Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

We don't know the course 100% yet, but if the HM course is the same as 2022, then there are four hills totaling ~80 ft gain according to my Garmin data from last year.

View attachment 729821

One under the water at the Contemporary, one on the on-ramp at World Dr to EPCOT center drive, one on EPCOT center drive, and one heading towards EPCOT just off EPCOT center drive (the last three are within miles 10-11.5). By in large the course is considered flat.
Thank you!

We don't know the course 100% yet, but if the HM course is the same as 2022, then there are four hills totaling ~80 ft gain according to my Garmin data from last year.

View attachment 729821

One under the water at the Contemporary, one on the on-ramp at World Dr to EPCOT center drive, one on EPCOT center drive, and one heading towards EPCOT just off EPCOT center drive (the last three are within miles 10-11.5). By in large the course is considered flat.
I can only imagine that you runners from out-of-state laugh at our hills. I got some funny looks and a chuckle when I commented to another runner during last year's marathon that I wasn't used to the Orlando hills being from South Florida.

I can only imagine that you runners from out-of-state laugh at our hills. I got some funny looks and a chuckle when I commented to another runner during last year's marathon that I wasn't used to the Orlando hills being from South Florida.

And you must laugh at us northerners sweatin like crazy in the Florida humidity ;) It's all a question of perspective!

It's all relative. I laugh at the FL hills because I do like 35-40 ft gain per mile on just my normal training routes. But then my runner out in Oregon laughs at my WI hills because he does like 100-300 ft gain per mile on his normal training routes. But as a general statement, the Disney courses are essentially flat with a few small inclines.

It's all relative. I laugh at the FL hills because I do like 35-40 ft gain per mile on just my normal training routes. But then my runner out in Oregon laughs at my WI hills because he does like 100-300 ft gain per mile on his normal training routes. But as a general statement, the Disney courses are essentially flat with a few small inclines.
And those of us from Denver eat hills for breakfast and enjoy all that Florida air! I do go for PRs at Disney to see what my altitude training can result in 😁

My neighborhood route is essentially down into a creek bottom, up the other side and into another neighborhood, then reverse it on the way back. Per Garmin, a 100’ elevation change… in about 100 yards, maybe 150 yards, in each direction. Kicks my butt in both directions. Maybe if I can get another 10 lbs off myself, I won’t have to walk the 2nd half of the hills. In comparison, Disney is a billiard table. As you said, it’s all relative.

Yes, sort of. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t go all the way around, but it makes kind of a tick-tock sound when she goes back and forth

Looks like it. Cinderella did have to worry about the time....
Thats impressive and fun. These are better medals than last year to me. I did like all the earidescent glitter last year and the 50th anniversary stamp on them though.

It looks like my checked luggage is going to be full of recovery tools, snacks, and pre-race fluid. I drink iced tea and while I know I could get it at Disney, if I bring it, I won't have to pay the markup. I also won't have to make a Target stop. The other mornings I can swing my caffeine but I don't want to leave anything to chance before my two races.

I was reading a discussion about the length of the Marathon course. The discussion centered around several runners' gps unit indicating the course was longer than RunDisney stated. We all know that weaving around other runners, getting pictures taken, and yes, bathroom breaks are going to cause a gps unit to show the course in longer than indicated. Being a bit of a running nerd, I thought it would be interesting to post the Princess course USATF certification. This is from the 2022 race. https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=r&id=2767

I was reading a discussion about the length of the Marathon course. The discussion centered around several runners' gps unit indicating the course was longer than RunDisney stated. We all know that weaving around other runners, getting pictures taken, and yes, bathroom breaks are going to cause a gps unit to show the course in longer than indicated. Being a bit of a running nerd, I thought it would be interesting to post the Princess course USATF certification. This is from the 2022 race. https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=r&id=2767
I know they’ve gotten better and they’ll keep getting more precise but I can’t entirely trust running apps with distance. When I did Chicago in 2019 Nike’s app said I ran 33 miles lol, absolutely no idea how that happened.

Mine wasn't too far off until I did Everest. After that I couldn't trust it. :P

I know you can now book Minnie Vans, but can you also Uber/Lyft to the starting line?

I'm thinking of taking Uber for the 5k to get there before the buses start at 3am, so my kids don't need to wait in super long lines for the pre-race characters. And also make the pre-race meetup :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter