Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Since I joined a new group at work a few months ago, it means my February is open now! My busy months have shifted, so I can attend Princess! I've booked Port Orleans with a TA, and am now waiting on the theme, along with everyone else I assume. I figure Frozen will be the theme of the half or challenge since 2023 is the tenth anniversary. I'll be registering with a charity, which will be a first for me :)

How is it the 10th already? I still vividly remember seeing an absolutely gorgeous bespoke Elsa gown (when the first movie was new) on a young girl at Epcot and complimenting her on it, and that feels like 2 days ago.

Oh no. I'm now officially over the hill. Crud. :tilt:
I know! It's hard to believe! Since shopDisney does legacy ornaments, I knew Tangled hit its tenth a couple years ago. I had the same reaction.

I’m in for my revenge challenge! Just need to get a good training plan and stick with it so I don’t hurt anything further or make anything worse.

Yay you!

Though I'm not doing the challenge. Yoga, 5K, and Half. That's "all" LOL.

Yesterday I got my weight-training plan from the Planet Fitness trainer, and I'm super-psyched about it. Going through the exercises with him was SO hard and I laughed almost the whole time at how weak I've become. I think he thought I was pretty weird, but this current state of things freaks me out. He even put in an exercise no one has ever had me do before, a tibialis anterior exercise to strengthen the front of the shin which he said will help stabilize the knee. I am very happy about that. That and the calf raises were the only ones that didn't make me laugh, because they nearly made me cry. Those muscles are kind of important for walking and running!

I heard from my friend from our shared Princess Bus Of Doom and she is doing amazing.

Yay you!

Though I'm not doing the challenge. Yoga, 5K, and Half. That's "all" LOL.

Yesterday I got my weight-training plan from the Planet Fitness trainer, and I'm super-psyched about it. Going through the exercises with him was SO hard and I laughed almost the whole time at how weak I've become. I think he thought I was pretty weird, but this current state of things freaks me out. He even put in an exercise no one has ever had me do before, a tibialis anterior exercise to strengthen the front of the shin which he said will help stabilize the knee. I am very happy about that. That and the calf raises were the only ones that didn't make me laugh, because they nearly made me cry. Those muscles are kind of important for walking and running!

I heard from my friend from our shared Princess Bus Of Doom and she is doing amazing.
Calf raises are the devil and it sucks that they’re so important

Has anyone here run for a charity? I did see the charities haven't gotten their allocation for W&D and I don't know if the bibs are on a race by race basis or if it's allocated for the whole season. I reached out to the contact to get on their list.

Has anyone here run for a charity? I did see the charities haven't gotten their allocation for W&D and I don't know if the bibs are on a race by race basis or if it's allocated for the whole season. I reached out to the contact to get on their list.
I ran for a charity the first time this year, but I don’t know a lot about bib allocation. The charity I ran for announced a few days ago that they are planning to participate in all four runDisney events and that more info would be coming soon.

Probably will be staying at SSR since we are DVC and that’s our home resort.

Might as well make it real by booking, yes? :teeth:

I don't intend to stay at my home resort (bay lake, and with the borrowing rule still in effect I can only do a studio which is really really small for cousins!), but just in case something weird happens, I've booked it. And now it's the wait until July to change things around.

Yes! I figured I’d wait until I could book all the days though. Yesterday it looked like I could only book through the Friday. We may split it up and be looking to change it a bit later on also. So many resorts so little time! I’m also trying to decide if I want to do the whole week and a half trip in Orlando or go out to aulani again. I’m nervous it will be cold!
Might as well make it real by booking, yes? :teeth:

I don't intend to stay at my home resort (bay lake, and with the borrowing rule still in effect I can only do a studio which is really really small for cousins!), but just in case something weird happens, I've booked it. And now it's the wait until July to change things around.

You should be able to book 7 days from your checkin date.

Some Februarys are cold, some are hot, some are in between! I tried to not worry about it until I was packing LOL. And my Floridian cousin and I have very different ideas of what is good running weather; she got exactly what she wanted last month, and I was very unhappy with the weather conditions for the runs.

Since I joined a new group at work a few months ago, it means my February is open now! My busy months have shifted, so I can attend Princess! I've booked Port Orleans with a TA, and am now waiting on the theme, along with everyone else I assume. I figure Frozen will be the theme of the half or challenge since 2023 is the tenth anniversary. I'll be registering with a charity, which will be a first for me :)
So, the summer series was announced (teased) today and seems to be frozen themed? Now i'm frantically googling "2023 anniversary for disney movies"

So, the summer series was announced (teased) today and seems to be frozen themed? Now i'm frantically googling "2023 anniversary for disney movies"

I was definitely surprised by this too. I know Frozen is popular, but they wouldn't do them both Frozen themed, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter