Print your own lanyard card? No more lanyards?

insureman

DIS Veteran

Attachments

• 1670004035624.png
    1670004035624.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 9
From an email I just received. Looks like with the new Pearl Castaway Club tier the lanyards are going away for all levels.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-cruise-line-castaway-club-members-show-your-castaway-club-colors-with-printable-lanyard-cards/?CMP=EMC-1699569951|353601750&cid=PDM628114&bid=1747148939

Disney Parks BlogSearch

Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club Members: Show Your Castaway Club Colors with Printable Lanyard Cards​

To celebrate Castaway Club members and welcome the new Pearl tier, here are some double-sided lanyard cards! Simply click the images to download and create your own.T
View attachment 722721
It doesn't really say the lanyards themselves are going away. But, maybe, DCL is switching to a generic one, usable by all levels.

It doesn't really say the lanyards themselves are going away. But, maybe, DCL is switching to a generic one, usable by all levels.
That was my guess. That way they don't have to deal with "Can I get a lanyard for the same level as the rest of the people in my room?"

So disappointing… my kids just got to platinum on our last cruise, we were 2 ahead , and now it’s cheapened by print your own paper cards? 🙄 I remember our first Disney cruise and I thought “wow, if we are ever platinum, I will get the black lanyard and the black bag,” and now it’s not even hardly recognized. Can’t even board when we want. Not sure how many more Disney cruises we’ll do. Also, we have 5 kids so we have to have 2 rooms… 😞. We have been loyal Disney cruisers for 12 years.

You all are making up problems to stress about. Until we start to see the tiered lanyards disappear or Disney makes an announcement, I wouldn't worry about it. These cards are just something extra that you can put into the pouch with your Key. I once bought Halloween-themed lanyards from the onboard shop and those came with a Halloween card that went into the pouch with the Key for extra fun. It's no big deal.

"Hysteria"

R.b2e07f5b39e836c9d713f6d05b5ed3c6

MagicBands please.

Even if we did see an official announcement about tiered lanyards going away, is that really something that should justify any of the hysteria we're seeing?
I justify it because DCL and the Disney Parks have been chipping away at experiences every year. Don't forget this is a premium cruise line with premium prices and if they keep taking away things then they are just like any other cruise line. I don't see any decrease in the cruise fare when they discontinue something, do you? If you don't call them out on it they will just continue taking things away every year.

Last edited:
I justify it because DCL and the Disney Parks have been chipping away at experiences every year. Don't forget this is a premium cruise line with premium prices and if they keep taking away things then they are just like any other cruise line. I don't see any decrease in the cruise fare when they discontinue something, do you? If you don't call them out on it it will just continue every year.
If I never get another piece of crap free lanyard again, it'll be too soon. I have way too many already and I'm a lowly Silver. It's wasteful and unnecessary.

1670006890719.png

I think they are implying that it's something every year that DCL does that lessens the premium cruise experience. It tends to get frustrating after a while.
A lanyard is not a premium item. It is cheap, worthless, junky landfill-fodder. (Same with paper itineraries, by the way, since I know that's where your mind is going.)

You all are making up problems to stress about. Until we start to see the tiered lanyards disappear or Disney makes an announcement, I wouldn't worry about it. These cards are just something extra that you can put into the pouch with your Key. I once bought Halloween-themed lanyards from the onboard shop and those came with a Halloween card that went into the pouch with the Key for extra fun. It's no big deal.
There won't be an announcement they will just fade away. Also not stressed just frustrated with DCL and the Disney Company in general.

If I never get another piece of crap free lanyard again, it'll be too soon. I have way too many already and I'm a lowly Silver. It's wasteful and unnecessary.

View attachment 722728

A lanyard is not a premium item. It is cheap, worthless, junky landfill-fodder. (Same with paper itineraries, by the way, since I know that's where your mind is going.)
You don't have to take the lanyard just can give it back to the stateroom host. Since you brought up the paper navigators I found it interesting that some cruise lines started giving them out again and that DCL is now printing a generic itinerary for those who want it as reported in this forum. It's almost like you read my mind.:)

View attachment 722728

I like the lanyards and I intend to collect them from every cruise. I'll be sad to see them go, should that happen. Let's not talk about paper itineraries. We've done that enough.

From an email I just received. Looks like with the new Pearl Castaway Club tier the lanyards are going away for all levels.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-cruise-line-castaway-club-members-show-your-castaway-club-colors-with-printable-lanyard-cards/?CMP=EMC-1699569951|353601750&cid=PDM628114&bid=1747148939

Disney Parks BlogSearch

Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club Members: Show Your Castaway Club Colors with Printable Lanyard Cards​

To celebrate Castaway Club members and welcome the new Pearl tier, here are some double-sided lanyard cards! Simply click the images to download and create your own.

When I see their email I only see them giving a way to print the new tiers on a card at home so guests can immediately celebrate new tiers with a card. Nothing about the actual lanyards.

But since on that topic I have always loved getting the lanyards in the stateroom upon check-in and watching the lanyard colors change as we sailed more I think this is a critical touch they keep. But I see no hint of that being effected by this DCL email.

Normally I would say who cares about a lanyard. We are finally donating all our silver and gold lanyards because we have no use for them. The platinum lanyard was a different story, at least when we last sailed DCL in 2016. It was a lightweight very comfortable material that was gentle on your neck. To this day we still use our DCL lanyards on RCCL and Celebrity. Also guilty of wearing my DCL hoodies yet on other lines too;)

So we wouldn’t change lines because of a lanyard, but would be bummed if the quality went down. We are one of the few that love the convenience of a lanyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter