Princess Weekend 2022

I’m S5 for the 10k. Is there a corral after me? I’m still worried for the 16 min pace. Does this start group give me a buffer?
I also cannot decide what time I want to arrive for the bus. Help!

I’m S5 for the 10k. Is there a corral after me? I’m still worried for the 16 min pace. Does this start group give me a buffer?
I also cannot decide what time I want to arrive for the bus. Help!

I read there are six corrals for the 10k and HM. If you start at the very front of S5, then you may get something like a 10-20 min head start buffer. Arrive at 3am at your rD specific bus stop (same as expo bus) and then come to the pre-race meetup.

5K Day:

I made it to the meetup and tried not to be socially awkward lol. It was so nice to meet everyone and I hope to join in again the next 2 days.

I ended up in s1. Apparently I selected 10:00-12:00 during registration. I know I was nervous about registering so I must’ve just picked a random time and planned to change it, but never remembered to do so. I was a little nervous about starting in group 1 so I held back and started in the last group of s1. This was actually useless because even with my purposeful slower pace and run/walk intervals I ended up passing a lot of people in the beginning.
I stopped at the very long 3 princesses line, because I was determined to complete my goal of stopping for character photos during the 5K. I started to regret it once I saw how long it was taking and how many people were passing me, but I had been there for so long already that it wasn’t worth it to bail at that point. I don’t know exactly how long I was there but I started in the last group of s1 at 5:14 and got my first photo at 6:06. The only other photo I stopped for was Joy because her line was very short (I saw both Joy and Sadness when I got there but by the time it was my turn it was just Joy. Not sure if they were both originally there, or if they had just switched out at that point). They were only doing Photopass or selfies at that spot, so that could be what helped keep the line moving.

Hi all!! We made it in safely. We have a lovely room at PO-Riverside and it's oodles of Tiana!!! I'm so excited for the Tiana 10K tomorrow!

Since we drove, we're considering driving to the race tomorrow. Have folks found success doing this? I've never done a race before, and my running buddy has only ever done uber. Any tips for a newbie?

Hi all!! We made it in safely. We have a lovely room at PO-Riverside and it's oodles of Tiana!!! I'm so excited for the Tiana 10K tomorrow!

Since we drove, we're considering driving to the race tomorrow. Have folks found success doing this? I've never done a race before, and my running buddy has only ever done uber. Any tips for a newbie?
Glad to hear you made it, and what a perfect room to get settled into before the Tiana race! I’ve only driven to 2 races so I’m still a newbie myself, but I’ve found success leaving prior to or when the buses start running.

DH drove to his 2 races for MW. I would say to still plan on leaving a bit early (don't wait until the last minute) and you can always hang out in your car if you want once you get there. Keep in mind that you may have a bit of a walk to get through security and to your start corrals.

I didn't want to drive at.all. and just took the bus so that I didn't have to worry about directions, road closures, or being fully awake.

How do I get to MK from the finish area?
If you started LAST, and assuming they have everyone across the start line by 6am, you would finish by 7:39am. Per the even guide, the monorail will NOT be running (which makes sense because Epcot wouldn't be open for several more hours) so you'd have to take a resort bus and then get from that resort to MK. The easiest would probably be Contemporary or Grand Floridian and then walk to MK.

Unless you're really concerned about that ETPE, I would imagine a quick shower and clean clothes would make for a much more enjoyable day in the park.

I'm here and very psyched for the races! I was challenge bib #204XX and am in S1. The expo was pretty well stocked when I got there, but I behaved myself and only bought a pair of sunglasses at the vendor portion of the expo, no runDisney stuff. My mantra was that the race shirts and medals are my souvenirs. Did I even need that pair of sunglasses? No but I'm only human.

Hoping to get up on time and get to the meetup tomorrow morning! See you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter