• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2022

Is there any way to predict dates for Wine and Dine for 2023? Is there a pattern to which weekend it is? I loved running Princess, but we go as a family every November and I think for my next race, I'd want it to overlap with our family trip rather than taking a separate solo trip. Wine and Dine 2022 doesn't overlap this year - so fingers crossed for 2023!

Is there any way to predict dates for Wine and Dine for 2023? Is there a pattern to which weekend it is? I loved running Princess, but we go as a family every November and I think for my next race, I'd want it to overlap with our family trip rather than taking a separate solo trip. Wine and Dine 2022 doesn't overlap this year - so fingers crossed for 2023!

It's usually the first full weekend in November, as long as Halloween doesn't fall right on top of it, as I understand it. Best guess for 2023 at this point would be Nov 3-5.

Is anyone having trouble getting their race photos? I’ve “linked” mine according to RunDisney instructions and it says they were successfully linked and will be there (in “photos” in the MDX app) soon, but it’s been much more than 48 hours. I purchased Memory Maker and all the other park photos are there. Thoughts?

For the 10k I was 39/1196 in my age group! Crazy! Technically this is a 10k PR for me at 58:08. I did a faster 10k during my HM in January by about a minute, so strava counts that as my PR. Either way, I’m happy with the results. The first mile was about 10 mins working through the crowd then I was able to find my groove. The weather actually felt pretty nice to me despite the humidity though I would strongly have preferred it a little cooler For a PR attempt. It plays a factor for sure.

For the HM I was 347/1374 in my AG. My husband and I never intended to race this one. We don’t stop for characters but he ended up needing 3 bathroom stops and we slowed down a lot for the magic kingdom portion and to take a picture in front of the castle. We joke about a Disney PR versus a real PR because these races just belong in their own category. This one wasn’t even a Disney PR for us. My husband did well having not been running for a while and training for his first HM in over 2 years, and I was really proud of him. Since my quads were a little sore from racing the previous day, we ran at an easy long run pace and felt fresh headed into the finish. This also meant we were able to stick together the entire race, which I was happy about. Having started running hills regularly this year, the ramps were NBD, the weather was par for the course for Houston, and I actually got a decent nights sleep the night before. I felt the best I have ever felt before a Disney race. The early start the day before really helped to shift my schedule so I was awake and ready to go at 2:45. After the race, we got cleaned up and went to MK for the day. By 4:30 we were tanked, so we rode Big Thunder and headed out to watch TV for a couple of hours and were asleep by 8:30.

I really enjoyed this HM course. I know people complain about the highway, but it doesn’t bother me. It’s way more entertaining than most of my runs and the wide open space means less weaving and the ability to zone out a bit, which I definitely do on these longer runs. Then when you hit a park, it’s a nice break in the run and tons of scenery and crowd support. This was the first race I have run through MK and it was magical! We got there just before sunrise so got to see everything all lit up. Just beautiful!

Re: busses. We were at POR Riverside and had no bus issues. We were at the bus stop around 3:10, got on a bus quickly, and it was almost full, but not quite. We were in a bit of traffic headed into the drop off, but not too bad, and had plenty of time to get water, bathrooms, warm-up, and get into the corrals. We started hearing murmurings of busses stuck in traffic as we were waiting in the corrals and saw a few people trying to weave through us in S2 to make it up to S1 but by that point they had pulled us forward and it was packed pretty tightly.

This might have been my favorite race weekend ever? I've heard all the negativity about Princess Weekend but I didn't pick up on any of that at all. I was in the corral by myself this morning and women were so friendly and chatty all around me. So many women on course complimenting each others' costumes. Race etiquette was better. Everybody was just so nice. Overall it was a great experience.

Me too! I was mentally prepared for some drama after some of the stories I heard, but this was a great experience. The race etiquette was the best I have ever had at a rundisney race. The corrals actually seemed like people were honest about their times as I was in S2 for both races with a 2:00-2:15 HM and didn’t hit the wall of congestion at the start Like I have with other races. Run/walkers were signaling and trying to move off to the side before stopping and I didn’t hit a 5-wide group a single time. There was also a lot of camaraderie in the corrals with lots of costume discussions. Princess weekend is winning me over!

Is anyone having trouble getting their race photos? I’ve “linked” mine according to RunDisney instructions and it says they were successfully linked and will be there (in “photos” in the MDX app) soon, but it’s been much more than 48 hours. I purchased Memory Maker and all the other park photos are there. Thoughts?
Mine worked but I had some popping up a few at a time all day yesterday and I feel like we are still missing a few of my husbands. I did have to use the app to link it. The website didn’t work properly.

Wow! With photos and bathroom? I’m impressd!!!

Agreed. You made a great choice in that.

Would have changed at least the start to my Half. My HR is always high, I was sick in January, and starting the morning with my HR stupidly elevated while sweating like crazy even before starting didn’t help my performance in any way. Not sure what happened that we decided to go later, since we were telling others to get on the first or second bus, but…
I didn't stop at every character but at a few and then stopped to just snap a pic as I was going by with my camera on a couple!

Thank you to all of you for your great pointers and advice for those of us running in our first princess race!

I think someone in this thread mentioned arriving too late the day before the race to get to the Expo before it closed, and having to get the bib the morning of.

I am planning on coming out for a race later this year (W&D), and am planning on flight in the morning on the day before. Since the expo looks to close at 3pm that day, what happens if there's a flight delay and we're not able to make it in time? How does that work for getting not only the bib (to race) but also finisher shirt, post-race tickets, $15 GC, etc....

More thoughts about the run.

Expo: Friday afternoon, most things were still there but the super hot items like spirit jerseys and all the cups gone. But was able to get a little something in each race including a princess jacket and ornament. We got to go plates from club level, which was bagel, peanut butter, banana and apple.

10k: Got up early around 2:20 and out on the bus by 3. Bus was great from AKL. We made it on the first bus and got to meet and talk to one of my fav youtube rundisney peeps running with makeup. We took our time wondering around, I took pics in front of epcot. Then we met up with you guys. I was in group 2, so I did not worry too much about being in the front of the corral. I stayed toward the railing just cause I was not comfortable with the crowds and covid. I just loved taking it all in. Met some great people while waiting in the corrals. So much fun just talking to people. Then we were off. It was a little crowded in the beginning but spread out just fine. I did 30/30 run/walk intervals. I did 1:51:33 on my garmin at 6.66 miles. I had music on my but quickly turned it off and had fun for the first time running without music or podcast. Lines were long for character stops along the way so I just did selfies at most of them. But when I hit mile 5 I was like ohh I am almost done, I will stop at characters now. I stopped at goofy at boardwalk area. Then snow white and clarabell in epcot. I had to stop for bathroom to and I did it coming into HS the bathrooms right outside of the gates. Loved having a real bathroom, I needed the light and room with my big puffy tutu. I was trying to go easy since I needed to run tomorrow, I was really surprised how easy it was for me to run down here. I could just run soo much faster without getting out of breath so that was nice going from Colorado to Fl. I loved the course, I liked getting 2 parks out of it. I had no issues at all. Also loved my finish shot, I timed it just right with my jump and got it going across. After the run, I went to get my I did it pic and then we headed to the bus. AKL bus was there and hopped right on. Super easy. The best part, being in club level got a jungle juice mimoso to celebrate my first run.

1/2 Marathon: Mom set the alarm to 2pm... not 2am but luckily mom glanced at her phone and saw it was 2:15 am ... so did not sleep in. We got dressed quick and grabbed food to go (from the night before the club level breakfast again) and made it out by 3:45. We got on the 1st bus right before it pulled out. Super pleased. No stop at Kidani this time just strait to the run. Did a pic with the photopass photographer with my cape and then saw you guys. That was fun. Then headed to my coral. Stayed to the sides again met some other nice people. Everyone is just so nice. But then the waiting happened... we just kept waiting.... that sucked. We had no idea why. Wish they made som announcement why we were late. In my group we all tried looking up stuff by our internet was slow... but we started, 15 mins later. Once I started running though no complaints about the course. I was trying to hold my pee till MK, but did not make it, man do I hate going to the bathroom in the portajohns, they are soo dark and small. My goal was to try and make it to the castle while the lights were still on and boy was I not disappointed. I cried soo much down main st. I saw my mom, cheering me on and that made me cry even more.... it was just everything I dreamed of... So it is getting lighter as this point and saw a short line finally at Elena and so made a stop and found out it included Rapunzel too! I think people did not see Rapunzel hiding out there and just skipped Elana since she is a princess junior character. Super happy. Then ran through the castle and went in line to get the castle pic. I did a jump pic which the photographer said they got... (still have not seen said pic, it is lost right now and called up photopass about it). Then headed out of to frontier land for bathrooms... tummy was giving me issues. I stayed in the bathroom way to long but my tummy was much better and started running again. Then running out of MK. I just did selfies again since the lines were long, but did a great selfie, with anna and else that looks like it was just for me. Anna waved at me, since the one person was slow. Then mile 7 hit some short character lines again, Tina and Neve was a reasonable line probably cause everyone who wanted them took a pic with them yesterday and the princess Ant was super short so got that too. I ate my goo, around this point too and I skipped the stuff disney was giving out since I did not know how that would do for my body. Took a quick pic at the rando wagon, cause why not. Then saw Genie line was not to long and hopped in that one. Then did the ramp... ramp sucks with the tilt in the road. Home stretch.... with aladdin and abu and I waited in their line and now ran through Epcot. I have to say it was hot, now like I am super sweaty..... but I have way more energy in the tank than I thought I should have. I stopped for a pick with the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride and then I saw the gospel singers... I started crying. I knew I was almost at the end and finished with Garmin saying 3:30:10, running 13.73 miles. I am super pleased with my time, I stopped at multiple characters and two bathroom breaks. Me running 30/30 works really well for me. I tried really hard to stay to the right all the time. It was loved having energy at the end and being able to run up hills while other people were struggling. When getting my medals at the end I cried so more... I was just a big teary mess. I got pics at the I did photo area and then headed back to the AKL bus which was super easy.

I could not ask for a better time during my half marathon. This really was everything I hoped it would be and more. I did not experience any princess Karens... for the most part walkers stayed to the right, when I was running I almost always could find my on little path and run my own little race. Everything went smooth. I loved everyone I met while waiting for characters or corrals. The staff was all super nice too, everyone helped out me or my mom when we were unsure of something. I would sing out loud to songs and other people would join me, it was great.

Disney Marathon 2023 cannot come fast enough, I am hooked.

Last edited:
Had such a fun time running the Princess 10k with a friend! This was our first runDisney race and we didn't train as we planned on jogging/walking the entire race. I ran a 10 mile in October and hadn't run much since but figured I'd have no issues finishing at the very least, even if it wasn't pretty :laughing:

We went to the expo in the mid-afternoon on Thursday and I don't think anything was really sold out other than some sizes in things like the spirit jerseys. We waited around 30 minutes to get in and I'm glad we didn't wait any longer because I would have been very disappointed if we were there waiting for hours before it opened. We got some t shirts and a hat but that was it, it was nice getting our AP discount on stuff. The mug was cute but hand wash only and that was a no from us! I think I got to sleep around 11:15PM on the night before the 10k, better than I was expecting honestly.

We stayed at Movies and loved it, the resort feels like half the size of Pop and it was very quiet where we were. Missed the Skyliner but for a short trip, no big deal. We left our room around 3:20AM and walked right onto a bus around 3:25. We were at the park entrance to Epcot before 3:50, it went very smoothly and our bus driver knew exactly where to go. We ate our bananas from the runner's boxes they sold at the resort and then headed into our corral zones after that, not sure what time it was. I think we started walking towards the start around 4:37 (just trying to guess from memory) and we were in corral 3 probably in the middle of the pack and crossed the start around 5:25.

We were surprised at how everyone was jogging from the start, the course was nice and wide on the road at the start and there was no tripping over anyone or dodging at the start like we were expecting. Of course we needed the first bathroom stop since it had been a long time, and we used the mile 2 porta potties and waited close to 10 minutes. At this point the lines for characters were long enough that we skipped them all, though we did take photos at ToT and in front of topiaries since there were no photopass photographers and you only had to wait for a couple of people. Everyone offered to take photos or asked to have theirs taken. It did get tight going between HS and Epcot on the sidewalk and we were at the mercy of everyone in front of us for a while, so I can see why people get frustrated if you're trying to maintain a certain pace. We were just there to enjoy ourselves so we went with it, it wasn't crowded for that long so it was not a big deal at all for us. Most of the course was wide open when we were on it so it was awesome because we were expecting to be zig zagging during the whole race!

Everyone was so friendly, no drama that I could hear, no one running 3+ across. It was just a lot of fun! I was surprised by the ramps, they were a bigger incline than I expected but still not a problem since I usually train along the Mississippi River and am used to climbing for five minutes at a time! Lots of fun entertainment, loved the marching band on the freeway. It went by so fast, it felt like we blinked and the race was over. It was definitely very humid and we were dripping despite only running maybe half the time, we were very glad to finish around 7AM before the sun started beating down. I would 100% do Princess again as I love doing the mainly female races. The porta potties are much cleaner I must say :laughing:

We headed back to the resort and washed up, and ate breakfast at Movies. We made it into MK around 10AM and lasted all evening, we skipped the fireworks since we don't really like Enchantment and walked onto Peter Pan twice during the fireworks despite it listing 50 minutes, which you could clearly see it wasn't! My friend was quite tired but I had so much energy, oops! We got about 37k steps that day. We were quite sore that day and the next due to lack of training...I won't make that mistake again. Right...

I definitely have the runDisney bug now! I am booked at AKL for Marathon Weekend and just need to decide what I am going to do.

Last edited:
Sharing my thoughts for my first RunDisney weekend since Princess 2020. I stayed at Bay Lake Tower. It was my first time there and loved it for the convenience/location. It was perfect to walk on over after the race on Sunday. I had a lake view studio, overlooking Bay Lake and the Marina. We could see Spaceship Earth, the Swan/Dolphin, and Everest from the balcony!

Expo/Friday: I got to the expo around 2:00 on Friday after spending the morning at Epcot. We took the Skyliner to Riviera then took a bus to the Expo. I was disappointed about how much merch was already out of stock; but I had expected it. I didn't want to wait in the crowds, so that's what I got. I was able to pick up my pins for the half and challenge, and got the pink passholder corksicle. Getting my bib was easy. My friend and I went to runner relations in hopes that there would be a bib available for her (she decided to come just a few days before), but there were none. Also, this was expected, but it was fun to hope she'd be able to run. I picked up a pre-ordered Sparkle Athletic skirt, got some Sweaty Bands, and stopped by the Athletic Brewing booth. I'm an ambassador and I was stoked for a free non-alcoholic beer. I was taken aback that they weren't cold. Come on, folks! My friend and I took the bus to Beach Club then walked back to Epcot. We took the Monorail to the Poly and went to Kona Cafe for dinner, followed by watching the fireworks on the beach. It was my first time ever at the Poly, and I am in love. They made me the stir fry off of the lunch menu for dinner, and it was wonderful. Our other friend made it to BLT around 10 after an evening full of flight delays, and I didn't get to sleep until 11.
275002437_10160167475671983_3806087517802721063_n.jpeg

10K: I was up at 2:15 and dressed up in my Zenon (Girl of the 21st Century) outfit. I was on the first bus from Contemporary around 2:45. The bus trip was easy peasy. As I was on the bus, I realized I forgot to put my Currex insoles in my shoes (Saucony Endorphin Speed). I was a little panicky but thankfully the run was to be "only" 6 miles. I sat on the bleachers and ate my breakfast (pop tarts - quick sugars!) and drank my energy drink. After using the loo, I got into S2 as soon as it opened so I could do my warm up. I ended up having to go back to the porta john, but made it back up near the front of the start group. Once we moved and the race start was nearing, we saw at least 20 people come through the gates from the back of S2 or S3 by disconnecting them. :mad: I ended up being in the second row of S2 and we started at 5:10. I easily settled into my 3:00 run/1:00 walk intervals. Everything felt great except for the on/off ramps with their awful cambers. I ran really steady for the first 4 miles and stopped for some characters during the last two miles. I stopped for: Mickey (he was SO SHORT!), Chip & Dale, Goofy & Donald, Rapunzel. I closed with a fast (for me right now) last half mile, finishing in 1:13. Even with my character stops, my average pace was near my typical "easy" pace. Bussing back to the resort was easy.
zenon race.jpeg

Saturday: I spent the day at DHS with my friends. We didn't do a ton, and our ROTR ILL got cancelled due to the ride being down. We were back to the resort early and sat by the pool and got quick service dinner. I was asleep by 8!

Half Marathon: This was the day I was nervous about - a year ago I was on crutches with a high-risk stress fracture in my femoral neck. I had two calf strains since September due to my form. I was severely undertrained for my expectations, doing one back-to-back run weekend in the last two months before the race and having a long run of 8 miles. I cross trained a lot so I knew I was fit enough, but I was worried about my legs carrying me through.
I was up at 2:15 again, and dressed in my Elsa outfit. My friend and I were on the Monorail at 2:55 and got to Epcot around 3:15 - no issues. We went to the merch booth and SURPRISE they had the merch I wanted on Friday! After acquiring and gear checking the goods, we were off to the Start Groups just after they opened. It was obvious that Start 2 was HUGE. We ended up being pretty close to the front by the time we moved towards the start. As soon as they announced the delay my stomach turned and I needed to GO. We finally started (S2W1) at 5:21 am. I was trying to make it to the TTC or MK before stopping, but I knew as soon as I started I wouldn't make it that far. I had a good first couple of miles, settling into my 3:00 run/1:00 walk intervals, and stopped at the second set of porta johns. I felt so much better once I did! I did slow a bit after stopping, as it took me a while to get back into a rhythm, then I started to make some character stops. I was so excited to stop for Judy Hopps + Nick Wilde, and Anna). Just before mile 9 I started to feel very hot and changed my intervals to 2:00 run/:45 walk. It definitely helped and didn't affect my pace at all. Things definitely got hard once I hit mile 10 and the dreaded ramp. My legs were feeling the lack of training and the heat was getting to me. I stopped for some characters (Genie, Abu + Jasmine) and kept moving. My last two miles were my slowest, but I didn't care! I about lost my ish once I saw the gospel choir and Jeff Galloway, and had to hold back tears and calm my breathing. I was able to hold it together and finished in 2:40. Not my fastest Disney half, but also not my slowest. I was tired, but nothing truly hurt. It felt like a huge victory! It also is a great starting point to working towards goals again. I quickly stretched, got pictures and caught a bus. It took about 50 minutes to get back to Contemporary thanks to the MK traffic. It was rough, but I made it in plenty of time to shower before a 10:35 breakfast reservation.
274984133_10160167475481983_3538097165190267267_n.jpeg
Sunday/Monday: My friends and I went to Steakhouse 71 for breakfast on Sunday. I had the princess pink mimosa and the seasonal pancakes. They were phenomenal. My friends and I did G+ for the afternoon, as they had to leave around 5 for the airport. We did 5 attractions and got some pictures. Once they left for the airport, I packed up most of my things and took a short nap before heading back to MK for dinner and my last G+ reservation. I rope dropped MK on Monday to ride Space Mountain. By the time I did that, got Joffrey's and a waffle at Sleepy Hollow, the place was mobbed. I walked around, enjoying food, slushies and pin trading. By 2 I was over the crowds and very tired, so I headed back to the pool to relax. I met Brooke from BBBrooke and was thrilled. Then I had to take the dreaded trip back to the airport for my 9:00 flight back to Baltimore.
274980913_10160167474856983_8941494193555582582_n.jpeg

I think someone in this thread mentioned arriving too late the day before the race to get to the Expo before it closed, and having to get the bib the morning of.

I am planning on coming out for a race later this year (W&D), and am planning on flight in the morning on the day before. Since the expo looks to close at 3pm that day, what happens if there's a flight delay and we're not able to make it in time? How does that work for getting not only the bib (to race) but also finisher shirt, post-race tickets, $15 GC, etc....

Assuming the runner info booth is open the morning of the run (as it always is, and as they always say won't be) you'll get your bib.

You won't get anything else you need to pick up at the expo.

You need to get to the expo.

Thanks for the reminder to check again! My A&A didn't show up yet but my Incredibles one just did. Remind me: was Abu/Aladdin in the 10k or Half? I can't even remember :crazy:

Here is the photo for half marathon meet up :)
I really wanted to make the meetup for the half! But, the buses.
Next Princess weekend! Or SS weekend! Or W&D, MW! 🤣

Regarding the buses, I was coming from the Swan. The route had us also stopping at the Dolphin and the Boardwalk. I don't remember ever having multiple stops in the morning going to the start. My friends and I usually stay at the Dolphin for PHM weekend. Our bus was full after the Dolphin and couldn't pick up at BW, but stopped anyway. Our bus driver knew the way, but was waiting on the bus behind us because that driver didn't know the route. Then there was lots of traffic getting into Epcot. Overall it took about an hour. I was on the bus before 3am. I wasn't worried about making the start, just bummed about not having time for the meetup. But all those people in line at the BW had to have been very stressed.

I really wanted to make the meetup for the half! But, the buses.
Next Princess weekend! Or SS weekend! Or W&D, MW! 🤣

Regarding the buses, I was coming from the Swan. The route had us also stopping at the Dolphin and the Boardwalk. I don't remember ever having multiple stops in the morning going to the start. My friends and I usually stay at the Dolphin for PHM weekend. Our bus was full after the Dolphin and couldn't pick up at BW, but stopped anyway. Our bus driver knew the way, but was waiting on the bus behind us because that driver didn't know the route. Then there was lots of traffic getting into Epcot. Overall it took about an hour. I was on the bus before 3am. I wasn't worried about making the start, just bummed about not having time for the meetup. But all those people in line at the BW had to have been very stressed.

Interesting! I've done many many races over the years where I stayed at Boardwalk and I've never had a shared bus going TO the race, only on the way back. Even this race weekend, had our own BW bus all 3 days. But I'm also a first bus person. I wonder if they start combining them later as there are less runners? Or with all the bus nonsense this race, maybe someone screwed up and the bus wasn't even supposed to go to BW and was supposed to be just Swolphin.

Interesting! I've done many many races over the years where I stayed at Boardwalk and I've never had a shared bus going TO the race, only on the way back. Even this race weekend, had our own BW bus all 3 days. But I'm also a first bus person. I wonder if they start combining them later as there are less runners? Or with all the bus nonsense this race, maybe someone screwed up and the bus wasn't even supposed to go to BW and was supposed to be just Swolphin.
Yes, I found it interesting that we were sharing a bus TO the race. This is my 5th PHM staying at the Swolphin and had never shared buses to the start in the past. I was in the front seat so I could hear the driver talk to the CMs at the stops. At the Swan they only filled to half even though there were still people in line so that there would be room for "the rest of the stops". Weird logistics planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter