Prices for special allergy prepared meals

SamMac

Mouseketeer
I usually have the dining plan when we go to Disney but I am considering staying off site and will be paying for meals. Does Disney charge extra for the more expensive foods such as the GF bun or off menu items? My son has a gluten, egg, dairy, and peanut allergy so he has to have something special at each meal.

I don't recall ever being charged for things like allergy buns. When the whole meal is a premade special allergy meal (ex chicken tenders, pizza, mac & cheese) then yes there is always a higher price. For modifications to regular menu items, usually there is no extra charge but we do have at least one regular poster on this board who was charged an upcharge for the priviledge of having stuff left off her plate (totally not what they're supposed to do, but they did).

Hopefully most places will have the Ener-G buns back as the Udi's contain eggs. It does sound as though they're on their way back in, at least based on what this board is hearing.

We have never been charged extra- when items have been subbed in or out of a menu item we have been charged the same cost as what it would have been with the allergy item in it (example- gluten free pasta cost the same as the comparable gluten-death pasta ;))

Even when meals have been created from scratch we were charged the same as a comparable menu item because that's how they had to ring it up in their computer system.

I can echo everyone else's responses. The only time I've seen a major upcharge is when I order allergy free chicken tenders or something else like that. Otherwise, they are usually very good at subbing out for the same cost. Of course, when I order extras, like gf/df bread and Mickey waffles together, they charge it as a side. Most of it is pretty reasonable on the cost.

We have never been charged extra...........:thumbsup2

al6yi5tjsw0zgf85.png

Just to be clear, the price doesn't show as a separate line item on your receipt. What shows is that allergy chicken tenders or an allergy pizza (or whatever premade allergy food you bought) were ordered and if you look at the price of those compared to the price of the non-allergy version then you'll notice a difference in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter