Princess Weekend 2022

Oh no, I hope you make it! I've seen a few posts online of people having long waits on buses and panicking!
Thanks! Still in line 1hour later, hope to get the next bus whenever it gets back and they announced they’d be “making accomodations” for people showing up late but I’m still heartbroken I’ll be missing my S2 start

Wow. I had not followed this race closely enough to see that they changed the parking to HS--wonder why that was. Which does not at all explain why people at resorts are having issues. I am done thinking "How can RD screw up something they have done many times before". They always find a way.

I hope that everyone made it to the start on time and is now out there having a good time.

Wow. I had not followed this race closely enough to see that they changed the parking to HS--wonder why that was. Which does not at all explain why people at resorts are having issues. I am done thinking "How can RD screw up something they have done many times before". They always find a way.

I hope that everyone made it to the start on time and is now out there having a good time.
There is construction on the road in to/out of Epcot. So the start was in the 5k/10k area - and the half runs down the only way into the Epcot parking lot. I think they had people park at HS so they wouldn’t have quite so much traffic into Epcot.

Well, if you want to hear about bus drama this morning, gather around for story time....

First off, let me just precursor all of this by saying that considering everything going on in the world today, I am very blessed and grateful that my biggest concern this morning revolved around getting to a race in Disney World on time. I am very mindful of that, particularly with all the tragedies occurring elsewhere in the world.

With that said, they ROYALLY messed up the buses going to Beach Club this morning and I'm sending strongly worded emails to both Rundisney and Beach Club's general manager. I got in line for a bus to the race at 3:10 am, I did not get on a bus until 4:05am. The person at the front of the line waited from 3 am until there was finally space on a bus at 3:45 am (a bus which only had 6 spaces on it). In the meantime, we watched 4 full buses go past the resort from Yacht club. Everyone was scared to walk over to Yacht Club and lose their place in the Beach Club line, as the line stretched back to the lobby. The bus coordinator was literally lying to people and said they would hold the race until everyone in line could get there, otherwise he would have had a riot on his hands.

This was not simply a construction issue (although I'm sure that exacerbated the problem), this was purely runDisney and the new bus company they're using trying to penny pinch and hire less buses than needed for the number of runners between the combined resorts of Yacht and Beach Club.

I SPRINTED from the bus drop-off in EPCOT to bag check, then the corrals, but even with the delay they had still closed S1 by the time I got there. A warm thank you to everyone in S2 who let me by them to get as close to the front of the corral as possible.

The whole fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth for the first couple of miles, and while I still loved running down Main Street and the Mulan themed area of the highway (Loved the video screen with "I'll Make A Man Out of You"), this will not go down as a fondly remembered race.

Shout out to Cindy (@SheHulk) for letting me vent while we were in line this morning at the first character stop!

This was not simply a construction issue (although I'm sure that exacerbated the problem), this was purely runDisney and the new bus company they're using trying to penny pinch and hire less buses than needed for the number of runners between the combined resorts of Yacht and Beach Club.

This is so disappointing to read! Bus service at MW was the best I've experienced. I hope they learn from this and do better next time.

Who's the new bus company?

So I’ve been on this sweeper bus for over an hour.. we’ve been lost.. we’e been stuck… and we even did some off roading onto some grass… I should’ve just kept going at this point. I think I’m going to live on this bus

ETA: I finally made it off the stupid bus!

Last edited:
Well, if you want to hear about bus drama this morning, gather around for story time....

First off, let me just precursor all of this by saying that considering everything going on in the world today, I am very blessed and grateful that my biggest concern this morning revolved around getting to a race in Disney World on time. I am very mindful of that, particularly with all the tragedies occurring elsewhere in the world.

With that said, they ROYALLY messed up the buses going to Beach Club this morning and I'm sending strongly worded emails to both Rundisney and Beach Club's general manager. I got in line for a bus to the race at 3:10 am, I did not get on a bus until 4:05am. The person at the front of the line waited from 3 am until there was finally space on a bus at 3:45 am (a bus which only had 6 spaces on it). In the meantime, we watched 4 full buses go past the resort from Yacht club. Everyone was scared to walk over to Yacht Club and lose their place in the Beach Club line, as the line stretched back to the lobby. The bus coordinator was literally lying to people and said they would hold the race until everyone in line could get there, otherwise he would have had a riot on his hands.

I SPRINTED from the bus drop-off in EPCOT to bag check, then the corrals, but even with the delay they had still closed S1 by the time I got there. A warm thank you to everyone in S2 who let me by them to get as close to the front of the corral as possible.

The whole fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth for the first couple of miles, and while I still loved running down Main Street and the Mulan themed area of the highway (Loved the video screen with "I'll Make A Man Out of You"), this will not go down as a fondly remembered race.

Shout out to Cindy (@SheHulk) for letting me vent while we were in line this morning at the first character stop!
We did not have any issue at our resort.
Talk to our bus driver, very nice man. He said Disney contracted 400 buses for the event. Also they had to start their shift at midnight to determine their routes etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter