Princesses

Lovewinnie

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Planning to book the royal tea for DD7 on our upcoming cruise. I’m not sure about booking the Princess gathering as well. We would do both of these on the sea day. Are they the same princesses at both? Thank you!!

The characters for those events are not set in stone and can vary cruise to cruise depending on cast member availability. The would not necessarily be the same. At the princess gathering on our last cruise we had Cinderella, Belle, Tiana and Sofia, but I've heard of Ariel being at the tea, and Sofia I think probably wouldn't be given the nature of the tea interactions and costume limitations. I would say do both--why not? We often see the same princesses twice at Disney World when we go and my kids still enjoy meeting them each time.

The characters for those events are not set in stone and can vary cruise to cruise depending on cast member availability. The would not necessarily be the same. At the princess gathering on our last cruise we had Cinderella, Belle, Tiana and Sofia, but I've heard of Ariel being at the tea, and Sofia I think probably wouldn't be given the nature of the tea interactions and costume limitations. I would say do both--why not? We often see the same princesses twice at Disney World when we go and my kids still enjoy meeting them each time.
Thanks for your reply. I’m not opposed to seeing the same princesses twice but this would be meeting the same princesses just hours apart. If it were the same princesses then we may just do the tea, which also opens up the princess gathering tickets for other kids on our cruise

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I’m not opposed to seeing the same princesses twice but this would be meeting the same princesses just hours apart. If it were the same princesses then we may just do the tea, which also opens up the princess gathering tickets for other girls on our cruise

There will almost certainly be overlap (possibly 100%, possibly one or two differences). We must just be characteraholics because we often meet same characters twice in one day ;)

I definitely laud your sentiment of letting other little girls and boys have the chance. I will say, I did find it a bit annoying that the princesses are out in the open in the lobby--there are a lot of frustrated people who wait in the long windy line only to get to the ticket taker and be turned away. So if you are on the fence, another option is to get the tickets, and if you decide you don't need them, offer them up to someone in the lobby who gets turned away (there were plenty such people when we went, so I doubt it would be hard to find someone to give them to on the day of if you happen to be walking through the lobby at some point when the princesses are there)

There will almost certainly be overlap (possibly 100%, possibly one or two differences). We must just be characteraholics because we often meet same characters twice in one day ;)

I definitely laud your sentiment of letting other little girls and boys have the chance. I will say, I did find it a bit annoying that the princesses are out in the open in the lobby--there are a lot of frustrated people who wait in the long windy line only to get to the ticket taker and be turned away. So if you are on the fence, another option is to get the tickets, and if you decide you don't need them, offer them up to someone in the lobby who gets turned away (there were plenty such people when we went, so I doubt it would be hard to find someone to give them to on the day of if you happen to be walking through the lobby at some point when the princesses are there)
On the Dream in March they didn't hand out tickets. They had a list of names and checked to make sure we were on the list.

When we've done the tea, we've also done the Princess meet and greet. They are mostly the same princesses, but there are usually more at the meet and greet than the tea. The nice thing is, that when we've done both, the princesses have remembered my daughter and it's made the interactions even better.

On the Dream in March they didn't hand out tickets. They had a list of names and checked to make sure we were on the list.

Oh how weird; I guess that is consistent with them phasing out the paper navigators too. Sorry!

I would still do both, but if you are not interested in seeing the princesses twice, don't. There will definitely be a lot of overlap.

If we wanted to let a CM know that we decided not to go, but chose two people to take our place, can we do that at time of?

Do both!!

My daughter loved meeting the princesses as muchb as possible - daily if possible. And as mentioned above if you do both in the same day the princesses will probably remember your daughter, it also happened to us so it made the whole thing even more special for my DD :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter