Princess Kate Picture "Kill Notice "

I don't think anything weird is going on or any sort of cover up about her health. I think she is probably having a difficult recovery and needs to rest. She looks stunning in the photo and to be honest, I never would have noticed the photoshop.

I agree. I think the princess is entitled to privacy regarding personal matters, like everyone else, and can choose to share details with the public if and when she sees fit. The photo is lovely; they are a beautiful family.

Wife of the future king, mother of the future king, no path to ever assume the monarchy herself -- deserving of medical privacy and right to recuperate privately without pressure. Zero threat to the constitution.

Woman pulled herself together to be dressed, made up and styled after giving birth (after three challenging pregnancies no less) in order to feed the voracious demand for photos. It was announced that she was having surgery and needed time out of public view and public duties to recuperate and significant updates would be given. That's what's happened and yet social media and the corporate media machine won't leave it alone, rumor mill run amuck. She's spotted in a car and that image is hammered into 52 different conspiracies. Put out a photo to mark Mother's Day and that's wrong, picked apart and the flames get higher.

No doubt there's a lot of things about the monarchy that are problematic. This isn't about the monarchy. This is a matter of simple humanity. Just wish a fellow human being get well and find something else to pick at.

Interesting! Any idea what types of grasses are commonly used for lawns in the UK? Around here it’s Bermuda, Zoysia, and Fescue (or so I’m told).

Ryegrass is the most common used grass type in Ireland and UK. Its a native grass type and is the grass thats used at Wimbledon.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, rye is most common, though there are many others. You see brown, parched grass sometimes (more southeast) in very hot, dry weather; but, personally, I'm not at all used to the idea of brown grass in winter.

I cannot understand the hoopla. Notice it wasn't captioned "Look how well I'm recovering," in which case you'd expect a recent photo. No, it was captioned "Happy Mother's Day", which means all it is is a snap of her and her kids that could have been taken any time and posted to mark, wait for it, MOTHERS DAY. Not RECOVERY DAY.

The royals frequently use pictures from past events or photo shoots to mark current occasions. For example, their Christmas card photos are often taken from events that happened earlier in the year. So why does this have to be different? Why can't she just post a family snap for the holiday like millions of other people did?

I think all she wanted to do was send a shout out to mothers. I don't even think it was to quell the recent rumors which, IMO, are nothing but a bunch of people with nothing to do just tossing stuff into the void to see what they can get to stick for points on social media.

Nothing is as sinister as all that. And as far as the editing, so what? Maybe there was a fly or a distracting beam of light or a thread hanging loose or a spot of dirt. Who cares? The woman had surgery, is recovering, updates are being provided on the schedule announced at the time (so, none, since nothing significant has happened), and that's all the world needs to know.

I did wonder if perhaps it was a winter rye but the shrub or tree in the background has a leaf structure the seems like a leaf that in my much more southern area won’t appear for a few more weeks.
I'm not sure what the tree/shrub is, or, obviously, when the photo was taken (maybe need a horticulture expert for that!). Our climate and flora are very different from most of North America, though. We're mild, wet and very green!!!!! Plus, it's been a mild winter and a lot of greenery is appearing early.

I'm not sure what the tree/shrub is, or, obviously, when the photo was taken (maybe need a horticulture expert for that!). Our climate and flora are very different from most of North America, though. We're mild, wet and very green!!!!! Plus, it's been a mild winter and a lot of greenery is appearing early.
Isn't England actually considered a rain forest climate?

How does being an island in the ocean impact its climate, as opposed to Kansas, Ohio, etc? Maybe it's not entirely dependent on how far north or south one place is in comparison to another?

I cannot understand the hoopla. Notice it wasn't captioned "Look how well I'm recovering," in which case you'd expect a recent photo. No, it was captioned "Happy Mother's Day", which means all it is is a snap of her and her kids that could have been taken any time and posted to mark, wait for it, MOTHERS DAY. Not RECOVERY DAY.
Well said. I haven't even read the rest of your post, yet, but I had to quote this straight away!!! 😄 I haven't seen anyone else point this out.

The press may have 'standards' for altered images - and I'm fine with that, especially with AI snowballing. I just wish they had higher standards for certain other aspects of media reporting and representation.

Also, is it just me that doesn't really like the extreme language of 'kill notice'? It reminds me of the panic when computers used to throw up the message, 'fatal error'.! 😲🤣🤣 ...Dial it down for the sake of our collective mental health!

The royals frequently use pictures from past events or photo shoots to mark current occasions. For example, their Christmas card photos are often taken from events that happened earlier in the year. So why does this have to be different? Why can't she just post a family snap for the holiday like millions of other people did?

I think all she wanted to do was send a shout out to mothers. I don't even think it was to quell the recent rumors which, IMO, are nothing but a bunch of people with nothing to do just tossing stuff into the void to see what they can get to stick for points on social media.

Nothing is as sinister as all that. And as far as the editing, so what? Maybe there was a fly or a distracting beam of light or a thread hanging loose or a spot of dirt. Who cares? The woman had surgery, is recovering, updates are being provided on the schedule announced at the time (so, none, since nothing significant has happened), and that's all the world needs to know.
Except it was said that it was taken earlier this week. If they want their privacy respected it would have been better to do nothing than release an obviously doctored supposedly recent photo which of course will invite speculation.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, rye is most common, though there are many others. You see brown, parched grass sometimes (more southeast) in very hot, dry weather; but, personally, I'm not at all used to the idea of brown grass in winter.
Here (SE US) it’s just the opposite. Our grasses are warm weather varieties that are green in summer and go dormant during the winter.

Yes and no. They always post for mother day, so no surprise there. It was the second sentence which made it about her surgery and trying to show she is alright. Mother's Day was merely an excuse to post an update.

Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the last two months.

Isn't England actually considered a rain forest climate?

How does being an island in the ocean impact its climate, as opposed to Kansas, Ohio, etc? Maybe it's not entirely dependent on how far north or south one place is in comparison to another?
Officially I think the UK (not just England 😉😉) has a "temperate" climate and any specific areas that are considered rainforest are "temperate rainforest" (as opposed to tropical rainforest). All that coastline with a, comparatively, much smaller inland area definitely makes a difference, yes.

So some internet sleuths have figured out it was likely taken before Xmas before\after an charity event- everyone in same clothes (minus some color manipulation), same shoes, etc.

The idea that Kate edited the photo herself (and took out her wedding ring) is laughable and if she did it would be simple to say here is the unedited version... but nope.

I have a hard time picturing fitted jeans post an abdominal surgery so intense it required a two week hospital stay and its clear the picture isn't recent...

Which there might be plenty of good reasons for some of which might be she has been judged for so long that she doesn't want any photos until she looks her best... but still nothing about that photo rings correct.

Stupid question will the AP etc. pull any type of photos that have been Photoshop in anyway? Is this like a standard? I mean it can’t be in this day and age that pictures aren’t Photoshoped in someway. Is there a rule that pictures have to be completely original? I mean, how does the fact that charlotte’s sweater and wrist has been manipulated affect the overall picture? I mean when they first posted this on social I didn’t notice any of this until the media started nitpicking.

My only comment is why so people so hung up but she’s not wearing a wedding ring. I usually have mine on all the time but there are many times where I’m not wearing it.

Except it was said that it was taken earlier this week.
Was it? Fair enough. :thumbsup2

It was probably a little casual on W&K's part - the photography and editing. Catherine is a keen amateur photographer, not a professional, but she has a history of getting lovely images of her children, because they are more relaxed and natural with her. I suppose her editing is usually better than this and she probably needed more support this time (somewhere along the line), but my guess is that the photograph is essentially innocent and honest. I hope so.

Even without surgery, all the stress of the last few years and constantly living life under a huge, critical microscope must have taken their toll. I'd say she should be supported in having a good break (without the conspiracy theories and yet more criticism) so that when she returns to her public role she has the strength to deal with it.

Here (SE US) it’s just the opposite. Our grasses are warm weather varieties that are green in summer and go dormant during the winter.
Most areas here are green all year round. I don't remember a brown lawn ever.

I wonder what grass Disney uses in Orlando to keep it that green regardless. Or do the Seven Dwarfs come out at night and paint it?! 🤣

My only comment is why so people so hung up but she’s not wearing a wedding ring. I usually have mine on all the time but there are many times where I’m not wearing it.

I agree. For years I put my rings on first thing everyday. When Covid started, I was still working as an RN. Those first months when everything was so unknown, most nurses I worked with cut back on even wearing their rings. Being home so much for months, I kind of slacked off at home too. So much easier when hand washing so frequently. And applying lotion to my hands that get like sandpaper in the winter. Now, I mostly put my rings on only when I’m leaving the house. We’ve been home all weekend, I haven’t had my rings on since Thursday. Doesn’t mean I’m not happily married.

Stupid question will the AP etc. pull any type of photos that have been Photoshop in anyway? Is this like a standard? I mean it can’t be in this day and age that pictures aren’t Photoshoped in someway. Is there a rule that pictures have to be completely original? I mean, how does the fact that charlotte’s sweater and wrist has been manipulated affect the overall picture? I mean when they first posted this on social I didn’t notice any of this until the media started nitpicking.
Yes, I was reading they have very strict standards. They allow minimal changes like cropping or color balance, but nothing that alters the original subjects, not even to correct red eye, apparently.

I personally feel it should be okay to run an altered photo if the headline of the story is “Royal family releases badly photoshopped picture,” but I guess even that runs afoul of some publication’s standards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter