Priceline For Disney Resort

Atinsley22

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm trying to find the best deal for my family (2 adults and 2 kids ages 2 and 4). We are going 12/8-12/16 with friends on a BB FD (DDP). The intent originally was to stay at a mod and get FD but now it's looking like the May not be the best deal.

I'm looking at some great deals on onsite resorts on Priceline express so I'm wondering if I'm better off doing that, purchasing tickets through UT and then paying dining out of pocket.

Would I lose the extra magic hours by not having a Disney package? Any other ideas?

Be careful with Priceline. They only guarantee beds for two people. You could end up with only one king sized bed, or being charged extra for increased occupancy. You may want to look at Hotwire instead, where you will be able to specify 2 adults, 2 children. We were able to get a deal through Hotwire at the Dolphin years ago, but it has become more challenging to figure out which hotel is the one with the "deal". Also, even though you say the resorts are "onsite" they are almost certain to not be one of the Disney Resorts. While some nearby hotels do get the benefit of the Extra Magic Hours, most do not. (You don't need a package to get the Extra Magic Hours - you need to stay in a Disney Hotel, or at the Swan, Dolphin, or Shades of Green. - you could purchase your tickets elsewhere and still qualify for EMH.)

Last, watch out for "resort" and "parking" fees. Your resort might charge a daily fee (this is $23 at the Dolphin/Swan) , and you will need to pay a daily fee to park at the Disney resorts if you bring a car ($20 - the Dolphin/Swan says that you get "free parking at the parks!" but they still charge you the $20 to stay on site at their hotel.) So that ends up being $43 extra a night that you may not be anticipating. You will also lose the benefit of the Disney Magical Express if you do not stay on-site.

If you are able to identify a Disney resort for certain, occupancy won't be an issue. That said, the opaque properties available for the dates you list above are *not* onsite resorts... so I echo the above to be aware and be careful.

If you can get a stellar deal, I'd go for it, but my guess is that you're better off going through traditional routes.

Thanks everyone! I already have a reservation at CBR, I was just making sure I got the best deal and wanted to understand thoroughly what I'd be giving up to get a great deal.

I have booked the Priceline Express Deals twice in April and received Caribbean Beach one night and Coronado Springs the other night. We have 4 in out family and have had no problems getting a room with 2 beds both times. It did take a little longer to check in as they had to add everyone's names to the reservation in the back, but overall it was worth the savings for us.

I have booked the Priceline Express Deals twice in April and received Caribbean Beach one night and Coronado Springs the other night. We have 4 in out family and have had no problems getting a room with 2 beds both times. It did take a little longer to check in as they had to add everyone's names to the reservation in the back, but overall it was worth the savings for us.
Wow, that is great! Would you mind sharing what the description was (how did you know that it was an actual Disney resort?)

Are you guaranteed a room if you book through these sites? I know of occasions when folks booked hotel rooms, through discount sites,then did not have a room when they got to the hotel. The hotel was full. I witnessed one myself , it happened to my SIL recently and I know of others. None were at Disney though. Ever since I saw it happen, I'm afraid to book anyway except directly with a hotel.

Are you guaranteed a room if you book through these sites? I know of occasions when folks booked hotel rooms, through discount sites,then did not have a room when they got to the hotel. The hotel was full. I witnessed one myself , it happened to my SIL recently and I know of others. None were at Disney though. Ever since I saw it happen, I'm afraid to book anyway except directly with a hotel.
If you have a reservation, you are guaranteed a room. Hotels, like airlines, sometimes overbook. If that happens, they have to find you a room elsewhere and they have to pay for it.

I have booked through Travelocity many times and have always had a room ready for me. Once I booked the king-sized room by mistake, and Disney said "no problem". The gave me 2 queen beds. The only issue booking this way is that you usually get the room farthest from the food court. When checking in, I kindly ask if there are any rooms closer to the food court. They have always moved me closer. The price savings is significant. I just got CBR for $180. in July and Boardwalk for $300. (2 days each) This is the only way we could experience the higher priced hotels. They usually display these lower prices around March and April for summertime. We will limit our park days to 2 days and enjoy the hotel and pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter