• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2022

Oh my goodness!!! How did you find out? Normal doc? Orthopedist?

Nothing like that, but I'm still waiting on my giant blister to work itself out. On Monday after the Half it was so puffed up and big it was translucent, and it went under the nail. Now it's weird and hard. I figure in about a month all that skin is going to come off, because that's the healing trajectory things like that have with me.

Let's be sure to do it. The driver needed better training and the people stopping him needed better training. I mean, we were RIGHT THERE the first time we entered Epcot, just not *exactly* where we needed to be. Someone could have met us and walked us in.
Went to an ortho and had an mri and X-rays done. I have a brace the size Of my entire leg right now.

and seriously. The whole thing turned me from upset to angry and is one of the reasons I never stopped to get ice. I just wanted to be back at the hotel.

Went to an ortho and had an mri and X-rays done. I have a brace the size Of my entire leg right now.

and seriously. The whole thing turned me from upset to angry and is one of the reasons I never stopped to get ice. I just wanted to be back at the hotel.

I so completely understand just wanting to be back.

Impressive brace size! My one trip to an ortho ended up in a ridiculous conversation where he ignored everything I said, so I'm always amazed when people are actually listened to. I need to try it again, or I won't be able to have the "revenge half".

I so completely understand just wanting to be back.

Impressive brace size! My one trip to an ortho ended up in a ridiculous conversation where he ignored everything I said, so I'm always amazed when people are actually listened to. I need to try it again, or I won't be able to have the "revenge half".

yeah this guy is great. He’s being SUPER conservative so I can get back to running as Quickly as possible. Come to New England hahaha

yeah this guy is great. He’s being SUPER conservative so I can get back to running as Quickly as possible. Come to New England hahaha

I might. I’m already talking about flying back to Florida to see my cousin’s podiatrist. When I find MDs it ends up seeming like they graduated last in their class and missed all the relevant class days when they were supposed to learn about my issue. When I find MDs for other people it’s not as bad. But for myself? Sigh.

Last edited:

Was Epcot open for spectators to walk through in order to reach the finish line area for the Princess half marathon? I'm posing this question to find out if my wife and son can walk through Epcot from YC to watch my daughter and me finish the TOT Ten Miler or will they need to take a bus. It seems ridiculous to have to take the bus to get to Epcot from YC, but the park doesn't open until 9:30 for resort guests.

Sorry @kps7795 but unless Epcot is open to guests, they won't let them cross through for the finish. But the bus is convenient and fast, so I wouldn't hesitate to take that. The route also goes through the Boardwalk, so unless it's critical they see you finish, they could easily walk over to the Boardwalk side of the lake and watch you there. It would be easier for you to find them there, too, as the spectator crowd will be smaller.

Sorry @kps7795 but unless Epcot is open to guests, they won't let them cross through for the finish. But the bus is convenient and fast, so I wouldn't hesitate to take that. The route also goes through the Boardwalk, so unless it's critical they see you finish, they could easily walk over to the Boardwalk side of the lake and watch you there. It would be easier for you to find them there, too, as the spectator crowd will be smaller.
Thank you. I was pretty certain that I already knew the answer to my question but I was hoping that someone might enlighten me otherwise. It's my 15 y/o daughter's first runDisney race and her first race beyond a 5K, so it's quite important to her to have my wife there to see her finish.

The route also goes through the Boardwalk, so unless it's critical they see you finish, they could easily walk over to the Boardwalk side of the lake and watch you there.

Just to clarify, the current half marathon course does not go through the Boardwalk area. Only the 10K does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter