Primeval Whirl Closure?

That's nice! I just got an email saying that my 12:55 pm Primeval Whirl FP for 8/22 was canceled, replaced with a 2:55 pm Everest FP for the same day. I'm in the same boat as @hvanes, in that I was not planning to stay that late at Animal Kingdom, so am a bit frustrated that it's for such a late time. I'd have preferred an anytime one.
Try emailing guest services! Good luck!

We were there last week (7/30) and got the notice the day before we had it booked that our FP had been replaced with Dinosaur. We were not notified that far ahead of time and the time they gave us was later in the day than our original FP. When we were in the park we asked a cast member stationed out front what was going on and he said just some refurbishment. There was nobody working on it and now that I see it will be closed until as least 9/2 I'm really curious about what they're doing with it. :confused3

Orlando Theme Park News is actually reporting it will be down until at least September 28th.

My Primeval FP was changed to a 8.15am to 9.15am Dinosaur FP. /crossly. Who needs a FP at that timing? And when I tried to modify it to something else, everything was only available in the mid afternoon, and we don't plan to be out and about during that time.

We are here now and we were at AK on 8/2 Friday. We went on a DVC tour, and to get there they drove us out a back way from the park. As we were going along, we passed a work area where I saw a large number of the PW cars looking like they were waiting to be attended to and a couple actually being worked on. I knew then and there it was going to be a while before the ride was back up. I am sad because I really like that ride.

What's going on with this, now closed until October...

I don't understand the logic. Either it's safe to run all year or it's not safe to run at all. Opening it seasonally doesn't make any sense.

Given everything that's ahead in the pipeline, I think it'll be a few years before we see it replaced. But having said that I think the next major addition/update to AK has to be for this attraction and this area in general.

Interesting. I noticed it had its attraction star back the app map yesterday.

Officially I believe Stitch’s Great Escape is still seasonal too.
It is officially still seasonal, even though the animatronic has been skinned and/or demolished, haha
So, like I told my fiance, I think PW is done for, fortunately or unfortunately

It is officially still seasonal, even though the animatronic has been skinned and/or demolished, haha
So, like I told my fiance, I think PW is done for, fortunately or unfortunately
Surprisingly it was testing today.

Today was my FP booking day and there are none available. If PW is seasonal, only running during busy times, then I can't think of a busier time than Xmas/NYE. We love this ride, but it's not looking good.

Today was my FP booking day and there are none available. If PW is seasonal, only running during busy times, then I can't think of a busier time than Xmas/NYE. We love this ride, but it's not looking good.

Only one side is operational and right now I think it’s only running on the days of After Hours events. It’s also not very reliable, so even on days it’s running it’s not using fast pass and it’s not showing up on the App.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter