Princess Dresses, Bibbidi Bobbidi, Cinderella's Round Table

khalloc

Earning My Ears
Hi all. We are leaving in 1.5 weeks for WDW. I have reservations at CRT and also at the BBB, although not on the same day :sad1: :sad1:

I couldnt get into the BBB at MK on the day of our CRT reservations. How are most girls dressed for CRT? My DD is 5. She loves princesses and dressing up. I want to buy her a new princess dress because the ones she has at home are very worn and also getting small for her. But I have limited time and I dont have a Disney Store or anything like that near me. How much do the dresses cost at the park? I was thinking I could buy one the day of CRT and then just bring it with me for the BBB later in the week?

Do most girls have on Disney dresses? Or are there alot with just regular nice puffy dresses that aren't modeled after the Disney Princesses?

I dont know whether to order from DisneyStore online and get a cheaper dress ($40) and hope it gets here by next Friday. Or to wait and buy the dress at the store, so then at least she picks it out and its the right size. Or to just bring a regular fancy dress for her to wear?

I dont WANT to spend $60+ on a dress, but want it to be special for her and all that. WWYD?

We bought the girls Jasmine dresses (outfits) at the store in MK last year. I believe they were 59.50 but we had a 20% coupon on the back of a quick service meal receipt. BBB would not take the coupon so my daughter ran over to the store and bought the costume since we were a few minutes early for our appointment. I don't know if they still do the coupon or not. As far as what is worn to the castle I have seen everything from princess dresses to regular park short and t shirt attire. We always put our girls in some kind of princess attire because that is what they want to wear but honestly the staff and characters pay just as much attention to one as the other. Or that is the way it seems to me and we have been there several times.

Not sure how big your daughter or what specific dress you're looking for, but QVC has a couple of princess dresses for $25-30.

Luv4Disney - Thanks, I will check that out. She is 5, petite, but growing. Probably 38 or 39 pounds, 44 inches maybe? I just feel like the 1 size fits all dresses are getting too short and are hard to fasten in the back. I was hoping to be able to pick a size. Toys R Us only sells the 1 size fits all for ages 3+.

Definitely get her something special to wear. They are only this age once, and you will cherish the photos later.

The dresses you buy in the park (even the $60 ones) tend to be pretty scratchy, so have a t-shirt or tank top to put under it in case she is bothered by it.

Many little girls at CRT are dressed up. Not sure of the percentage, maybe 30%???? I'd say half of the tables in the restaurant had at least one little girl dressed up. So she won't feel left out if she doesn't, but there will be plenty who are. You do see fancy non-costume dresses sometimes, but not often. Some wear custom Disney items, with intricate applique work. It's a lot of fun to see all the creativity on display!

Just don't wait until the last minute if she has her heart set on a certain princess. Rapunzel for example was recalled and they still dont' have those back in the park. And occasionally the BBB location will be out of a certain princess in a certain size.

I would definitely let her dress up. If she is into princesses and doesn't dress up she will see another girl there that is all dressed up and wish that she had :) and also the princesses at CRT will make a big deal about her being a "princess" :)

We were there 3 weeks ago, did BBB and CRT. I forget dd's princess dress at home :sad2: so we had to look for one there. THe dresses in the parks are $60. We decided to go with the skirts (think princess dresses without the tops but lots more tulle ). Actually dd 6 liked the skirts better because they were "puffier". We got the yellow Belle skirt and paired it with a Belle long sleeved t shirt and a pair of leggings that we brought from home and it was cute. The skirts were $30ish. Actually we saw a lot of these types of outfits. The choices in skirts are ; Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, and Ariel. I don't recall any blue Cinderella skirts ? There may be others but that is all we saw.

Have fun! What a magical experience. :love:

I definitely want her to dress up, and she will want to too. I am just in a pickle about where to get the dress. I hate to pay the prices in the park, but it looks like that may be my only option...

I like the idea of getting a tulle skirt though! That seems much more wearable and comfortable.

Just wanted to say don't give up on changing your BBB appointment. Call every day and see if they have any openings that would work on the day of your CRT appointment. Just makes sure they make the new appointment FIRST and then cancel the old one so you don't end up losing both.

Amazon.com has princess dresses in various sizes and if you sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime you get free 2 day shipping. Just a thought.

Tip: If you do that put the cancellation date for the Prime membership on your calendar so you don't forget. ;)

Hi
I was in the Disney store(NJ) last week and they had alot of dresses on the sale racks. Not sure if you have a Christmas Tree shop around but their dresses are usually pretty nice.
The other option is if you have a Disney Visa some of the stores in DDD and on property give a discount when u use the card. Check the site and you have to ask for it.
Have a great time.
Mary Kay

I'll try the Xmas tree shop.

I do have Amazon Prime, but didnt see anything great there. And I am unsure about sizes on those. i think the 4-6x are the "1 size fits all" dresses and thats what we already have. None of the Cinderella dresses looked that nice and the ones that did were like $50 so at that price I might as well just buy it at the park and be sure it fits.

We had breakfast at CRT on Jan 16. I purchased a beautiful RED dress at a local store prior to flying down. It wasn't a Disney dress and I really liked that b/c she stood out from all the other little princesses. princess: All the CMs at the castle make everyone feel special, regardless of what you're wearing. I would say 1/2 of the kids were dressed up. I paid $40 for the dress and it is something she can wear again at Christmas or another special occassion.

Can't figure out how to post a photo :confused3

We are taking DD5 to CRT on the day of her birthday during our April trip. I too have been deciding if I should let her wear a disney princess dress or a regular fancy dress. I think I am going to go with a fancy regular dress. She always wants the very fancy puffy dresses, so I thought this would be a good reason to buy one, and then she can also wear it as her Easter dress a couple weeks later. I never justify buying the extra fancy dresses, and I figure she will also likely wear it for just playing dress up as well. I am planning on maybe doing gloves for her as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter