Princess Weekend 2024!

🙋🏻‍♀️. AccuWeather was showing thunder storms Saturday and now that’s gone. I’m looking at the low temps and thinking of what layers I want to bring. I have Mylar ponchos for the corrals to keep me warm but the lows are looking nicer than last year.

I’m volunteering by handing out medals for the half, and it’s curious why they want volunteers for the 5k and 10k to go to Epcot and they want half volunteers to go to WWoS. Since I’m going to be at the finish line, I’ve sent an email asking if I can just report to Epcot. Makes the most sense to me anyway. I can take a race bus directly to where I’m supposed to be.

I think if you are volunteering at medals, your report time is probably before the race buses start. At least that was my experience with finish line drinks for a previous 5k and a waterstop shift. They had everyone check in at one spot. Thanks for volunteering!

I ran a 10.5 mile/17k yesterday, also at the prescribed paces, which I was surprised about, but HR was really high. Feeling good for the Half.

Only bad part was getting honked at the end by an impatient truck driver. Calm down dude, I'm tiny. You only need to wait another 15 seconds to pass me.

I’m in maintenance mode from DL so I missed my 10 miler without feeling too guilty. My disability decided to have one of its nastiest flares in a long time thanks to the weather so I had to miss it unfortunately. But I feel good coming off DL so I’m not concerned

Last edited:

I regret to inform everyone that the Central Florida weather has turned disgustingly humid in the morning again. 😭 I am praying this is temporary and it goes back to 40s/50s like it has been for more than the past month! :P
Manifesting this especially cause with he races I’m doing it his weekend one starts around 6am but the other starts around 9am

The countdown is really on for princess weekend! I am starting to get excited (and worrying that I might be forgetting something, lol).

Anyone else spending the week after princess weekend at the parks on their DVC points and going to Moonlight Magic at AK on 2/27? If so, I hope to see you there-this will be our first MM event! 💜
We are too!! taking DD17 for a grad trip and she’s running the 5 and then we changed our dates hoping to get into MM and we did !! It’s our first Disney Run and MM. hoping the weathwr is nice .. and all goes smoothly

We are too!! taking DD17 for a grad trip and she’s running the 5 and then we changed our dates hoping to get into MM and we did !! It’s our first Disney Run and MM. hoping the weathwr is nice .. and all goes smoothly
How exciting!! I hope DD has a wonderful race and all goes well. I hear mixed things about MM so I am hoping it is a good time -- although it's better than being at work in freezing temps and snow so.....all good. 🤣

For those of you who have run the princess half (or any half?) and stayed at an EPCOT resort (BW, BC/YC), if you stay at the after party long enough and run slow enough, are you able to walk back to the Beach Club (or your EPCOT resort) after the race if the park is open? I assume you need your park ticket/valid admission but if you are an AP and have an EPCOT park pass for that day, is this an option? Otherwise, do you take a bus back to the resort?

We usually stay at the GF for races and take the monorail back so now I am curious what options we might have.

I have never done that, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to as long as the park is open and you have a pass for that day. Epcot has early entry that day starting at 9:30 am. You'll just basically be walking through the park to the International Gateway. Not sure how much time it would save vs. taking the bus.

I have never done that, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to as long as the park is open and you have a pass for that day. Epcot has early entry that day starting at 9:30 am. You'll just basically be walking through the park to the International Gateway. Not sure how much time it would save vs. taking the bus.
It probably would depend on how intricate your costume is and if you would be susceptible to getting dress coded at security

For those of you who have run the princess half (or any half?) and stayed at an EPCOT resort (BW, BC/YC), if you stay at the after party long enough and run slow enough, are you able to walk back to the Beach Club (or your EPCOT resort) after the race if the park is open? I assume you need your park ticket/valid admission but if you are an AP and have an EPCOT park pass for that day, is this an option? Otherwise, do you take a bus back to the resort?

We usually stay at the GF for races and take the monorail back so now I am curious what options we might have.
sure you can go through Epcot after the race when the park is open - you are just entering as a guest. Lots of racers go to the park after the race. you still have to go back through security just like normal.

I assume you need your park ticket/valid admission but if you are an AP and have an EPCOT park pass for that day, is this an option? Otherwise, do you take a bus back to the resort?

Like @nancipants said...

We rope-dropped Epcot after the 5k in January and then walked to the Skyliner a few hours later.

Not sure how much time it would save vs. taking the bus.
Thanks, got it. So the bus is what you're supposed to take to get back to the resort then as the primary option? But if all else works in your favor, you could conceivably walk back to your resort through EPCOT/International Gateway. Just want to make sure I have it right.

Generally if you go 2 or 3 times a year and stay in deluxe resorts, it makes sense. DH did a whole spreadsheet comparison back when we bought and our break-even was 7 years iirc. That was in 2001 but a simple update of costs would be easy to do if you ever want it as ammo!
@Zaranthenia
We bought resale last year (Saratoga, 100pts with another 200 points they had banked, etc that we rented out to cover a portion of the purchase price) because we had been renting every year for the previous 3 years, and at $18/pt we would break even in about 7 years as well. I never compare deluxe rack rates, because I would never pay those, and renting DVC puts you at about the cost of a skyliner value or a mod, which is what we *would* pay for a trip. 100pts really is enough for our travel habits (usually just a studio for a week for MW, possibility for a weekend here or there in the future when a few of our kids have moved out.) I soooooo much prefer being in control of my own trip than renting and not being able to modify or cancel anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter