• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pricing questions on HHI

IndyToThere

Mouseketeer
We recently visited Disney HHI during our spring Hilton Head trip (stayed at a condo rental) to look around and get some info. The front desk castmember gave us a pricing brochure for 2018 on room rates in dollars and wrote a phone number for both Members and Non-Members.

I get that HHI is a DVC resort, but this brochure makes me wonder if a non-DVC member can book rooms. Now for an example fall trip in October, the brochure lists Season 2 rates starting Oct15 as $200 for a 1BR villa. That seems pretty affordable to me. When I look at David's Point Rentals for a comparison on points and cost, they list the nightly cost in this timeframe at 27 points/night or $432. Hmm, something looks off.

So, can non-DVC members book rooms with Disney directly?
And are these rates from the brochure accurate?

We recently visited Disney HHI during our spring Hilton Head trip (stayed at a condo rental) to look around and get some info. The front desk castmember gave us a pricing brochure for 2018 on room rates in dollars and wrote a phone number for both Members and Non-Members.

I get that HHI is a DVC resort, but this brochure makes me wonder if a non-DVC member can book rooms. Now for an example fall trip in October, the brochure lists Season 2 rates starting Oct15 as $200 for a 1BR villa. That seems pretty affordable to me. When I look at David's Point Rentals for a comparison on points and cost, they list the nightly cost in this timeframe at 27 points/night or $432. Hmm, something looks off.

All DVC resorts are available via cash bookings, depending on availability. I think DVD holds a small percentage of points at each resort to allow this even if members don't "trade out."

LAX

Yes, non-DVC members can book at HHI. I'm not 100% sure on your question about pricing, but I think HHI has some pretty reasonable off-season rates. We use our membership during the summer and early October; otherwise, we would probably just pay cash.

When we go to HHI in the fall, we routinely meet non-DVC members in the hot tub. And I think that $200 night sounds right for a 1 BR villa at that time of year. As DVC members, with the 25% MC, it doesn't pay to use our points on weekends!

You can go on the website for Disney’s HHI, they have the pricing and availability right there. I believe you can book online. All DVC resorts are available to all. It will depend on time of year regarding pricing and availability.

If you book any DVC resort as a non DVC member you pay rack rate plus taxes. DVC members get 25% off rack rate and do not have to pay taxes, as they are owners.

If you book any DVC resort as a non DVC member you pay rack rate plus taxes. DVC members get 25% off rack rate and do not have to pay taxes, as they are owners.
Discounts for HHI are common off season. Some are there on RCI exchanges as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter