• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Primeval-Whirl!?!?!

winniethepooh4eva

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody!!!

I have a upcoming trip this August & I heard that Primeeval-whirl is going 2 be closed!!!!!:eek: That's one of my favorite rides & I was just wondering if it's definitley going 2 be closed this August and if it is closeddoes anybody know why it's going to be closed?????:confused3

Thanks 4 all of the help!!!!!:)

It will most likely still be down (and be down for awhile after). A maintenance worker died several months ago during a scheduled maintenance period. I'm sure part of the reason for the extended refurb is the OSHA investigation.

My girls went to go ride it July 26th when we visited AK and it was already closed w/ the wood partitions up all around it.... I didn't even realize it was scheduled for refurbishment since I hadn't seen it listed on any scheduled closings before we went :confused3

One of your favorite rides? Are you freakin' kidding us? Primevial Whirl is the one of the, if not the worst ride in WDW. It has lame theming in a ridiculous carnie atmosphere with an in your face green message and horrible whiplash mechanics. The whole carnie section (Fossil Fun) should be rolled up and tossed out. Waste of space!

PS. My kids like the Triceratop spin though.
One of my faves too. Just stop freakin' and realize we ain't all gots the same taste. I love the carny theming of the area. And the 'green' in your face message is a hoot.

One of your favorite rides? Are you freakin' kidding us? Primevial Whirl is the one of the, if not the worst ride in WDW. It has lame theming in a ridiculous carnie atmosphere with an in your face green message and horrible whiplash mechanics. The whole carnie section (Fossil Fun) should be rolled up and tossed out. Waste of space!

One person's garbage is another man's treasure, after all.

Harsh.

I too am a little disappointed it will be closed. It's fun and a little different from the other rides at WDW

It's a little too bumpy for me, but we all have our favorite rides and attractions. Hope you still have a great trip!

I totally agree with you. I was shocked at that section of the park . Very carnie and not what I expected at all.

I'm pretty sure it was down when we were there in May. It was the first time DD was old enough to ride and she has been waiting so we went to see if she would make it and she did but it was closed.

We've never ridden so I don't have an opinion.

I'm pretty sure it was down when we were there in May. It was the first time DD was old enough to ride and she has been waiting so we went to see if she would make it and she did but it was closed.

We've never ridden so I don't have an opinion.

I remember it being closed in May.

It was closed in March and closed our last trip 2 years ago.

Its one of those rides where the worker is constantly loading you-but walking backwards and that has led to the injuries-maybe they are rethinking it?

I do love the ride:thumbsup2

One of my faves too. Just stop freakin' and realize we ain't all gots the same taste. I love the carny theming of the area. And the 'green' in your face message is a hoot.

We absolutely LOVE it also and were disappointed we couldn't ride in February. I agree with your comments. Why can't people just be nice?

It was closed in March and closed our last trip 2 years ago.

Its one of those rides where the worker is constantly loading you-but walking backwards and that has led to the injuries-maybe they are rethinking it?

I do love the ride:thumbsup2

I just hope they don't change what's said at the end: "Please stand up before exiting. Buh bye!"

Its one of our favs too and we are glad it will be open again when we get there in Nov. My roommate has a bad back and has trouble with jerky rides but she loves this one. As for the Carny atmosphere of that area, if you know the back story it makes much more sense.

I like the ride also. I am disappointed that it isn't open. I am happy that Space Mountain is open though as it wasn't the last time we were there. There was a family we met that came to Disney the last time so they could ride Space Mountain and didn't do their homework before going. They were disappointed and stated that they would have to come back in November after it opened again. It took us 2 years to get back there and we leave in a couple of weeks - we can't wait!

I've only been on once and I do remember it being too jerky for my tastes. And back then I was a seventeen year old roller coaster junkie, so I guess that says a lot.

It wasn't awful though.

in all the years i have been to WDW i do not think i have ever been on this attraction... whether it be because its closed or not i really never saw the need to go on it... not a Disneyish attraction in my opinion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter