Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Nothing more for rD this year, but I did sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon today.
Twice I had to defer due to divorce chaos (about 10 years ago), so I'm looking forward to finally accomplishing that race.
Marine Corps Marathon is awesome - really good race.

And remember: It's never given, always earned.

Did it in 2016 - first year medal opened up.

I'm home. Planned to take the 2:30 bus from SOG as I was worried about being swept but it never came. After 3am we decided to walk to the Poly and of course it came as we reached the guard shack. the driver let us board but not every waiting made that bus. Ended up being in the first group leaving E after all as they put up the ribbon behind us. Never saw the balloon ladies.. We has a great first Run Disney experience.

Nothing more for rD this year, but I did sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon today.
Twice I had to defer due to divorce chaos (about 10 years ago), so I'm looking forward to finally accomplishing that race.

Nice!
A word of advice from my brother (who was also the one that reminded me that plain-runners do not have to know or remember what putting a hand up means):

If you're going to take the Metro home or back to your hotel, do NOT, I repeat NOT, sit down.

Or if you do sit, start the process to stand up well before your stop. He practically had to crawl off the train, and even then barely made it out since when he went to stand he simply couldn't. And he was in his 30s at the time, and was and is incredibly fit.

If you're going to take the Metro home or back to your hotel, do NOT, I repeat NOT, sit down.

Or if you do sit, start the process to stand up well before your stop. He practically had to crawl off the train, and even then barely made it out since when he went to stand he simply couldn't. And he was in his 30s at the time, and was and is incredibly fit.

Reminds me of the episode of "How I Met Your Mother" when Barney ran the marathon, got on the subway and couldn't get off. (Or me after one of my Disney marathons trying to exit the bus!)

Reminds me of the episode of "How I Met Your Mother" when Barney ran the marathon, got on the subway and couldn't get off. (Or me after one of my Disney marathons trying to exit the bus!)

If my brother's experience hadn't happened years before that episode I would have thought he stole the storyline!

As it was, the story was just SO real.

As with all things, YMMV with Marine Corps marathon.

I ran it last fall for the first time and while there's a steep downhill into Foggy Bottom, and a steep incline to the finish line that will make you question why you signed up for the race, it wasn't that hilly compared to a lot of other courses. I was able to immediately get on the race bus back to where my car was, and drive 3 hours home just a bit stiff legged at a rest stop.

I will say, the Blue Mile (I think around mile 12) was the most emotionally touching experience I ever had during a race. All the marines who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country, their faces and ages... it stays with you. That mile was harder than any aftermath.

I will say, the Blue Mile (I think around mile 12) was the most emotionally touching experience I ever had during a race. All the marines who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country, their faces and ages... it stays with you. That mile was harder than any aftermath.
The Air Force marathon and half has a similar section of the course. I was a mess. I happen to be listening to "From Now On" from The Greatest Showman soundtrack. Remembering the lyrics playing "and we will come back home, home again" while running past the faces of people who never came home still makes me choke up, even months later.

Marine Corp race is on my bucket list of races. I really enjoyed the patriotic sentiment of the Air Force race and want to do Marine Corp as well.

As with all things, YMMV with Marine Corps marathon.

I ran it last fall for the first time and while there's a steep downhill into Foggy Bottom, and a steep incline to the finish line that will make you question why you signed up for the race, it wasn't that hilly compared to a lot of other courses. I was able to immediately get on the race bus back to where my car was, and drive 3 hours home just a bit stiff legged at a rest stop.

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it and will be happy to hear anyone's input or advice.
I definitely remember moving gingerly and in slow motion after last year's marathon.
I said I'd post more photos, but instead I'm going to post this one. I don't remember this photo op from MW weekend, so either it is new or I didn't notice it, but I *loved* the opportunity to do this photo in front of the castle. This was my longest line for a photo, and was so worth the wait.

Castle_small3.jpeg

Try calling! I got no response to the form I sent but when I called they were able to find my photo while we were talking.
My jump picture has someone going behind me as they head back to running. I did not know they were about to be behind me, or else I would’ve held off on my jump for a second.

My jump picture has someone going behind me as they head back to running. I did not know they were about to be behind me, or else I would’ve held off on my jump for a second.

If you want I may be able to edit them out. I’m certainly no Adobe pro but I can give it a shot. With that said maybe there is an Adobe pro here that may be able to better help you. Although it may take me a bit to get it back to you since I’ve been pretty busy since returning home.

What is the # to call for missing photo pass pictures? I’m missing mine in front of castle too 🥲

If you want I may be able to edit them out. I’m certainly no Adobe pro but I can give it a shot. With that said maybe there is an Adobe pro here that may be able to better help you. Although it may take me a bit to get it back to you since I’ve been pretty busy since returning home.
That sounds like a great idea. I will take you up on that, or anyone else who wants to try their hand at photo shop.

Lucky you! I submitted two missing photo requests a week ago and never got any feedback.
It could be your photo is indeed actually lost unfortunately. It does happen. That said, with the form, definitely try to be as specific as possible. My photo I was missing was from the Jester Goofy character stop. My bib was visible as well as other bibs of the people I was running with. I also explained what I and others were wearing. This really helps them narrow it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter