• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Avery's wish trip to see the princesses! (06/29/10 - 07/05/10)

averyhappygirl

Earning My Ears
:cheer2: Yay! It's hard to believe that a week from now, we'll be on Avery's Make A Wish trip to see the "printhesses"! I don't have much time to catch you all up on Avery's long journey, but I'll try my best.

princess: Avery was diagnosed with Infant Leukemia on July 28th, 2008. She was only 9 months old at the time. She presented with Bells Palsy (left side of face paralyzed), but luckily that has cleared up and we can now see her beautiful dimple again! She has been undergoing high dose chemo as a high risk patient and is doing wonderful. We had quite a few scares, and almost lost her only 10 days into treatment, but Avery has proven to be quite the warrior - that's why some of the nurses call her "Feisty Avery". You can read more of her story on her caringbridge page: www.caringbridge.org/visit/averyspicer She is currently in remission and enjoying regrowing her hair and brushing it with her Ariel brush :cutie:

Now about the rest of my family. I am Melissa :hippie:, my hubby is Kelvin :wizard:, and we have four spectacular kids. Kaitlyn is 14 :thumbsup2, Emily is 11 :rotfl:, and Ian is 4 pirate: We are a very close family and everyone is super excited for Avery's upcoming trip. It will be a wonderful time for us to relax and spend some great family time together. The first year of Avery's treatment was mainly inpatient, so we all appreciate our family time together even more now.

We have kids of all ages, so I would love any recommendations of things we should not miss, and things we can skip too. I will post next with the tentative planning of our days. :laughing:

wow its almost time for you to go! I hope you have fun! any questions you have just ask away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter