Princess Makeover Panic!!!

just had a look at your photos thank you, your little girl is gorgeous and looks sooooo happy!
i would love my daughter to have the makeover too, but can you just tell me did you daughter stay with you throughout or did she go off with the princess? the reason i ask is my daughter can be quite clingy in certain situations and would be reluctant i think to just go off without me.

You stay with your LO the whole time. There is no princess involved in the makeover, we were very lucky that they were in the hotel lobby when her makeover finished.

The makeover salon is above the lobby, on the second floor balcony. Your LO will first sit and get her hair done by the makeover artist, and you can sit with her, Rosebug was a bit nervous at first so I just sat and held her hand for a while. Then she will move to the other side of the dressing table for her make-up, and again you can sit next to her. Once she is done, depending on the package, she will go to the back of the area and have her photos done, and you will be there to get her to pose etc.

HTH!
xxx

You stay with your LO the whole time. There is no princess involved in the makeover, we were very lucky that they were in the hotel lobby when her makeover finished.

The makeover salon is above the lobby, on the second floor balcony. Your LO will first sit and get her hair done by the makeover artist, and you can sit with her, Rosebug was a bit nervous at first so I just sat and held her hand for a while. Then she will move to the other side of the dressing table for her make-up, and again you can sit next to her. Once she is done, depending on the package, she will go to the back of the area and have her photos done, and you will be there to get her to pose etc.

HTH!
xxx

thanks for that, its good to know what to expect. Do you mind me asking how much it costs please and how long the experience lasts? did you book before going out there or waited until you were there? :)

Hi guys, just seen this now! my friend was there last week and got a makeover for her little girl. So its still on at the moment. Hope this helps.

Jenny - have you emailed them again to remind them? Have to say when I have emailed them about something, I normally give them a week to 10 days then forward back asking for a reply - sometimes I then get one quite quickly, or I end up having to send a third time a week or so later! Appreciate that they must get so many emails to deal with, but their tardiness at replying to people is something that really does annoy me. :rolleyes2

I will do that now! I have been meaning to email them again so thank you for the reminder!! :thumbsup2

Email sent - watch this space...

thanks for that, its good to know what to expect. Do you mind me asking how much it costs please and how long the experience lasts? did you book before going out there or waited until you were there? :)

There are various prices for various packages, and I can't remember exactly. It ranges from 40euro I think for hair and make-up, up to 130e (I think) for the big package which is what Rosebug had (present from Granda).This included Snow White dress, hairband, bag, doll, action figure dress up set, hair, make-up and photos taken - plus one A4 print. The whole thing lasted maybe 40minutes.

You can't book before you go, but I would advise to go first thing on your first day to get a slot. We went in at 9am to book and couldn't get a slot til much later in the day. You have to pay when you book, and you do this at the boutique in the DLH.

HTH
xx

How quick was this....!!

"'Princess for a day' reservation are made directly at the boutique. At the moment we have availibity on all those dates. But to avoid disappointment, it is recommended you reserve on arrival.Our boutique 'Gallery Mickey' opening hours are 8am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday.

If we can be of anymore assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Josephine,
Gallery Mickey Boutique
Disneyland Hotel
01.60.45.65.98"

Yipppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: princess: :cheer2: princess: pixiedust:

At the request of another member I went into the DLH boutique and specifically asked about this - I even managed to get myself the manager to speak to although I only speak a little French. :D

There will be no closure of the makeover offer at all this year because of the "high demand."

At the request of another member I went into the DLH boutique and specifically asked about this - I even managed to get myself the manager to speak to although I only speak a little French. :D

There will be no closure of the makeover offer at all this year because of the "high demand."

Wow this is fab news thanks all. :yay::banana:

:thanks:

I just hope that the "high demand" won't mean that we miss out!!! :rotfl2:

I can't book it until we arrive, but I wanted to arrange it for the day we have lunch in Auberge which I wanted to book before we go :rolleyes:

Vala beat me to it :thumbsup2.

Good news for you Jenny :cloud9:. I will keep everything crossed that you can book. I believe you can only book on the morning that you want it can't you? So, hopefully it should mean you will get a good chance.

My little DD is desperate to have this done after seeing it on TV (WDW advert). As they still don't know that we are going I am keeping this 'quietly' to myself for now ;).....

Vala beat me to it :thumbsup2.

Good news for you Jenny :cloud9:. I will keep everything crossed that you can book. I believe you can only book on the morning that you want it can't you? So, hopefully it should mean you will get a good chance.

My little DD is desperate to have this done after seeing it on TV (WDW advert). As they still don't know that we are going I am keeping this 'quietly' to myself for now ;).....

I think you have to book it in the boutique so I plan to make it one of the first things I do on arrival (Weds) for the Saturday. :confused3

You are good keeping a secret - are you about to burst yet?!! I told Isabelle last summer 10 sleeps before our trip and it was so magical! pixiedust:

I think you have to book it in the boutique so I plan to make it one of the first things I do on arrival (Weds) for the Saturday. :confused3

You are good keeping a secret - are you about to burst yet?!! I told Isabelle last summer 10 sleeps before our trip and it was so magical! pixiedust:

Oh I thought you had to book on the morning - but I could be wrong (usually am). No harm in trying to book in advance is there :thumbsup2. Do you know which package Isabelle would like? I wish they changed the Princesses a bit - Mulan/Jasmine/Merida would be a nice change!

Actually, all the trips we have done, we've only ever told the girls on the day but I think DD1 in particular is getting wise (Mummy always on DISBoard, new Disney clothes, packing :rotfl2:). We agreed this trip we will tell them at the weekend before we go (so 4 sleeps before! :banana:). As it's Christmas crafts at school for them that week, it will be a special Christmassy week, so I'd like their excitement to build during that week, and them be able to share it with their friends etc :cloud9:. Having said that, when potentially we have very little sleep for that week due to excitement, I might think differently :rotfl2: (that is one of the main reasons we have never told them in advance ;), aside from the fact we love surprising them!).

Oh I thought you had to book on the morning - but I could be wrong (usually am). No harm in trying to book in advance is there :thumbsup2. Do you know which package Isabelle would like? I wish they changed the Princesses a bit - Mulan/Jasmine/Merida would be a nice change!

Well she did ask for Mulan but I said that I didn't think she was an option!!

Do you think they do Rapunzel? She has a gorgeous dress from US that she could wear... or Cinderella or Aurora or Belle....!!! Although Belle dress is still a bit big TBH it is my absolute favourite...! Queue gratuitous photos of my baby girl...

You can book in advance, but only in person, at the boutique in DLH, and pay up front. So you could go in on the Wednesday and book for the Saturday. :thumbsup2

When Rosebug got her's done in August we were told that if we wanted a different princess we could ask, so maybe there is a possibility of Jasmine, Merida or Mulan. Maybe worth an ask when you book.

They do Rapunzel; Tiana; Ariel; Tinkerbell; Snow White as set packages including dresses etc.

You can book in advance, but only in person, at the boutique in DLH, and pay up front. So you could go in on the Wednesday and book for the Saturday. :thumbsup2

When Rosebug got her's done in August we were told that if we wanted a different princess we could ask, so maybe there is a possibility of Jasmine, Merida or Mulan. Maybe worth an ask when you book.

They do Rapunzel; Tiana; Ariel; Tinkerbell; Snow White as set packages including dresses etc.

Thanks Rosebug :thumbsup2. I wasn't too keen to do this but Mum is slowly persuading me :lmao:, and now I know they may be able to do 'other' Princesses DD1 would probably be more interested - I'd probably go for more facepaint like you did, not so much makeup. DD1 is due a new Princess dress anyway ::yes::.

Vala confirmed for me that you can book in advance (way in advance by the sounds of it), meant to post it here today and I forgot!

Well she did ask for Mulan but I said that I didn't think she was an option!!

Do you think they do Rapunzel? She has a gorgeous dress from US that she could wear... or Cinderella or Aurora or Belle....!!! Although Belle dress is still a bit big TBH it is my absolute favourite...! Queue gratuitous photos of my baby girl...

Oh my goodness - Jenny, she is just gorgeous. So natural and so, so pretty. Beautiful dress too - no wonder you wanted to show them off hun :lovestruc.

Sounds like Mulan might be a go as Rosebug mentioned :thumbsup2. Thinking about it, I suppose all they have to do is amend the facepaint if you are not getting a dress. But even with a dress package, they tend to have most of the dresses anyway.

Rosebug - I seem to recall you got Shareholder's discount but not the full 10% - was that correct? Wonder if they do Dream AP discount?

Oh my goodness - Jenny, she is just gorgeous. So natural and so, so pretty. Beautiful dress too - no wonder you wanted to show them off hun :lovestruc.

Sounds like Mulan might be a go as Rosebug mentioned :thumbsup2. Thinking about it, I suppose all they have to do is amend the facepaint if you are not getting a dress. But even with a dress package, they tend to have most of the dresses anyway.

Rosebug - I seem to recall you got Shareholder's discount but not the full 10% - was that correct? Wonder if they do Dream AP discount?

I think with the dress packages it is whatever they have at the boutique shop. I can't see it being a problem, as, like you say, all they have to do is amend the facepaint. I think it may be different for the packages (I wonder if they are slightly discounted? I can't remember) but all you would have to do is buy the dress and bits you want and ask if they can do the facepaint to match.

No, we forgot to use our Shareholder's discount on the makeover! It was our first stop and I had completely forgot about it!

I think with the dress packages it is whatever they have at the boutique shop. I can't see it being a problem, as, like you say, all they have to do is amend the facepaint. I think it may be different for the packages (I wonder if they are slightly discounted? I can't remember) but all you would have to do is buy the dress and bits you want and ask if they can do the facepaint to match.

No, we forgot to use our Shareholder's discount on the makeover! It was our first stop and I had completely forgot about it!

Thank you :). Actually, I think it might have been Tripadvisor where someone said they got SH discount but not full 10% as the boutique said certain items of the package weren't included in the discount scheme - presuming the cost of the facepaint service & photo package maybe? The dress etc probably were subject to discount. I suppose it would be cheaper to buy the bits myself with AP discount 20% and then pay for the paint/photo package on it's own - and that means we get the Princess we'd like - good plan Rosebug!

Aw Isabelle is goergus:goodvibes

how does the rapunzel one work do you need to take/buy a wing?
Also are all the make overs with the facepaints or can you get make up?
Love to hear from those who go b4 us (march 23rd). So please do reviews-tr ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter