Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

I love the designs, but I have to wonder why they're not showing the HM "I Did It!" in a short sleeve shirt. Is there a chance that they're only selling the long sleeve shirt that is pictured?

I'm not seeing an "I Did it" long sleeve HM shirt in any of the pictures. Which HM shirt do you think is the "I Did it"? I'm fairly confident in saying that the "I Did it" for the HM will be short sleeved.

My opinion, don't do the 13/14 mile run this weekend. We're too close to race day at this point. It takes 7-10 days to fully realize the benefits of a single training run, and about 4-6 weeks to fully realize the gains of training week. The 13/14 mile run you would do this weekend will cause more physical harm than it will physical benefits. Assuredly there could be some mental gains from it, but my opinion is those mental gains would be outweighed by the recovery necessary from it. You may still be feeling some aftereffects from the 13-14 mile run physiologically by the time race day comes up. If you've been doing your training runs around a 15 min/mile, then the 8 mile run has taken you about 2 hours. That's a sufficient endurance run to prepare the body aerobically for completing a HM.

Presumably the 15 min/mile pace is not all out effort either if the Garmin has been suggesting an appropriate training pace for long runs. So if you attempt to run at a 15 min/mile pace on race day, then you should be more than fine to cover the 13 miles. This assumes that the 15 min/mile long run pace is appropriate. Have you done any other races recently that would be a good judge of current fitness?

This is the most recent POT and estimate corral assignment educated guess.

screen-shot-2023-01-12-at-8-21-29-am-png.731439

Your corral assignment depends on what you put for the estimated finish at registration. If you put 2:15-2:30, then you'll be in Corral C. If you put 3:00-3:15, then you'll likely be in Corral F. I just went into my race registration for Princess 2023 and can see what I put. So you should be able to log in to your runDisney account and see what you put for your estimated finish. Then use the chart above to get a pretty good idea where you'll be slotted.
I hate to be nosy, but what would you recommend that she run to feel mentally prepared. I was looking at Hal Higdon's plan and he has a 10 mile run scheduled the week before the HM while Hanson's has an eight mile run scheduled (plus a 5 mile easy run on Saturday).

Does anyone recall seeing phone cases at past Expos? When I'm at the Expo, I generally have blinders on looking for shirts and magnets and haven't bothered to really look at the other items being offered.

I'm not seeing an "I Did it" long sleeve HM shirt in any of the pictures. Which HM shirt do you think is the "I Did it"? I'm fairly confident in saying that the "I Did it" for the HM will be short sleeved.
Self-admittedly, it was an assumption. But the model in the middle of the three wearing the HM themed shirts appears to be wearing the same design with a Moana theme as the short sleeve shirts pictured below those models.

Does anyone recall seeing phone cases at past Expos? When I'm at the Expo, I generally have blinders on looking for shirts and magnets and haven't bothered to really look at the other items being offered.
Phone cases are typically sold on demand at MaDe at Disney Springs or I believe
they have kiosks at AK and DHS now (MK one is closed at Space Mountain gift shop).

I hate to be nosy, but what would you recommend that she run to feel mentally prepared. I was looking at Hal Higdon's plan and he has a 10 mile run scheduled the week before the HM while Hanson's has an eight mile run scheduled (plus a 5 mile easy run on Saturday).

Running distances are all relative. Relative to what you've done in training to that point, and relative to your current pace scheme. In some ways, that's why talking about running in terms of effort level (relative current fitness pacing) and duration is more valuable than distance. So without knowing more of the totality of @lzimm13's training it's hard for me to give a confident recommendation on exactly how far they should run over the weekend. But assuming the 8 miler was within the last two weeks, then I would recommend they aim for about 75-90 min as their longest run over the weekend at a very easy and non-challenging pace. Of course what they were doing over the rest of this current week matters as well in terms of that recommendation. It's the totality of the plan more than it is any single run.

Higdon could have a 10 miler, and it's likely less than the person was doing last weekend. Same for Hansons. In both cases the intention is to have the training load begin to drop moving from optimal training into a period of recovery to illicit a "peak". This isn't always the case. There are some training plans that have a longer than normal training run on the weekend prior to the race, but that's less typical. But presumably the author of the plan had a reason based on their personal philosophy on training plan design.

For me,

Last Saturday - 10 miler at ~60 sec/mile slower than HM Tempo on a 45 ft/mi gain per mile route (77 min)
Last Sunday - 18 miler with 15 miles at ~80 sec/mile slower than HM Tempo and 3 miles at ~30 sec/mile slower on a 46 ft/mi gain per mile route (2:23 hrs)

Came in a 61.4 mile week (8:18 hrs of duration)

This Saturday - 6 x 4 min at ~40 sec/mile faster than HM Tempo on a flat route (77 min)
This Sunday - 6.5 miles at ~150 sec/mile slower than HM Tempo on 35 ft/mi gain per mile route (60 min)

Will come in a 45-50 mile week (6.5-7 hrs of duration)

No. I haven't seen them leaked anywhere yet. I think they usually get posted by Disney the day before the expo.
Then again, they're basically the
Ugh now I'm so nervous for the VQ. I know I'll get in but I really hope I get an early one. I love buying the I did it shirts and the running vests.
For what it's worth, I went to the Expo on the second day of Marathon Weekend and they had everything in stock.

Dopey ears and jackets were not in stock that second day. I fully expect ears to go this weekend and probably some other items like wine glasses. Princess is notoriously the "worst" expo of them.
I should have been more clear in my answer. At the second day of the Expo, I believe that they had all the shirts in stock. I didn't look for the ears and other items.

I should have been more clear in my answer. At the second day of the Expo, I believe that they had all the shirts in stock. I didn't look for the ears and other items.

Yeah for MW some of the jackets seemed to run small and there weren't that many sizes availables in the first afternoon (based on reports on the boards). I'll need to go back on Friday if ever ;)

🤞 for the vest on the right:
RS142783867373333.jpg

:yay:

If you have done the Challenge training and you haven't needed more than a bit before the run, you might just be one of those people who doesn't need much. My brother doesn't even take water during a Half.

And this is just b/c I saw someone surprised by this in a FB group...the Challenge is the 10K and the half. Not the 5K.

Those jackets sound like a neat idea. Not sure I'd need 10 though LOL. (I think you menitoned it was a pack of 10 in a previous post)

Find someone who did yoga but doesn't want the mat. Cut it up. Voila, inexpensive thing to sit on.

Either drive to the TTC parking lot very early so you're one of the first checked in and on the ferry. Or be first on the bus so you're up front and get up there. But last year we didn't know how it would go, didn't jockey for position, and got lovely spots. They have other teachers scattered around for you to follow.

I literally did my 200 hour yoga teacher training and still can't do a headstand. Or a good mermaid. My psoas is too tight for mermaid; someday I'll get some serious massage to release it, but today is not that day.

Hugs. I had that January 2022. Did Princess. Well, did the 10K of the challenge at least. It wasn't until October that I felt my heart rate was normal for exercising. First time I've ever paid for a gym membership but not used it for months!

Yep to both of those things. It's in a staging area for packing.
Now I just need to find some inexpensive foam or towel or blanket to sit on while waiting for the race to start.

"Those jackets sound like a neat idea. Not sure I'd need 10 though LOL. (I think you menitoned it was a pack of 10 in a previous post)"

The 10-pack means that I'll use them for future races, plus have them for any painting I'm likely to do this year.
I did a 5k in Atlanta last year where it was the coldest day of the year, in March or early April, and with a howling wind. I really could have used one then.
And they are very thin when packed in luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter