Princess Weekend 2022

So fun adventures after the race… I decided not to drive this morning and take the bus (since it is closer after the race than the parking lot). Someone had this bus parked at the wrong stop. He proceeds to drive his route (to OKW and SSR), and we are all wondering if we got on the wrong bus - but we . The bus stop person, got everything sorted out and was able to get authorization for him to take us to AKL. His bus has a 7 in the window (not 2), but when you are getting on a bus after a race, you don’t see that number. Needless to say, driving would have been faster this morning! But I am glad this happened after the race, and not something crazy before.
(We actually haven’t made it back yet, but at least we are now headed the right direction!)

That was a lot of fun! It was great meeting folks who came to the pre-race meetup. I stuck to my goal of stopping for every character stop, no matter the line, so the race was a success for me. I may go back to sleep now...

@DopeyBadger! How was your race???

42:11. Not nearly as fast as I wanted. But even at my best I had no chance at Top 3. The top four runners did 33 or 34 min. I was like 10th or 11th at the first mile and then passed by 2 between mile 1 and 3. Then was solo for mile 3 to 5.5. Passed by 1 at 5.5 miles and then coasted to the finish line. So somewhere around 15-20 I think. Got front row seats to the top 3 women for the first 2 miles or so. Fun to watch the three of them immediately come together and then the top qualifier slowly pulled away from them after the downhill off ramp. The top men were crazy fast. Made the rest of us look like we weren’t even trying. So smooth and fast. Fun to see in person. I think it ended up being my third fastest 10k.

Were there just photo backdrops in the pre/post race area again?
I noticed via social that the “frames” were bigger so you could see bibs through them this time so another step up from past pandemic era events (W&D had the evil Queen throne/magic mirror for 5K / 10 & half finish and queen of hearts throne/nautiluses for 10 & half start while marathon had two EARidecent walls that said 50th anniversary and the “frames” that were personal devices only as photopass couldn’t see bibs

If they don’t have much, it wasn’t meant to be.
That was totally my attitude! They had everything I wanted except for the pink passholder pull over. I was able to get the other pink pullover though so that's fine. I could have waited for restocking or gone back, but I'll check after the half tomorrow. I was *really* happy to get the white princess hat. I hadn't seen that before, and it was really cute. I miss the old style track jackets though. I don't like all the super thin material they've been using lately. I was surprised by how much stuff they had left. Tons of magic bands, etc. Much better than Marathon weekend.

I really wanted the Princess Corksicle. I can’t imagine they’ll be any left by the time we get there today. So disappointing! I wish they’d restock for those of us who can’t be there on the first day.

Once again, I survived a race!! Total time on course: 1h 47m. Actual running time: 1h 30m 31s

i thought I was going to die on the stupid ramp that went on forever on an angle!! Tomorrow, I’m bringing my headphones for those freeway segments, I can’t survive the boredom.

Looking forward to the HH meetup this afternoon!

Anna & Elsa
Tiana
Joy & Sadness
Fairy Godmother & Prince Charming?
Chip & Dale (50th attire)
Prince Mickey
Mr. & Mrs. Incredible
Vacation Donald
Rapunzel
Clarabelle
Princess Minnie & Daisy @ finish

I feel like I may be missing one after Tiana…
Based on Instagram I follow aside from above vacation Donald was also with goofy or they swapped out
Snow swapped with Rapunzel again and than it was flora with Aurora and Maryweather with Phillip swapping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter