Princess Weekend 2024!

They just emailed the registration dates for Princess 2024! June 20th for general folks. I was on the club runDisney thread to see if it would be worth considering, but the benefits just aren't there for me for the cost.

I would like to do Determination and can't see how I can let them know that at this time. I will keep an eye out. If anyone hears about how to get on the Determination bib list, please let me know.

I feel like it’s a bit early for charity bibs? Like something that you could sign up for a week or two before general registration, not months.

I thought I heard about a couple of people getting on charity lists for bibs for Princess, but I could be remembering wrong. But if nothing else, at least you'd get on their email distro list to get an update when they do have spots available.

Yeah, I already have a half marathon bib through a charity (Scott Carter foundation). My friend and I got the last two available. They did have multiple challenge bibs available when we signed up.

per a document about charities shared from a fb group, the email to contact the person for ACS is ashley.laplaca@cancer.org

You could try emailing her to see if they have anything going for PW yet.

Thank you! I sent an email to find out what the timeline is for signing up for a bib. When you go to the ACS endurance page and click runDisney, it only shows the springtime races. I am surprised you can't find something about Dopey.

Thank you! I sent an email to find out what the timeline is for signing up for a bib. When you go to the ACS endurance page and click runDisney, it only shows the springtime races. I am surprised you can't find something about Dopey.
I'm on their email list since I'm doing DL with ACS, and MW sold out.

I'm on their email list since I'm doing DL with ACS, and MW sold out.
That's what I was trying to find how to do, get on their email list. When I click the runDisney option on their website it just takes me to the springtime races. We shall see. I ran for them for my first marathon in Philly with my sister so excited to have the opportunity again.

Thanks for the help regarding the ACS Determination. I emailed Ashley and she put me on their princess email list and told me about the registration will work.

Omg, the dates coincide with my reading week at university!!! I am rather tempted but it really depends on my finances for next year.
It's been my dream since 2013 to do an in-person princess runDisney event.

Also joining the thread. Hoping to snag the 5k and Challenge. I’ve been wanting to experience going down Main Street in the dark on my own power for so long. Hoping Princess 24 will finally be the one

Will be first Princess weekend in a decade. I jumped to doing Wine and Dine after DNFing in 2013. Before moving to MW in 2015

Also just realized reg is same week as my first in my racer

Hi Guys - I am IN the parks on 6/20, it's my MK reservation day. Is it realistic that I can log on, get in a queue, and register myself and also my daughter?

I tried to register last month for Marathon weekend and was unsuccessful. I was in the queue, watched the wait time count down to 30 min, then it jumped back up to an hour, I got to race registration, but then it was full before I could check out. This was at home on my desktop computer.

So I am a little wary about how I will do trying to register from my phone while in a park. Thoughts? Should I just buy ClubDisney or is that insane?

Hi Guys - I am IN the parks on 6/20, it's my MK reservation day. Is it realistic that I can log on, get in a queue, and register myself and also my daughter?

I tried to register last month for Marathon weekend and was unsuccessful. I was in the queue, watched the wait time count down to 30 min, then it jumped back up to an hour, I got to race registration, but then it was full before I could check out. This was at home on my desktop computer.

So I am a little wary about how I will do trying to register from my phone while in a park. Thoughts? Should I just buy ClubDisney or is that insane?
Club runDisney won’t help you for registrations until next year—it runs October 1, 2023-September 30, 2024. So you get in-person benefits (upgraded corral, early shopping) for the 23/24 season, and registration benefits for the 24/25 season. That’s how they keep you hooked.

As for registering while in MK, people have managed to get registered from the middle of a national park in the past, so, yes, its realistic that you can make it through the process while in MK. It’s kind of luck of the draw whether you actually get through registration before it sells out no matter where you are.

I have a question for @DopeyBadger and those others who have experience with planning a training calendar. My A race is going to be the 2024 A1A Fort Lauderdale marathon on February 18. I know that the rule of thumb from Jack Daniels for recovery following a marathon is two weeks, but would I be able to run the Princess Half Marathon the following weekend after my A race if I take it somewhat easy? My gut tells me that one week is too little time following a marathon where I plan on pushing myself hard.

Last edited:
I have a question for @DopeyBadger and those others who have experience with planning a training calendar. My A race is going to be the 2024 A1A Fort Lauderdale marathon on February 18. I know that the rule of thumb from Jack Daniels is two recovery following a marathon for two weeks, but would I be able to run the Princess Half Marathon the following weekend after my A race if I take it somewhat easy? My gut tells me that one week is too little time following a marathon where I plan on pushing myself hard.

Right, so the crux is that you plan to treat the marathon on 2/18/24 (the weekend prior to Princess) as an "A"/max level effort. It's going to cause a lot of damage to the body and it's going to take some time to recover from that. Are you physically able to complete a HM the following weekend? Yes, you could do it. Expect it to be far far slower than your normal HMs. Additionally, this only works if you're quite a ways away from the course cutoff time as well.

You will be at a higher risk of injury during the HM than if you hadn't done a marathon the weekend prior. The easier you take the M the weekend prior to the HM, the less of an issue it would be. But that's less of a consideration for your situation since you're aiming for a max level effort in the M.

So yes, it can be done, but I'd be careful in doing so.

While the Daniels recommendation for recovery is 1 day for every 3k racing (thus a 42km marathon has 14 days recovery (be it easy running or off)), he's not saying you should/could race an "A" effort marathon every 2 weeks. Rather that's how long you should take after an "A" level effort before you resume the rigors of training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter