Pricing information released regarding 2024 Disney Dining Plan

My local supermarket currently has bud on sale $20 for 24 bottles, about 80 cents a bottle

They have coke on sale $11 for 3 6 packs, about 60 cents a bottle.

Disney may pay less.

I find it annoying that alcohol is included. It's just an excuse to raise the price.
Alcohol was previously included in the 2019/2020 plan and it was cheaper by almost $20 and included the 2nd snack.
Disney is definitely ripping us off with this plan.

Discussing it with my sister, we found it's a no go for us. Also it still bothers me that the reusable mugs/cups can't be used in the park. I think USO's coke freestyle are a much better deal and when I've gone, I fill up when leaving the park so I have something for my room or order drinks from Walmart.

As other have stated, DDP is for convenience not for saving money now.
For 3 years the masses shouted 'WE WANT THE DDP'. "WE WILL PAY ANY PRICE'
Guest now have to choice if it works for them.

In the 3years, everything has gone off the roof. Food, service, wages, supplies. Cost had to go way up.

As other have stated, DDP is for convenience not for saving money now.
For 3 years the masses shouted 'WE WANT THE DDP'. "WE WILL PAY ANY PRICE'
Guest now have to choice if it works for them.

In the 3years, everything has gone off the roof. Food, service, wages, supplies. Cost had to go way up.
I’m actually surprised they didn’t price it higher.

Ah, would've been more obvious if they'd quoted the post about possible 2 credit QS.
I agree, moliphino. But since that information is in the post directly above mine, I thought it was clear that my YIKES was referring to the entire daily allotment, less one snack, might be consumed at one meal.

Sometimes we do a split stay and get the dining plan on the front end. Since we travel in the summer we are never hungry for table service after the first two nights. We are able to use the mug throughout our stay.

Since beverages and tax are included, I think I still might do the math on the qs ddp for 2024. We absolutely couldn't drink alcohol at two meals a day for 7 nights in the August heat, but maybe it will cover powerades and milkshakes?

I fondly remember fireworks in Epcot in 2019 with fish and chips and a bass ale from the rose and crown window. I felt like I got away with something great! Which speaks to why Disney included alcohol again this round.

I agree, moliphino. But since that information is in the post directly above mine, I thought it was clear that my YIKES was referring to the entire daily allotment, less one snack, might be consumed at one meal.
When I came back into the thread it picked up at the most recent post, which was yours. I didn't see the one directly above it at that time.

Or at least have an alcoholic or non alcoholic option. For those under 21 or just those who don't drink.
Assume the difference in price is about be a dollar. Would it really matter? Would it be worth programming another plan?

Vegetarians don't get value in the plan. Guests who skip desserts don't do well. Some guests chose a beer, costing Disney less then 80 cents compared with a bottle of soda at 60 cents. I wouldn't be surprised if a milk shake costs Disney close to, or more then Disney's cost for an adult beverage.

Last edited:
Assume the difference in price is about be a dollar. Would it really matter?
Disney's price would be that, but we all know that they are making a killing on these plans. They could easily go down $10 for the no alcohol and still be well into the red. I am sure that it bothers a lot of people that their 12 year old is paying for a plan that includes alcohol that they can't even drink. It is all about perception.

Disney's price would be that, but we all know that they are making a killing on these plans. They could easily go down $10 for the no alcohol and still be well into the red. I am sure that it bothers a lot of people that their 12 year old is paying for a plan that includes alcohol that they can't even drink. It is all about perception.
That's the point. Disney wants $$$ from the plan. They're not looking to reduce revenue by $10 in exchange for a dollar reduction in costs.

I don't think Disney cares how many people buy the DDP. It appeals to people who think it's convenient.

They have coke on sale $11 for 3 6 packs, about 60 cents a bottle.

Disney may pay less.

Disney pays a LOT less.

As an official sponsor for WDW, Coca Cola gives their soda syrup to Disney for zero cost so the fountain drinks for Disney are ALL profit. I don't know about 20 oz bottles and such but in the restaurants that $4-5 you pay per Coke product in a tall paper or glass cup with some slushy ice goes all to the bottom line.

On the cost side, Disney makes out like a bandit in that case.

Bama Ed

Disney pays a LOT less.

As an official sponsor for WDW, Coca Cola gives their soda syrup to Disney for zero cost so the fountain drinks for Disney are ALL profit. I don't know about 20 oz bottles and such but in the restaurants that $4-5 you pay per Coke product in a tall paper or glass cup with some slushy ice goes all to the bottom line.

Bama Ed
and I'd think Disney can buy beer for at lot less then on sale at a supermarket quantity 24

There is no world in which this new DDP saves you money. And "convenience" is a silly reason. It's just as convenient for me to pay as I go as it is for me to pay in advance.
Couldn't agree more. Just load a disney gift card and use that instead AND order what you want. Same concept, and you save a LOT of money.

Disney pays a LOT less.

Bama Ed
I thought that whole "Disney gets coke for free" has been debunked for many, many years. Coke does not need Disney to advertise for them so there is no reason for them to give away all of that product for free. I am sure that Disney gets a great deal, but they don't get all of that soda for free, just to turn around and make a small fortune off of it. Why would coke lose money like that? Do you realize how much soda Disney goes through? That doesn't even make sense.

I thought that whole "Disney gets coke for free" has been debunked for many, many years. Coke does not need Disney to advertise for them so there is no reason for them to give away all of that product for free. I am sure that Disney gets a great deal, but they don't get all of that soda for free, just to turn around and make a small fortune off of it. Why would coke lose money like that? Do you realize how much soda Disney goes through? That doesn't even make sense.
Coke doesn't need Disney BUT Coke would not be happy if Disney switched to Pepsi.

I'm skeptical of the claim the soda is literally free. I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of fountain soda is so low people may think the soda is all but free. Pennies per cup. It's theoretically possible Disney rents the equipment but gets syrup free or Disney pays for syrup and gets the machines free

Coke doesn't need Disney BUT Coke would not be happy if Disney switched to Pepsi.

I'm skeptical of the claim the soda is literally free. I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of fountain soda is so low people may think the soda is all but free. Pennies per cup. It's theoretically possible Disney rents the equipment but gets syrup free or Disney pays for syrup and gets the machines free
I am sure that they have a long standing contract. I imagine that terms are agreeable to both sides. But I don't believe that coke would just give all of that soda away for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter