Princess Weekend 2024!

Congrats on everyone who snagged a spot and hope everyone got what they wanted! If anyone is curious, these were the sell-out times:

Princess 10K - 70 minutes
Princess 5K - 85 minutes
Princess Yoga - 92 minutes
Fairytale Challenge - 101 minutes
Princess Half Marathon - 197 minutes

Looking at this, and comparing them to the times for DLH and MW. DLH went fast, and MW took a little longer, but they were still shorter than the wait times here. I really think Disney is closing the flow through the queue, fewer people getting through at a time. And I think this is why the wait times are coming up longer.

Managed to get the half marathon for my daughter and me, although I had been trying for the challenge. I was able to go all the way through registration for the challenge but was told it was closed at payment. Unfortunately, my credit card was charged for both the challenges and the half marathons. Only the halfs are showing up in my account. Has this happened to anyone else? The thought of calling run Disney after waiting so long does not thrill me right now!

Looking at this, and comparing them to the times for DLH and MW. DLH went fast, and MW took a little longer, but they were still shorter than the wait times here. I really think Disney is closing the flow through the queue, fewer people getting through at a time. And I think this is why the wait times are coming up longer.
DL was a mess, and I think it was a big reason they started restricting things. I'm still seeing some complaints from people with payment/registration issues but feels like it's gotten at least a little better on that end. Still wish they'd drop the survey questions about past races.

Managed to get the half marathon for my daughter and me, although I had been trying for the challenge. I was able to go all the way through registration for the challenge but was told it was closed at payment. Unfortunately, my credit card was charged for both the challenges and the half marathons. Only the halfs are showing up in my account. Has this happened to anyone else? The thought of calling run Disney after waiting so long does not thrill me right now!
I know this has happened to others in the past, and I think the charge should go away after a day or three.

Still wish they'd drop the survey questions about past races.
Yeah, if they really want the information, you'd think there'd be a way they could combine it with the waiver so everyone still has to fill it out... On the other hand, since everyone has to complete them, at least no one is at a disadvantage.

If it were me, I would call runDisney and only tell them that the challenges aren't showing up on your account though the charge is on your credit card without mentioning anything else and see what happens. They may give you the spots since you already paid for them.

If it were me, I would call runDisney and only tell them that the challenges aren't showing up on your account though the charge is on your credit card without mentioning anything else and see what happens. They may give you the spots since you already paid for them.
Also, I have had really good luck emailing runDisney when I've run into issues in the past. They were fairly quick to respond.

But they technically didn't. Pending charges from runDisney are common. runDisney will only charge you if you have a confirmation email. That pending charge will fall off soon.

I am curious if there were many people that wanted to sign up for the half marathon only that missed out today, given that it took the longest to sell out. I am super grateful to the amazing, kind folks on this board ( 💜 to you @Disneyhanna ) and I hope I could repay it in kind via a couple DMs. I don't know if I would have gotten in without the help. I hope everyone has a great training season and see you in February!! 🥳

I didn't try to register for Princess weekend this time, but I'm curious about the pre-order merch! Can anyone share screenshots etc. of what's available??

I didn't try to register for Princess weekend this time, but I'm curious about the pre-order merch! Can anyone share screenshots etc. of what's available??
I’m not sure they have pics yet, we’re just seeing pictures of some DL merch now and registration for that was in February.

Not sure if anyone else saw it earlier today but spots in the 10k and the half were open again for registration--not for very long as I understand but open! I think that's the earliest we have seen that happen.

Ok couple more questions and I apologize as I’m new and bringing my teen daughter. She is running I am not.
Is the 5 in Epcot itself? Will I need an admission as a spectator ?
How do other people do the parks on that trip ? We are arriving the 20th.. thinking a couple days but if we are tied up the day before getting her bib and she will prob be exhausted after her 5k moreso from the early wake up. That leaves us maybe 2 days .. what do you guys do for parks? Meals etc ?
Thanks so much
Tammy

Ok couple more questions and I apologize as I’m new and bringing my teen daughter. She is running I am not.
How do other people do the parks on that trip ? We are arriving the 20th.. thinking a couple days but if we are tied up the day before getting her bib and she will prob be exhausted after her 5k moreso from the early wake up. That leaves us maybe 2 days .. what do you guys do for parks? Meals etc ?
Thanks so much
Tammy
The 5K is done before the park opens. You can spectate at the start and finish but not along the course. Therefore you do not need a ticket.

Thanks so much
Tammy
No need to apologize
The 5K is in the parking lot/park/backstage areas of Epcot and like previous posters have said it’s before park opening so no in park spectators (there will be plenty of on course support from cast members and volunteers) there will be finish line viewing

As far as park touring this was what we did in November with running the 5&10k (fwiw we are local AP)
Thu: expo, springs for blaze & to pick up Gideons, checked into pop, skyliner to Epcot around 530/6 ish and just road grand fiesta and grabbed a lite bite from a festival booth before heading back to the room

Fri: ran 5k, showered, I headed to DAK and got there about 10:50 (she had to exchange something at expo & met up with me) got back to pop but took skyliner back to Epcot around 5/6 ish to walk to beach club since their Christmas display opened up than back to room for bed

Sat: ran 10k showered was in Magic around noon ish hopped to studios around 5 ish left after first Fantasmic showing

Sun: checked out, headed to Epcot via skyline so we didn’t have to worry about the exiting half crowds at the parking lot stayed till 3 ish than went back to pop to get car and go home

Merch q: in the mock up art, it doesn't look like any of the designs have Anna and Elsa on them? Do you think they will be on the real jackets and jerseys? It seems like recent years have had all the weekend princesses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter