Princess race weekend

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We snagged a confirmed dvc reservation but I didn’t realize it’s the princess race weekend. Our plan was to do Epcot on that Sunday but it opens later because of the race. Would it be better to do MK that day or Epcot?

Last edited:
There won’t be that much a delay opening of Epcot as the races are run early in the AM pre park Open

Depending where you are staying keep in mind with the half this weekend that the course starts at Epcot then goes down to magic then loops back to Epcot

There won’t be that much a delay opening of Epcot as the races are run early in the AM pre park Open

Depending where you are staying keep in mind with the half this weekend that the course starts at Epcot then goes down to magic then loops back to Epcot
Epcot opens at 10 am instead of 9 am that day so I was wondering if we should do MK instead or still do Epcot. Will the parks be crazy busy because of the race weekend?

Epcot opens at 10 am instead of 9 am that day so I was wondering if we should do MK instead or still do Epcot. Will the parks be crazy busy because of the race weekend?
Yes, it will be extremely busy. Many Northeastern schools are off for the entire week so that adds to the crowds. 100% don't forget to pack those patient pants.

Yes, it will be extremely busy. Many Northeastern schools are off for the entire week so that adds to the crowds. 100% don't forget to pack those patient pants.
Shoot I should’ve looked at the calendar before booking it. Thanks for your response. We’re local so going to the parks isn’t a huge deal. We might end up doing more of a resort stay instead. Do you think MK or Epcot would be better on that Sunday? Or maybe it won’t matter which we choose

Shoot I should’ve looked at the calendar before booking it. Thanks for your response. We’re local so going to the parks isn’t a huge deal. We might end up doing more of a resort stay instead. Do you think MK or Epcot would be better on that Sunday? Or maybe it won’t matter which we choose
As far as schools on Presidents’ Day week break on Sunday they should mostly be traveling back home for work/school on Monday
As for what park of the two would be less busy it’s hard to say as I’m sure “princesses” will want to take medal pictures on the hub grass/by the castle at magic as well as get pictures with the actual princesses

As far as weekend “host” princesses (and queens) go it would be mostly contained to MK however anna & Elsa meet in Epcot and that’s the 19.3 challenge theme

Truthfully I don't think it will matter. Maybe Epcot on sunday but there isn't a festival going on so *maybe* it won't be as bad. I've been this week before and was so taken aback by how busy it was. I ended up doing more a resort/Disney Springs trip too because the parks were....a lot.

Where are you staying and are you driving or using Disney transportation? There will be some road closures on Epcot Center Drive and World Drive, but they should clear early as the race should be finished by 9:30.

MK will get VERY busy after the half because runners will be wanting the iconic photos with their medals. I know that I went to the park to get pictures taken in front of the castle and everywhere else I could. And people who do the challenge REALLY want photos with their medals in front of the castle. If you have park hoppers, I would start at MK and then move to Epcot but if its one park for you -do Epcot.

Where are you staying and are you driving or using Disney transportation? There will be some road closures on Epcot Center Drive and World Drive, but they should clear early as the race should be finished by 9:30.
We’ll be at the Polynesian. I thought we would take the monorail over to Epcot. We would have our car though if driving would be better

MK will get VERY busy after the half because runners will be wanting the iconic photos with their medals. I know that I went to the park to get pictures taken in front of the castle and everywhere else I could. And people who do the challenge REALLY want photos with their medals in front of the castle. If you have park hoppers, I would start at MK and then move to Epcot but if its one park for you -do Epcot.
I think we’ll plan on Epcot for that Sunday then even though it opens later. We mostly want to go for early entry and then we’ll probably head back to the hotel

We’ll be at the Polynesian. I thought we would take the monorail over to Epcot. We would have our car though if driving would be better
No - driving is not better on a race day. The parking lot is a mess with the race - runners park there pre-race taking up thousands of spots, then spectators also come in so by the time the park guests are coming, they are parking in random rows with available spots and not in the same orderly fashion as a normal day.

the course typically goes down World Drive, the TTC, and MK and then back to Epcot - best bet is just to stay above it all, literally and monorail around.

No - driving is not better on a race day. The parking lot is a mess with the race - runners park there pre-race taking up thousands of spots, then spectators also come in so by the time the park guests are coming, they are parking in random rows with available spots and not in the same orderly fashion as a normal day.

the course typically goes down World Drive, the TTC, and MK and then back to Epcot - best bet is just to stay above it all, literally and monorail around.
Thanks. If we decide to go to Epcot we’ll make sure to take the monorail from the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter