4 days I needed. I am willing to pay slightly more not to have to move rooms.

Were those rates for express deals or regular room rates? I was able to find pop century for next week for $135 plus taxes and fees (works out to be around $155 a night including one weekend night).
There haven't been any Disney resort hidden deals in a few years now so recent low prices reported were regular Priceline.

When I checked myself the last few weeks, I saw those Value deals in the $60s, but they were mostly 1-nighters and hard to string together multiple nights at that lowest price. But, even the slightly higher prices were still a decent discount from Disney's price right now.

I'm seeing my first blind PL bookings tonight for a Disney resort in forever.

Looking at 12/22-23 just one night and I'm getting the "you've stayed here before" hint and the price aligns with Coronado and all else matches up. It's a dollar more than the transparent price though lol

Same thing with All-Star Movies, also a dollar more than the transparent price lol.

Although, hoping this means we might see some deals in the upcoming months or in 2024!

Looking at 12/22-23 just one night and I'm getting the "you've stayed here before" hint and the price aligns with Coronado and all else matches up. It's a dollar more than the transparent price though lol

Same thing with All-Star Movies, also a dollar more than the transparent price lol.

Although, hoping this means we might see some deals in the upcoming months or in 2024!
Just an update to this...
I'm only seeing these on the website, not the app. Today I'm only seeing CSR.

I work at a hotel and had a meeting with our Priceline rep a couple of weeks ago. I had been planning a DLR trip and noticed that some opaque listings were higher than their transparent listings.
I mentioned it to our rep and he said it was a known issue and that they're trying to crack down on it. Hotels caught doing it would be penalized since it violates their contract.

Has anyone gotten a refund from Priceline and how hard was it to do? I'm looking to potentially book a refundable room but have never canceled with them before. Thanks!

How can you best guess which hotel it is. I read Lake Buena Vista, Disney Springs area, Garden Lake. Disney Spings area. Years ago i remember there were ways of "best guessing" which were pretty accurate. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

How can you best guess which hotel it is. I read Lake Buena Vista, Disney Springs area, Garden Lake. Disney Spings area. Years ago i remember there were ways of "best guessing" which were pretty accurate. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

First, AFAIK, still no real Disney resort hidden deals on either PE or HW.
You may see some resorts pop up, but if so the discount won't be enough to cover the hidden deal fee, or even (lately) be HIGHER than a non-hidden deal. So, always compare the all-in price of a hidden deal at the end of the shopping cart to a non-hidden deal for the same room to make sure there is an actual discount or it is enough to risk a non-refundable hidden booking.

On Priceline Express, all Disney resorts are either in Bonnet Creek or Disney Springs areas.
All are 3 stars or above. (in general Values = 3*, Mods = 3.5*, Deluxe = 4*)

On Hotwire, they have all the Disney resorts lumped into Bonnet Creek.

The simplest way to identify a resort on either site is to run a search that shows both hidden and non-hidden deals, limit it to Bonnet Creek (and Disney Springs if needed), then sort by price. If you see an interesting hidden deal, note the stars, guest rating, review count, location - then scroll down the results and look for a non-hidden deal that matches. (There will usually be one, but not always.)

Often the crossed out price on a hidden deal will be within $1 or $2 of the full price on the non-hidden deal to, which helps you find it quickly when sorted by price. Although Priceline has started playing games with those full price numbers, so that tip is not written in stone.

Here's an example of a Priceline hidden deal and the hotel that matched it further down the results page (I cropped them together):
1699305918371.png

You may see some resorts pop up, but if so the discount won't be enough to cover the hidden deal fee, or even (lately) be HIGHER than a non-hidden deal. So, always compare the all-in price of a hidden deal at the end of the shopping cart to a non-hidden deal for the same room to make sure there is an actual discount or it is enough to risk a non-refundable hidden booking.

On Priceline Express, all Disney resorts are either in Bonnet Creek or Disney Springs areas.

The simplest way to identify a resort on either site is to run a search that shows both hidden and non-hidden deals, limit it to Bonnet Creek (and Disney Springs if needed), then sort by price. If you see an interesting hidden deal, note the stars, guest rating, review count, location - then scroll down the results and look for a non-hidden deal that matches. (There will usually be one, but not always.)

Often the crossed out price on a hidden deal will be within $1 or $2 of the full price on the non-hidden deal to, which helps you find it quickly when sorted by price. Although Priceline has started playing games with those full price numbers, so that tip is not written in stone.

Here's an example of a Priceline hidden deal and the hotel that matched it further down the results page (I cropped them together):
View attachment 808202
Thank you!

View attachment 808202
For Hotwire, I prefer to sort by Distance, not Price. Sorting by distance often causes the hidden deal and the non-hidden deal to appear right next to each other or else very close. It doesn't work for the hidden Hot Rate deals that don't show a distance from search, but saves hunting back and forth for the others. The screenshot below was not cropped together by me. They showed up that way.
1699318326698.png

I prefer sorting by distance with HW too. For Priceline, I typically sort by guest rating, most of the time the hidden deal lists directly below the transparent on the website, app I will sort by price.

Has anyone seen any Disney resorts on PL for hidden deals for any date ranges?

Since September when I booked Coronado was the last time I saw two listed - CSR and an All-Stars.
(I’ve been actively searching for Dec 21 - 23). Did see two or three universal hotels though for the week before Christmas for a couple of random days.

I prefer sorting by distance with HW too. For Priceline, I typically sort by guest rating, most of the time the hidden deal lists directly below the transparent on the website, app I will sort by price.

Has anyone seen any Disney resorts on PL for hidden deals for any date ranges?

Since September when I booked Coronado was the last time I saw two listed - CSR and an All-Stars.
(I’ve been actively searching for Dec 21 - 23). Did see two or three universal hotels though for the week before Christmas for a couple of random days.
Which Universal hotel did you see? I’m looking for end of January or beginning of March and was hoping to find one of the “deluxe” hotels.

Which Universal hotel did you see? I’m looking for end of January or beginning of March and was hoping to find one of the “deluxe” hotels.
I saw Adventura and Royal Pacific.

At one point I portofino popped up but very briefly. So brief I’m questioning if I saw it lol

Also a price breakers popped up listing all 3 universal deluxe popped up. For other price breakers , 2 deluxe and sapphire was listed

Edited: also they were mostly 1 night stays, maybe 2 for 3rd week Dec trying diff dates out of curiosity. I started checking late sept and through oct

Reactions: CJK
Decided to go to Universal first weekend in March. I believe it may be one of the busier times so I’m not optimistic on finding a deal, but if anyone happens to see any of the Universal hotels pop up, I’d love to hear about it 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter