Princess Half Marathon

jsmla

DIS Veteran
DD would like to do this in 2018 but isn't sure of her work schedule. Does this book up way in advance?

Thanks!

Yes, I've looked into doing it before (I haven't) but every time I remember to check even a month after it is already booked up. Now she could always run for a charity but then if you do that you have to commit and PAY for the entire amount you are committed to raise (there is typically a required minimum for the race spot much higher then the cost to run if you just purchased).

So the short answer is yes you need to decide when they open registration and book. The long answer is you could still run if you are willing and able to fund raise... Your best luck with fund raising is to stat super early though... Good luck!

EDIT: This year I'm clearly more focused on my pregnancy and house purchase then I am on my dream races... as such I thought to check to see if it was sold out after I posted. Unfortunately the princess 1/2 is already sold out for 2018 so the only options left are to run for charity. There is a reason you can sign up for reminders for these Disney events. Sorry :(

I don't see how, when you go to the registration page it is completely sold out. I've never heard of a race keeping openings through travel agencies but I could be wrong. As I mentioned she could always run for charity.

Looking at the charity options for instance children's miracle network is already mostly filled and taking names for a list as they finalize the current list of people registered. Going down the list the autism speaks seems to have openings but you have to raise 1200 to run...

Autism speaks:
https://act.autismspeaks.org/site/T...&NONCE_TOKEN=D8A1C237F9F62CF5D33086530C859045

Registration page for general princess 1/2

https://endurancecui.active.com/new...1fb04579ee&e4rt=Safetynet&_p=7397879938546146

Note if you go to the site it looks like there are still openings until you go to the active site and realize those openings are for the children's runs they have... not the 1/2 marathon...

I've never heard of a race keeping openings through travel agencies

TAs seem to still have spots. (Though when I check vs when you do might be different)

Over on FB there's a page called "rundisney run marketplace". Join it and look for the TA posts.

Rundisney events, especially princess, are things that you book and then create your schedule around. If she wants to do it in 2018 she needs to find a TA or charity that has a spot, book it, and create the work schedule to allow her to do it.

Yes but she'd have to get hotel and tickets through them (at least 2 days I think).

Thanks, she's going to try with Magical Moments. Does anyone know if these park tickets can be upgraded? Not sure about exact dates or hopping yet. She finishes her residency in July so hasn't even started her new job yet.

Thanks again!

TAs seem to still have spots. (Though when I check vs when you do might be different)

Over on FB there's a page called "rundisney run marketplace". Join it and look for the TA posts.

Rundisney events, especially princess, are things that you book and then create your schedule around. If she wants to do it in 2018 she needs to find a TA or charity that has a spot, book it, and create the work schedule to allow her to do it.
Thanks, we're very new to this. DD has been in residency for three years with no time for Disney and I only run if there's a bear behind me, maybe a big mean dog :rolleyes1

I stated to research travel agencies after posting... I'd never considered they would keep them open but i guess Disney races are very different to the races I'm use to running! I'll have to keep them in mind if I ever decide to run a Disney race.

Are there certain agencies that are reputable? My biggest concern not going through Disney or an authorized charity would be a scam.

Thanks, she's going to try with Magical Moments. Does anyone know if these park tickets can be upgraded? Not sure about exact dates or hopping yet. She finishes her residency in July so hasn't even started her new job yet.

Thanks again!
Pretty sure they are, best to ask the TA to confirm.
I stated to research travel agencies after posting... I'd never considered they would keep them open but i guess Disney races are very different to the races I'm use to running! I'll have to keep them in mind if I ever decide to run a Disney race.

Are there certain agencies that are reputable? My biggest concern not going through Disney or an authorized charity would be a scam.
Stick to the ones on runDisney's site.

TAs and charities get allotments of bibs separate from regular registration. You'll often see organizations advertising them before regular registration opens, and even trying to unload extras close to the race.

We've used acclaim travel in the past. They had no Princess Half Marathon spots when I checked today. But in general they are good. And they tend to start selling registrations at about the time that ap and dvc can register. (They start when rundisney allows them to start)

There is a process to it (registering with a TA), and a wait. You can see nervous people in individual race threads waiting to get their active.com link from TAs and then being grateful and relieved that they got them. It's not as immediate as registering directly. But it works.

The other interesting thing about TAs is that many do offer the ability to cancel. There is a timeframe (it's not good for last minute cancellations) and there is a fee (you don't get a full refund), but it can help many people. And it's good to know about the cancel date for TAs because if you're looking for a late registration those TAs with cancellations then try to sell those bibs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter