• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Tea

Eeyore2003

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if this is still going on. On All Ears Net it said, "has been extended to 1/28/05. Does that mean it's not being done anymore??? In November we're thinking of taking my niece and that sure would be something nice and special.

The Princess Tea Party (Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri. from 10:30am-noon) and The Wonderland Tea Party (Monday-Friday at 1:30pm) are currently both still being offered at the Grand Floridian.

Yes I second that I just got off the phone with the priority seating people and He said that is still going on. But when I asked DD who I thought would be thrilled about it she replied"I would rather go to the pool" (she is 7) So I guess I am saving $200 and going swimming instead :rotfl2:

The Wonderland Tea Party is only around $30 if they want to do that. Alice and the Mad Hatter, who is a hoot, are there. We also met them at the character breakfast along with Mary Poppins, Pooh and Tigger. The pool is great, my girls did that the night we arrived in lieu of going to the MK :earseek: . I like the way the slide is set up, they travel under the waterfall to reach the stairs for it so if you seat yourself either to the left, right or dead center across from the waterfall you don't lose sight of your child. We were concidering going back to YC for our June trip but I was looking at the slide configuration and the entrance/exit are a little too spread out for the ages of my girls. I don't like to lose sight of them for that long in a crowded place.

rcraw45425 said:
The Wonderland Tea Party is only around $30 if they want to do that. Alice and the Mad Hatter, who is a hoot, are there. We also met them at the character breakfast along with Mary Poppins, Pooh and Tigger. The pool is great, my girls did that the night we arrived in lieu of going to the MK :earseek: . I like the way the slide is set up, they travel under the waterfall to reach the stairs for it so if you seat yourself either to the left, right or dead center across from the waterfall you don't lose sight of your child. We were concidering going back to YC for our June trip but I was looking at the slide configuration and the entrance/exit are a little too spread out for the ages of my girls. I don't like to lose sight of them for that long in a crowded place.
We usually stay at the beach club but this time decided to go monorail since we,ve added a baby to the family!! But you are right about that slide. It never is so crowded though that I felt unsafe with my ds. I would plop myself at the base of the slide and then he would go around(out of sight) and then appear on the stairs again. They also have a much smaller slide hidden in the back(kind of behind the ship) We go there and are often alone in that pool. It is a very small but deep pool(about 5 feet I think) 2 little slides- my guys love it.
and thank you for the tip on where to sit at the pool at the gf. Can I ask a ? Is this pool one of the walk in kinds- you know it gradually gets into the pool. I ask because my 2 year old would just run right in until he was under water.

It is zero entry at the beach side. My girls are 7 & 9 and they automatically went to the closest entrance, which was the steps/ladder combo. I think the deepest part of th epool that I saw was around 5 feet but don't quote me. I made DD7 use arm floaties for my own piece of mind. I watched my older one zoom down the slide into the water and was glad that the younger one had the floaties on her. As busy as the resort was this weekend I always saw available lounge chairs. There is also the quiet pool ( was theonly pool there in our '99 visit) that has a very shallow kiddie pool next to it. That is where the hot tub is located. As far as convenience to the waterfall pool, the Big Pine Key building is the closest. We were in Boca Chica which was a little farther away but had a view of the MK.

Thanks so much for the info everyone. I might check out the Wonderland Tea too. Having raised two boys (now in college), I was never able to do the "girly" things. She's 8, almost 9 in November, it will be her second time at WDW, so I think we're safe doing a couple of the "different" things, than rushing to rides everywhere ALL the time and we'd be there for 9 days!!! A long time for us. We usually only go for 5.

So now the debate is, just DH and myself, or take my nephew, age 12 on our trip to Colorado in August, our 20 year old will be coming to climb Long's Peak, and my nephew would love taking a vacation with "older cousin" and my 20 year old would like someone to play "poker, with!!! DH would like to do white water rafting too. Kind of a "boys" vacation.

Both would like it, and then take our neice to WDW with us in November, she's young enough to take out of school for that much time. She's still at the wonderful "magical" age and loves all the princess stuff. Heaven (and I) know, they don't stay young long and if you don't take the time to do these things now, they will be grown. They're our only niece and nephew and I think it's really perfect vacations for each of them.

I am desperately trying to get a PS for the Perfect Princess Tea Party for any date from April 24th - May 1st. It is completely booked. I call every day hoping a cancellation has happened, but unfortunately no cancellations yet. My DD is 5 and I think the perfect age for this event. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
ADP :goodvibes

When we went in aug. we were able to get ps the day before so keep trying
good luck

Does anyone know if you have to be 3 to attend, my little ones will be 2 1/2....

I just booked this for my 4DD and 2DD. The CM told me that my 2 year old could come since I would be there, but for them to recieve all the "goodies" I would have to pay the $135. I said that would be fine since I always try to do the same for both of mine. She might not know it now, but she will in years to come.

In January when we were upstairs in the store p/u our extra stuff from the Princess tea party I was talking to a manager for Grand Floridian. I asked her about the status of the tea party. She told me that it did start out on a trial basis but due to the popularity she felt it would be permanent and possibly expand. After doing the tea party once I was definately hooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter