Princess and the Frog!!! THANK YOU DISNEY!

jms531

Mouseketeer
It was SO nice to finally see a real KIDS movie without all the adult inuendos. The animation was beautiful and the songs were great! Went right after the movie and picked up the soundtrack! Definitely go see this movie!!!

Good job Disney!!!!

So glad you loved it. We have been looking forward to seeing it, but have to wait until next weeked!:sad2: Can't wait to hear what others have to say about it!

I am so glad to hear that !!
We watched Princess Tiana's showboat show at the MK the other day and it was GREAT! The music was Awesome and I can't wait to watch the movie next week :goodvibes

It really was impossible not to love it!

DH and I were talking on the way home though and wish they would do some kind of remodel at DW for Port Orleans-give it some kind of a face-lift and incorporate some of the movie into it. I think it would really go over well! And, yes, I realize I am a hopeless Disney addict for even having these thoughts:lmao:

We are going to take our DD next weekend to see it! I cannot wait!

I would think so. It wasn't your typical frilly Disney princess movie. For a large part of the movie the princess is actually a frog and makes friends with other male animals. If your little boy likes the older Disney movies where there's lots of singing, dancing (think Aladdin) then I'm sure he will love this one!

We went and saw the movie today also....my DDs both were up and dancing to the music (it wasn't a full theatre so we were not bothering anyone) but it was a good movie. My oldest DD asked if we could run to the store and buy the DVD....I had to explain how it doesn't work that way. :laughing:

In the beginning of the movie all I kept thinking was ohhhh I want to go to New Orleans and see the sights....animation was great!!! I think this one will do good....I also had the thought that if they could incorporate this movie into the Port Orleans - french quarter it would look wonderful!

We just got back and DD is already figuring how to convince her dad to see it so she can go again. :laughing: Great animation, nice storyline, danceable music, we were very happy. I was surprised at the number of mom and little boys actually, groups that had no little girls in tow. There were quite a few and they seemed to enjoy it as much as the girls did. There were also lots of little girls in full fledge princess dresses coming in as we were coming out, so that was fun to see.

The only parts that might be a little negative for some parents are the graveyard shadow scenes near the end, they might be a little scary and intense for young kids (DD is 7 and was fine). Also there is a death although it wasn't graphic or anything. Overall two thumbs up, and I'm sure we'll be watching it over and over. :thumbsup2

It is a great movie. We went last weekend and saw it in NYC. I could see where some kids might be scared but my 4 and 5yo did fine the whole time.

I loved it! Took DD (13 mos) to see it today. I was impressed, she made it until about 15-20 min before the end to have a melt down. Almost saw the whole thing. Can't wait till I can add it to Netflix...or convince DH to come with us :)

I ook my 3 ds and 5 dd. We all enjoyed the movie but DD was bothered by the death. She asked "why can't a happy movie ever have a happy ending" It got me thinking for adult movies it just wouldn't be real but for children's movies WHY CAN"T THEY?? I did like the movie and for the ones that have seen it it could be argued that it WAS a happy ending but from a 5 year old perspective she was sad. I have come to accept this from most disney movies but kids will be kids.

We all loved the movie. DH slept through it but then again he would sleep through our WDW vacations too if he could get away with it.

It was incredible; I LOVED IT.
The songs were catchy, the animation is breathtaking, the story heart warming and breaking at the same time.

A warning for those with small children: Dr. Facilier's voodoo scenes and songs are a little scary/dark. The kids in the theater were fine, but I'm just warning you.

My 'nawlins loving friend adored it. She knew she'd like it, but she didn't think she'd LOVE it, and she did.

This was so unlike any other Princess movie, I just wish it had been longer!

We saw it last night. We live in a suburb of New Orleans, and it was awesome to see it with a packed house who all got the little inside jokes. Great story, beautiful depiction of NOLA, and scary villian-classic Disney!

My dd9 loved it, ds6 thought it was funny, and dd3 was not scared at all. She is afraid of the witch in Snow White, but the Shadow Man didn't freak her out.

My 6-yo son loved it! He watched the entire movie and didn't ask for his gameboy once. Then when we got home he looked it up on youtube, and then asked me for his DVD player so he could watch it. He wasn't impressed that I couldn't produce the DVD!!

A cute story, as we were walking in there was a little girl dressed in a Tiana costume. I said to her, Oh I didn't know we were going to get to meet the real princess today! She was such a sweet little thing, she said...She looks just like me!! Awww!!! Almost brought tears to my eyes!

My kids got free passes when were at WDW over Thanksgiving, so we'll be going probably this week

We used our free passes that we got in WDW in October and saw it today. LOVED it! I thought it was great, had a wonderful message, and we really enjoyed it. Tiana rocks! She's our new favorite princess! :lovestruc

I took my girls today, (I was so happy my DD15 wanted to come.) We all loved it, can't wait till it goes to the dollar theater so we can see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter