Princess Caitlin pre trip August '10 costarring dawnbu40

PrincessCaitlin

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Princess Caitlin and Dawnbu40 September Pre trip report!

Skip this until page 40 our plans have changed drastically from when we first planned this haha

When- September 1-7 (may vary a day either way depending on air fare)
Where- CSR (Coronado Springs Resort)
Parks- All 4 WDW and going to Universal Studios for the new Harry Potter world

We will be attending the MNSSHP and doing another special event ( right now leaning towards an Illuminations cruise)

The Who-If you haven't followed along with our other TRs here is the cast of characters!

DSC_0454.jpg

Me aka Princess Caitlin aka Caitlin (although I do like the sound of Princess Caitlin :lmao:)- I am 19 and a sophomore at Eastern Michigan University my major is communications and theater and my minor is political science. After I get my bachelor's degree I will be attending law school and I want to be a prosecutor. This will be my 9th time to WDW and I am so excited!
Fave Character- Donald
Fave Princes- Belle
Fave Disney Movie- Beauty and the Beast

vacation2009205-1.jpg

Dawnbu40 aka Dawn- My amazing mom! This will be her 14th time and she is still as excited as ever! She is a stay at home mom/ my personal assistant :lmao: and our disney trip planner!
Fave Character-Mary Poppins and Aladdin
Fave Princess- Ariel
Fave Disney Movie- Little Mermaid

vacation2009292.jpg

TSManiac aka Dale- My awesome dad! He is the workaholic who makes these trips possible for mine and my mom's Disney obsessions to be fed :lmao:. He is a manager at Best Buy and a part time college student (he helps me with my papers :rotfl:).
Fave Disney Character- Buzz Lightyear
Fave Princess- Jasmine :rolleyes:
Fave Disney Movie- Toy Story

Not only will you be hearing about our plans for the trip you will also be hearing about the "Celebrations- Disney on Ice" show we are seeing next month and our blanket making for the "Linus Project" for Disney's Give a Day Get a Day!

I'm in! So glad to join you on your journey. :goodvibes

popcorn::

:banana: Glad you're here! Caitlin and I are both reading your TR. (she's just been lurking :rotfl:) She joined D23 a few days ago after seeing so much about it in your PTR!

Woohoo I'm here..can't wait to hear all the planning since I missed your last PTR! I was so sad when your TR ended Dawn..glad the party is continuing here, and with the whole family!

Woohoo I'm here..can't wait to hear all the planning since I missed your last PTR! I was so sad when your TR ended Dawn..glad the party is continuing here, and with the whole family!

:yay: Glad you're here! I didn't do a PTR for September so you didn't miss anything :laughing: Last year Caitlin and I did PTR and TR for our May trip and it just didn't feel right doing a PTR without her so I skipped that. I wasn't even going to do a TR for Sept but she and Dale talked me into it (and I'm glad they did) She's been really anxious to get this started so it's time for some fun :goodvibes

Caitlin -

What a wonderful start to your PTR! I really enjoyed reading all about your guys, even though I feel like I already know you from your previous TRs. I am so glad you get to participate in this trip. I know you hated to miss the anniversary trip, but school comes first!

Great introduction pics.

And Dawn -

I think that is great the you can get FP's for your whole group. Do you think I still have time to sign up and get my credit before May?????? The closest site to me is the Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill. My marching band plays a concert there every year. I work in a hospital, but this is different. Chronic = Pretty depressing. Still - for group FP's? hmmmmmmmmm!

Caitlin -

What a wonderful start to your PTR! I really enjoyed reading all about your guys, even though I feel like I already know you from your previous TRs. I am so glad you get to participate in this trip. I know you hated to miss the anniversary trip, but school comes first!

Great introduction pics.

And Dawn -

I think that is great the you can get FP's for your whole group. Do you think I still have time to sign up and get my credit before May?????? The closest site to me is the Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill. My marching band plays a concert there every year. I work in a hospital, but this is different. Chronic = Pretty depressing. Still - for group FP's? hmmmmmmmmm!
Hi Mary Ellen!:wave2: So glad you're joining us again!

You're so right that Caitlin hated missing out in Sept but school does come first with her! In fact, I'm proud to say that she had a DRUM ROLL PLEASE 4.0 last semester! She is in the second half of her sophomore year and to date has had all A's and 1 B+! :cheer2: Yep, we're very proud!

I am sure you can still sign up as long as the site you want, in your case the hospital, is still accepting volunteers. When I checked out the site on Jan.1st I chose a couple I was interested in but they didn't pan out so we picked a different one yesterday. A few places (mostly Habitat for Humanity) already had all their volunteers. After you sign up on Disney's site the local org. emails you and sets up your volunteer date. You then check back with Disney after you volunteer and then they send you a voucher you take to Disney and exchange it for a ticket or FP. So you should definitely have time to get it done by May! Let me know what you end up doing!

Caitlin -

Great introduction pics.

Thank you! I know it was so hard deciding what to write about everyone since we have our avid readers who already know us :flower3: I am so excited about this trip and rub it in my parents faces that I am waiting the longest to go back ;) I am very happy they got some time away together though so I am not too bitter ;)

I love the introduction pics :lmao: the bad part is I think that pic of me is the best one from last year's trip :rotfl2:

Count me in!
In fact, we need to rely on your reviews as we're planning X's 4th Birthday.
We're heading out in Feb 2011 and we need a preview of the Wizarding World!
So make sure you take lots of pics and tell us ALL about it!!
Don't worry - it'll be a mostly WDW trip but we figured we can spare one day at the "other park."
I also want DS7 to get a chance to ride Spider-Man!!

Count me in!
In fact, we need to rely on your reviews as we're planning X's 4th Birthday.
We're heading out in Feb 2011 and we need a preview of the Wizarding World!
So make sure you take lots of pics and tell us ALL about it!!
Don't worry - it'll be a mostly WDW trip but we figured we can spare one day at the "other park."
I also want DS7 to get a chance to ride Spider-Man!!

Hi Mike! Glad you are joining us again! We too plan to take just 1 day to see Islands of Adventure. All 3 of us read the whole Harry Potter series so the Wizarding World is a must-do! That was one of the reasons we booked Bounceback instead of going just in the spring. We wanted to make sure that the WW would be open! We will take lots and lots of pics! In 2008 we went to IOA and Dale and Caitlin loved the Spiderman ride!

Hi Mike! Glad you are joining us again! We too plan to take just 1 day to see Islands of Adventure. All 3 of us read the whole Harry Potter series so the Wizarding World is a must-do! That was one of the reasons we booked Bounceback instead of going just in the spring. We wanted to make sure that the WW would be open! We will take lots and lots of pics! In 2008 we went to IOA and Dale and Caitlin loved the Spiderman ride!

Souds great!
I've done IOA twice - once way back when in 2001 and then again last year during my conference (pics on the way).
Other than Spider-Man, I was not very impressed.
However, I am too looking forward to the Wizarding World.
Stacey and I have read all the books already (and seen the movies).
So now we have a year to make sure our oldest reads the books.
And we told him he can't watch the movie until he reads the book. ;)

So yesterday my mom and I did some shopping and since we got some good deals,and did Disney related shopping, I thought our equally Disney obsessed friends would appreciate seeing our purchases :)

We spent most of the day shopping around for the perfect present for one very special MAW child named Piper :goodvibes (sorry can't post the pics it has to be a surprise for her and her mom :thumbsup2)

So since we were in the Disney mood we stopped by Hallmark who had 75% off Christmas (SCORE!) and picked up some more ornaments for our Disney tree

disboard002.jpg

I was so excited about the NBC ornament!!

We couldn't find what we were looking for at our closest mall so we headed out to the only mall in our area that still has a Disney store. We used to have 3 in our immediate area but they closed them all and now the only one left is about 20 miles away :rolleyes: When we got there we found they were having a sale though :cool1: I got a t shirt for vacation (nothing like an early start :lmao:)

disboard004.jpg

and we had to pick up some of our favorite shopping bags! Aren't the new designs cute?!

disboard003-1.jpg

and we found a gift for Piper :) Hope she likes it!

Our final stop was JoAnne's where we picked up no sew blanket kits to work on Saturday, for our "Give a Day Get a Day" project :) And yes, they were on sale too :thumbsup2

001.jpg

We will be working on the blankets Saturday so be on the look out for an update :thumbsup2

I'm here, but now I have a 4 yr old assistant who is verrrry interested in your recent purchases! ;) She recognized Tiana as the "surprise movie" we took her to on Cmas day. And, she even recognized the Toy Story crew. Hurray for Movie Night success!

So your Give a Day choices have changed? I looked on Jan 2nd and there was almost nothing in my area and now there are more...so I guess the site is changing every day? I haven't seen any Project Linus or MAW opportunities here but hopefully the ones I inquired about will work out. Can't wait to see what you guys do with all that fabric!

:flower3:princess:princess::laundy::dance3:
(Smilies chosen by my assistant, LOL)

Cute Ornaments , I have quite the collection of Hallmark ornaments my self but there not all Disney :)

The shirt and bags are adorable , I so miss having a Disney Store close also , when we lived in Maryland we had one in our Mall but right before we moved to NC it closed and now that we live here in NC the closest store is 3 hours way :(

Love the fabric for the blankets , can't wait to see the finished products !

I'm here, but now I have a 4 yr old assistant who is verrrry interested in your recent purchases! ;) She recognized Tiana as the "surprise movie" we took her to on Cmas day. And, she even recognized the Toy Story crew. Hurray for Movie Night success!

So your Give a Day choices have changed? I looked on Jan 2nd and there was almost nothing in my area and now there are more...so I guess the site is changing every day? I haven't seen any Project Linus or MAW opportunities here but hopefully the ones I inquired about will work out. Can't wait to see what you guys do with all that fabric!

:flower3:princess:princess::laundy::dance3:
(Smilies chosen by my assistant, LOL)

Aw I am glad your assistant liked our purchases!

MAW got back to us but the only event we could help with was a hockey game fundraiser and in order to work at that we would have had to fill out a ton of paper work so we went with the Linus project.

All of that fabric= a lot of work :lmao: I started on one of the blankets this morning and I am not even close to being done yet!

Cute Ornaments , I have quite the collection of Hallmark ornaments my self but there not all Disney :)

The shirt and bags are adorable , I so miss having a Disney Store close also , when we lived in Maryland we had one in our Mall but right before we moved to NC it closed and now that we live here in NC the closest store is 3 hours way :(

Love the fabric for the blankets , can't wait to see the finished products !

Thank you! I just love all Hallmark ornaments! I always grab the catalog every year and read through it :lmao:

Aw I am sorry about the Disney store. We used to have one really close to us but they took it down a while ago so the closest one is around 20 minutes away :sad1:

I hope they turn out well :laughing:

Hey guys! So I was just on the "Dis" page on Facebook and got to wondering if any of you are on Facebook? If you are give me or Caitlin a PM so we can add you :goodvibes

We're planning to make the blankets this weekend so we'll let you know how that goes! Right now I'm off to the Post Office to mail a special little girl from the "Big Give" some pixie dust! :tinker:

Hi Dawn and Caitlin! (The following is from Piper, who was reading over my shoulder!)

Hi hi hi hi hi! This is my first time typing on the DIS boards and i'll pop in from time to time! I'm guessing you read the stuff from before...lol. Well, anyway, I was really excited when I read your posts! Thanks a lot!:yay: Oh, and one more thing;Could you please post a pic of Caitlin?:)bye! :earsgirl: Piper

(Back to Mommy!)

We were both very excited when we saw your update! Can't wait to see how your blankets turn out, you picked out very cute fabrics to use! On a sidenote..I'll take Piper to the beginning of the thread so she can see Caitlin's picture..don't worry about posting one, lol. Hope you guys are having a great day!

Hi Dawn and Caitlin! (The following is from Piper, who was reading over my shoulder!)

Hi hi hi hi hi! This is my first time typing on the DIS boards and i'll pop in from time to time! I'm guessing you read the stuff from before...lol. Well, anyway, I was really excited when I read your posts! Thanks a lot!:yay: Oh, and one more thing;Could you please post a pic of Caitlin?:)bye! :earsgirl: Piper

(Back to Mommy!)

We were both very excited when we saw your update! Can't wait to see how your blankets turn out, you picked out very cute fabrics to use! On a sidenote..I'll take Piper to the beginning of the thread so she can see Caitlin's picture..don't worry about posting one, lol. Hope you guys are having a great day!

Hi Piper! :wave2: Welcome to the Dis! Here's a picture where you can see Caitlin a little better

DSC_0687.jpg

That was when we had dinner with Cinderella, the Step-Sisters and the Handsome Prince on Mother's Day last year.

You girls have a great day too! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter