Princess Weekend 2020

Sorry another question..is it possible for a spectator to get from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Ticket and Transportation center morning of Half Marathon? And can they use the resort monorail? Thank you 😊

Sorry another question..is it possible for a spectator to get from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Ticket and Transportation center morning of Half Marathon? And can they use the resort monorail? Thank you 😊
They would have to take race transport to Epcot and take ,monorail from Epcot to TTC

For those interested - these are the corral size changes. I'm not sure quite why we have so many people pushed back to corral H, but clearly we do.

I saw a lot of people on Facebook complaining that they had submitted POTs and somehow ended up in the last corral instead. Maybe that's why?

I saw a lot of people on Facebook complaining that they had submitted POTs and somehow ended up in the last corral instead. Maybe that's why?

That could certainly be it, although it seems odd that that many people got moved back. It also doesn't explain why Corral F lost so many people, since those are the non-PoT folks.

So can anyone take race transportation the morning of race to Epcot? Would they be able to take an Uber to TTC?
that is something I never thought about but I'd think no but they could take to resort in area. yes anyone can use race transport but there is certain time where it isn't running

I submitted a POT that should have put me in D and I’m In H.

The good news is that with the new registration system you can still access the PoT that you put in during registration. Screenshot it and take it to Runner Relations at the Expo and they should fix it if the error was on their end.

Hi Everyone! I’m in coral G what time around do you think I will be crossing the start line? My husband is trying to figure out timing for him and the kids to see me! Thank you! Also will the resort monorail be up and running that morning early?

I was in corral G last year, in the second wave and crossed the start line at 6:28.

I'm running in the 5K (first Disney race) and am planning on going directly from the race to HS to attempt getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass (and a Starbucks) before heading back to my resort for a quick shower. Hopefully that 8 am rope drop will still be in effect! Would it be better to take a Lyft to HS than one of the buses to Boardwalk and then walk or bus to the park?

Does anyone have any experience with submitting a registration after the POT deadline has passed but before corrals were released (bought bib through TA package)? If so, were you able to get into your appropriate corral?

I haven’t done it, but haven’t heard of issues as long as the POT is submitted with the registration process.

It can NEVER be too poofy! :cutie:

Sure it can. I’ve seen poof problems that result in the front floof going between the legs. I’ve experienced such wide pooftbay it impacts runners trying to go around them, either with size (especially if the tutu has Ursula tentacles attached) or scratching the arms shorter runners. And scratching the runner wearing it.

I'm thinking and hoping this won't happen again (I don't think it has ever happened before).

transportation problems do happen. I don’t know what happened at marathon, but hit the road early. 2014 *nighttime* W&D run (no longer in existence), corrals started going as buses were still unloading or waiting to unload. Couple years ago buses got backed up for Princess whole cars got through; they delayed the half (or 10k) for a bit to he. I think last year the opposite happened, with cars being delayed.

get on your mode of transportation early.

I am so torn on the expo. Normally I want to be there early/on time for opening but my husband is definitely not into going before and waiting in line.

Is he running? If not, go on your own.

(She was right on the border and probably should be in the first non-POT corral, but I'm nervous that because she submitted a POT that was a little slower than the cutoff they'll put her all the way in the back ... even though trackshack told me they'd corral her properly)

Hoe did it go?

Usually if you submit a POT for a time that‘s slower than you estimated they’ll put you in the back. You have to also change your estimated time in order to have them place you correctly. And really, if you have a POT that reflects a time that doesn’t require it...no actual need to submit. Just change the estimate.

hope it worked out better for her than what anticipate.

I've been using Jeff Galloway methods of walk, run, walk and it definitely helps! I start out doing really well and around 3.5 to 4 miles I can feel my legs getting tighter.

Are you drinking water?
Arw you fueling your 10k? Sounds like you aren’t.
And maybe slow down the run interval, or shorten it. Galloway himself told me (at Star Wars light aide 2016, I think) that he does 15 second intervals. I had been doing one minute intervals. He suggested I change to 30 seconds. “Nothing new for the race” went out the window. I tried it and felt less dead at the end of the half.

You should also note that the balloon ladies are incredibly friendly! They are so lovely and they want you to finish. If they pass you; you do not get (immediately) eliminated.... they passed me several times while I was waiting for characters. You will have time to catch up; the only time you might seriously get swept is on the half marathon if you are still struggling to run when the need to start re-opening highway routes.

I remember last year during the 10km there were about a hundred people in line waiting to meet Aurora and Prince Philip at the very end; but because we were already in Epcot we couldn't be eliminated. The cast members were just saying that the race is over and that we really need to get to the finish line.... but we all got our photo and we all got our medal! :lovestruc

to clarify for the newbies!!!!

balloon ladies are just people who pay for their entries and volunteer themselves to keep a 16mm pace from the back of the pack. They aren’t official. They aren’t the people who will sweep you.

and I think in recent years, honestly there’s no real spot where you’re really safe. Sweeping is less likely by a certain spot, but it could happen.

I don’t say that to scare newbies, but just to clarify.

I'm not sure if this is allowed but this blog has the 2019 corral info - https://noguiltdisney.com/2019-disn...thon-corrals-waivers-course-maps-event-guide/

External links are allowed unless they are blocked sites. You’ll know they are blocked because instead of letters it’ll show up as asterices. If you see that after you post a link, just delete the link or you’ll get in trouble.

We have one runner in f and 2 in g. Does that mean I need to go to g to run with them? Can they come to me?

The faster runner joins the slower. So F will go to G.

I'm running in the 5K (first Disney race) and am planning on going directly from the race to HS to attempt getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass (and a Starbucks) before heading back to my resort for a quick shower. Hopefully that 8 am rope drop will still be in effect! Would it be better to take a Lyft to HS than one of the buses to Boardwalk and then walk or bus to the park?
Take a Lyft. Managed to do this successfully twice during Marathon weekend on both the 5K and 10K days.

Hoe did it go?

Usually if you submit a POT for a time that‘s slower than you estimated they’ll put you in the back. You have to also change your estimated time in order to have them place you correctly. And really, if you have a POT that reflects a time that doesn’t require it...no actual need to submit. Just change the estimate.

hope it worked out better for her than what anticipate.

This isn't my first rodeo, which is why I knew to go with what TrackShack said. As they said she would be, she was corralled according to her POT. Yet another case of me being worried about absolutely nothing :).

Ok what am I missing, how do I know the what coral we are in for 5k and 10k? Am I just missing it?

Take a Lyft. Managed to do this successfully twice during Marathon weekend on both the 5K and 10K days.

Thanks for the reinforcement. That’s what I’d been leaning toward. Now that it’s February it feels like the race and my trip are just around the corner. I’ve only ever run 5Ks in Nashville so am looking forward to a 5K on a flat surface and running around EPCOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter