Prices... sigh.

I've been twice under the current system and I'm done. No desire to spend 80-100 dollars a day on fast passes along with all the other ridiculous price increases. It used to be a secondary vacation for us. No way will it ever be a primary vacation. There are way too many other better places to vacation for 1\4 the price.

Our last trip was in 2010. Were there quite a number of times. Every once in a while I think it would be nice to go. Once we check out the prices of airfare from Canada (which is crazy), hotels, transportation to and from the airport, meals, passes and all the other extras now, it gets discouraging. Then we think of all the extra planning, being on phones, getting up early..... still no reservations. Maybe one day. If we can find a time that's not quite so busy. We can dream....
I'd rather go to Canada... which I am in May for an Alaska cruise.

I wasn't boasting. I was saying that if I'm going to go to any Disney park, I'll go to DLP, and that's a fringe benefit of going to a park in France. I'm not embarrassed that I smoke, it's a choice that I make and I knowingly accept the risks. Just like I'm not embarrassed that I use pot or drink alcohol. If you don't want to be around it, then walk away, or even better, stay in America and let us European-minded folks puff away.

You spend your money on cigarettes, pot and beer in Paris. We spend ours at Disney in America.

Do what makes you happy.

We had occasion to visit another area of the US last fall and we had a good time. But when we first pulled up to the hotel we’d booked (a chain we frequent and really like), there were prostitutes and pit bulls outside the hotel. We were a little confused! So we cautiously ventured inside to check it out and fortunately, the room wasn’t ready. :lmao: We promptly left and went to get a bite to eat, as it had been a long travel day already, and we realized we were not in a good area. So we googled another place, farther away, went to check it out, and had a nice stay there. It was no Disney resort, but it was pretty good. It did make us appreciate what we get when we go to Disney, even to some of the hotels outside the parks. I think there is value in that, knowing that even if things aren’t always perfect, at least they’re going to be clean, safe and fun!

I agree with him. It's insane that the Orlando parks now require smokers to go all the way out the freaking gate to smoke. Everything worked well when there were a couple of well secluded smoking areas inside each park, in areas that nonsmokers never had to go near. If I can go to Paris cheaper than WDW, see Mickey, and as a side note also smoke in the park....why not?
Mmmm
‘I like the new way better….
to many smokers decided it was not a bit deal to smoke where ever they wanted too

I will! You too! Na zdrowie comrade!
I once bought some bottles of wine for gifts at a boutique winery where, for a small extra charge, they’d print and attach a short personalized message.

I requested “na zdrowie“, they asked what it meant, I told them, and they had the audacity to inform me that they were prohibited from saying anything about “health”.

I once bought some bottles of wine for gifts at a boutique winery where, for a small extra charge, they’d print and attach a short personalized message.

I requested “na zdrowie“, they asked what it meant, I told them, and they had the audacity to inform me that they were prohibited from saying anything about “health”.
Wait, what?? It just means Cheers in Polish! That's insane! What a brudna suka!

Couldn't have said it better :thumbsup2 Research and experience are completely different things. I think some folks NEED to put a value on most things in life, and that's fine. But to say you don't see the value when you haven't experience it let's say in the recent 5-10 years, it's not really a fair statement. But hey, don't come, more for us! 😆
I was last there in 2021. We had a good time, but I've lost the desire to go back. Which is crazy, because I used to NEED a trip at least once a year and started jonesing for the next one as soon as I got home. At this point most of the things I really miss don't exist anymore.

We had occasion to visit another area of the US last fall and we had a good time. But when we first pulled up to the hotel we’d booked (a chain we frequent and really like), there were prostitutes and pit bulls outside the hotel. We were a little confused! So we cautiously ventured inside to check it out and fortunately, the room wasn’t ready. :lmao: We promptly left and went to get a bite to eat, as it had been a long travel day already, and we realized we were not in a good area. So we googled another place, farther away, went to check it out, and had a nice stay there. It was no Disney resort, but it was pretty good. It did make us appreciate what we get when we go to Disney, even to some of the hotels outside the parks. I think there is value in that, knowing that even if things aren’t always perfect, at least they’re going to be clean, safe and fun!
As we've been traveling in Europe over the last few years, the thing I've missed the most about Disney is always knowing there's a clean bathroom steps away.

As we've been traveling in Europe over the last few years, the thing I've missed the most about Disney is always knowing there's a clean bathroom steps away.
I so want to travel to Europe but my damn anxiety just won't let me, My kids are grown but I still stress majorly being on the other side of the ocean from them. Had a stroke five years ago and my anxiety about travel just got worse. Honestly it's why we go to Disney, very little anxiety for me there. We mostly do resort stays now and just purchased DVC. I've been to so many hotels all over the US and have had way too many issues at all price points. When we do travel we camp in our trailer, I like having my own bed, kitchen and bathroom. Disney is one place where I know the room quallity and cleanliness is spot on from value to deluxe hotels. It's why we keep coming back.

I so want to travel to Europe but my damn anxiety just won't let me, My kids are grown but I still stress majorly being on the other side of the ocean from them. Had a stroke five years ago and my anxiety about travel just got worse. Honestly it's why we go to Disney, very little anxiety for me there. We mostly do resort stays now and just purchased DVC. I've been to so many hotels all over the US and have had way too many issues at all price points. When we do travel we camp in our trailer, I like having my own bed, kitchen and bathroom. Disney is one place where I know the room quallity and cleanliness is spot on from value to deluxe hotels. It's why we keep coming back.
Do any of your kids want to go to Europe that you could tag along with? That's my mom's preferred method. She loves going, but is not a planner at all and has never traveled by herself, so she tags along with me and my sisters any chance she gets. We do all the planning, she goes along for the ride.

Do any of your kids want to go to Europe that you could tag along with? That's my mom's preferred method. She loves going, but is not a planner at all and has never traveled by herself, so she tags along with me and my sisters any chance she gets. We do all the planning, she goes along for the ride.
I'm sure they would but they are at a tough age, where they are in college and or just starting in their careers. My oldest lives on the otherside of the country. I'm sure my husband and I will make our way overseas eventually. For now I'm glad we have someplace we can both relax.

One of my closest friend’s husband was in the Peace Corps over in Turkey. (Did I spell that right? Türkiye) Later in life he wanted to vacation there, so they went. She said the hardest thing to get used to was going to the bathroom in a hole in the floor. (Not really my idea of a vacation - nor hers!) She also had to use the bathroom one day when they were out and about and there was only some sort of men’s bar nearby and they didn’t want to let her use their facilities. (I guess if you’re a man, it’s easier? :confused3 ) I never forgot her story.

I've been twice under the current system and I'm done. No desire to spend 80-100 dollars a day on fast passes along with all the other ridiculous price increases. It used to be a secondary vacation for us. No way will it ever be a primary vacation. There are way too many other better places to vacation for 1\4 the price.
For us, I don't mind spending money for a good return on investment. That is no longer available at WDW For Us. We now go to Universal, and yes, it is expensive. But what you get in return is well worth it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter