• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess and The Frog

Peanuts on a plane…..never have stopped and no reason not to. Should we all have a hissy fit about things we don’t like and demand they are changed regardless of how silly they may seem?

Like I said, are you ever going to satisfy EVERYONE ??? There is no way as some may be offended by the new theming etc. Going off "half cocked" and making changes thinking you are improving something, may actually introduce more offensiveness. Again, where does it end?

It really doesn't matter *why* the ride is being re-themed; every ride has that potential at Disney parks. Walt put that out there in the beginning, that the park attractions would always change over time, to keep the experience fresh. Sometimes they cheap out on re-themes, but I don't think that's what we are looking at here. The ride won't be themed on New Orleans, but on the swamp. I grew up in that swamp, and let me tell you that that part of South Louisiana is probably more of a living frontier today than most rural places in America. People there still live off the land in a way you very seldom see in this country. So, yeah, there are no mountains there, but with the scale reimagined, the "mountain" can easily be a 40 ft levee instead. (If you're the size of a nutria, that's a decent-sized hill.)

Very few of today's park guests have ever seen SOTS or read Joel Chandler Harris, so the reason people love Splash isn't so much the association with the film and/or the story; they love the way it is built and the fun of the drop, neither of which will change all that much. Splash Mountain was built with what were essentially spare parts, and they did a good job with that, but I'm thinking that the reimagined ride will be a much richer experience for most park guests. If the imagineers are smart, they will combine elements of the current ride with some of the elements of the DLR Pirates ride that really add to the atmosphere. The combination has the potential to be much, much better than the current iteration of Splash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter